the four horsemen

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the four horsemen

The rider of the white horse is Constantine from the white sea

The rider of the red horse is Mohammed from the red sea, Antichrist

The rider of the black horse is Marx from the black sea, communism

The rider of the pale horse is with us now

So you say Constantine did not come from the White Sea? This is true but did you know that even today the Turks refer to the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Sea#cite_ref-6"]Mediterranean Sea as the white sea[/URL]? It is a rough sea with what they call white caps, which makes it look white. Also did you know that bow in Genesis means covenant? Constantine started the Christian empire that was to last over a thousand years. It would not have happened without divine intervention.

To be continued…….

back to
the apocalypse

Last edited:

northwye

The four horses and riders of Revelation 6: 2-8 are a quartet. They are all four of the same type of thing, or world empires, and the traits of world empires. In interpreting the four horsemen, one cannot just decide for himself that one is the anti-Christ, one is the Pope, or Hitler, or whatever, because that does not fit together as a quartet.

In fact, there is no one man anti-Christ in scripture. Read the two texts on anti-Christ, in I John 2:18, which says at that time there were many anti-Christs, and read I John 4: 3 which identifies the anti-Christ power as the spirit of anti-Christ.

The four horsemen as world empires and the characteristics of those empires are to come into existence in our time line. They are not pre-Cross world empires, with attached traits such as usury banking, colonialism, capitalism, Marxism or the Nazi movement as fascism.

It helps a great deal to see the four world empires in Daniel 7: 4-7 as being post-Cross empires not the same empires as in Daniel 2, which are the Babylonian, Persian, Greek and Roman empires.

Using the four post-Cross empires in Daniel 7: 4-7, we can see that the white horse is the British empire, the red horse is the Marxist Soviet Union, the black horse is Nazi Germany and the pale horse with Death as its rider and Hell following him is that fourth beast empire of Daniel 7: 7, which in Revelation 13: 2 has traits of the lion, bear and leopard empires. The beast empire which in history came to world power following the rising of the British, Russian and Nazi Germany empires is the U.S.

There is no one man anti-Christ among the four horses, nor is there a Hitler, or whoever someone might dream up. Because the four horses represent world empires and their ideologies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The four horsemen as world empires and the characteristics of those empires are to come into existence in our time line. They are not pre-Cross world empires, with attached traits such as usury banking, colonialism, capitalism, Marxism or the Nazi movement as fascism.

It helps a great deal to see the four world empires in Daniel 7: 4-7 as being post-Cross empires not the same empires as in Daniel 2, which are the Babylonian, Persian, Greek and Roman empires.

the four horsemen are not world empires nor are they beasts
and
beasts are called beasts in daniel
but
persia is not one of them as I point out in my thread on the four beasts

Daniel1611

There are many anti-christs. Anti-christs like Nero, Constantine, Stalin, Bush, Obama, Mao, etc. (evil men opposed to the ways of Christ and who want to dominate the world with evil.). Then there are anti-christs who is anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ (as written in 1 John), then there is THE Anti-Christ who will be a global ruler put into power by Satan in the end times. This seems to be an obvious interpretation from how it's laid out in the Bible. I don't believe that the Bible is overly complicated or that God wants to trick us. IDK if all my interpretations about the end times are right, but it seems to me there are anti-christs and THE anti-Christ and the four horsemen will be tied in with THE anti-Christ in the last days,

Daniel1611

based on what?

The Bible talks all the through it about believers facing tribulation. The whole book of Acts is about their tribulation, same with Paul's letters. Jesus told us we would all have tribulation if we followed him, but to be of good cheer. But in the end times, there is THE tribulation "such as was never seen before or will never be seen again" where the anti-Christ will persecute the believers and there will be horrible wars and natural disasters and all sorts of terribleness until Jesus returns to save the people who believe in him and survive THE tribulation. You see tribulation in every book of the Bible. And THE Great Tribulation is described in Mathew, Mark, Luke, and Revelation to name a few.

Unless I don't understand your question. I thought tribulation was a basic Biblical idea.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Bible talks all the through it about believers facing tribulation. The whole book of Acts is about their tribulation, same with Paul's letters. Jesus told us we would all have tribulation if we followed him, but to be of good cheer. But in the end times, there is THE tribulation "such as was never seen before or will never be seen again" where the anti-Christ will persecute the believers and there will be horrible wars and natural disasters and all sorts of terribleness until Jesus returns to save the people who believe in him and survive THE tribulation. You see tribulation in every book of the Bible. And THE Great Tribulation is described in Mathew, Mark, Luke, and Revelation to name a few.

Unless I don't understand your question. I thought tribulation was a basic Biblical idea.

much of what you are talking about may already be history
and
can you find it in the apocalypse?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it should be clear
the two most significant people who have ever lived
are
Jesus and Mohamed
if one is the Christ
the other must be the Antichrist

the third most significant person to live is Constantine who made the world safe for christians

the two greatest threats to christianity are Islam and communism
and
that would make Marx
the fourth most significant person in the world

look no further for the four horsemen

BigBoof1959

I have a slightly different take on the four horsemen. They portray a repeating historical pattern.

The first horseman is on a white horse and is carrying a "toxon" or bow. Many people say this is a bow made of ribbon, but that doesn't fit the context of "conquering", and further, the septuagint uses this word to translate the Hebrew word "qehsheth", an archery bow. The root word for toxon is "tik-tow", which means "to bring forth, produce". It is also used to speak of a mother bringing forth a child. The purpose of a toxon or archery bow is to "bring forth" an arrow. The root word "tik-tow" is also the basis for our english word "technology" (or as my little sister used to pronounce it "tik-nology").

Since life is a challenge for us humans as a result of the fall, we look in many directions for relief from the problems facing us. The first thing Adam and Eve did after sinning was to employ "tiknology" and "produce" coverings for themselves. New technology and inventions always come trotting out on their "white horse", promising to save the day. It never seems to work out that way though. Technology always comes at a price, environmentally, and in social structure.

Due to man's fallen nature, technological superiority inevitably leads to military superiority, which is symbolized by the red horseman.

War eventually leads to famine, since many farmers are taken from their work to fight, and an army needs to be fed. This is symbolized by the black horse.

The cumulative effects of what these three horsemen represent is wrapped up in the last horseman, death.

This is what I believe the four horsemen represent.

tomlapalm

The four horsemen are angels, silly, sent from the Lamb. All Future events not historical people

the white is conquest or massing authority to a single power
red is war to achieve the desired unity under the anti Christ
black is famine
pale is death
death follows famine famine follows war war follows a desire to conquer, everytime

False Prophet

And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he that sat thereon had a bow; and there was given unto him a crown: and he came forth conquering, and to conquer. Rev 6:2
I heard that this was supposed to be the antichrist, but he is left out until Rev 12.

And another horse came forth, a red horse: and to him that sat thereon it was given to take peace from the earth, and that they should slay one another: and there was given unto him a great sword Rev 6:4

The world has not know peace. So this is why some say that the rider of the first horse is the antichrist. The antichrist appears and gives the world peace, then the rider on the red horse takes away the peace that the world has enjoyed for a brief time.

And I saw, and behold, a black horse; and he that sat thereon had a balance in his hand. 6And I heard as it were a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, A measure of wheat for a shilling, and three measures of barley for a shilling; and the oil and the wine hurt thou not. Rev 6:5

The black horse is for economic hardship and famine on an unprecedented scale. A shilling was supposed to be a day's wages. A meal would cost you a day's work.

a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth. Rev 6:8

The pale horse is named death, and a quarter of the earth's population will be destroyed by this horse. So we have the four horseman. We can make this book say anything. It is written in parables and visions, so anyone can be a prophet making wild interpretations about a book of parables and visions.

False Prophet

Our murderous species is not interested in peace. We can point fingers, but we can not control the actions of others. We can only take care of ourselves. I am responsible for my own actions, but I can not make others do what I want them to do.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Our murderous species is not interested in peace. We can point fingers, but we can not control the actions of others. We can only take care of ourselves. I am responsible for my own actions, but I can not make others do what I want them to do.

you can try to prevent them from doing what they want to do

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have a slightly different take on the four horsemen. They portray a repeating historical pattern.

The first horseman is on a white horse and is carrying a "toxon" or bow. Many people say this is a bow made of ribbon, but that doesn't fit the context of "conquering", and further, the septuagint uses this word to translate the Hebrew word "qehsheth", an archery bow. The root word for toxon is "tik-tow", which means "to bring forth, produce". It is also used to speak of a mother bringing forth a child. The purpose of a toxon or archery bow is to "bring forth" an arrow. The root word "tik-tow" is also the basis for our english word "technology" (or as my little sister used to pronounce it "tik-nology").

this is interesting
have not heard of tik-tow or bring forth
but
I like it
constantine did bring forth the first christian empire which was to last over 1000 years
and
that is something that should not be ignored

there is often more than one meaning for symbols
so
the bow could represent
bringing forth
as well as
a covenant with God