James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What good is prayer if God's will is set in stone?
I explained this in my post above. You have the duty to reconcile clear teachings about God knowing what you will pray about before you even pray, moreover, the Spirit growning for you in prayer when you cannot even form the words of your prayers, versus this statement of yours. How is God's set in stone will being that when you pray for this or that He will answer this or that a problem? When you pray do you feel you are being coerced into so doing? Are not your prayers your genuine concerns at the time you so pray? Why is it you feel compelled to peek behind the curtain, as it were, to enter into the mind of God and seek more than which you are entitled (Deut. 29:29)? God has already answered those that would seek to place Him in the Dock to defend Himself, no? See Job. Many seem to have no problem with God sitting on His throne with His sceptre in His hand, but they gnash their teeth when He deems He should rule. Sigh. We really resist a sovereign God because we want to cling to notions of autonomy from Him, thus re-defining what the word "sovereign" means. This was the sin of Adam and it continues to war within us all to our death. I suspect you may know you will not have this precious free will you cling to now. Again Scripture is clear on this, too. How do you reconcile this fact with your current views?

AMR

Christian Liberty

It's desperation when you see the general come on the field and insist some members of the opposing army need to retire because they aren't wearing the right uniforms. That's desperation. :chuckle:

Well, you got one thing right. Open theists certainly aren't in the same army as I am.

glorydaz

Oh my gosh!
It CAN get funnier!

The fact is....it's impossible to take some people seriously, no matter the subject. Why? Because they get so huffy and puffed up and strut back and forth like little wind up dolls. It reminds me of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reed with their self-righteous indignation, and their higher-than-thou attitude. We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it....you idiots. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am sorry, Tambora, but you have forfeited any obligation on my part to take you seriously
Fine by me.

I been accused of not wanting to learn and not caring about God's word, being an agent of the devil, etc.; all because I'm not confused on what the word "change" means.

It would be so simple to just say, "God changes, but His changes do not cause him to cease being God".

It's the same all around us.
Humans change, animals change, plants change. But they do not cease being humans, animals, and plants.

glorydaz

Translation: What good is God, if I cannot control Him?

Uh, I do believe it was our Lord Jesus Christ who told us to ask and we would receive. Of course, that isn't in your Calvin directory of proof texts, is it?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The fact is....it's impossible to take some people seriously, no matter the subject. Why? Because they get so huffy and puffed up and strut back and forth like little wind up dolls. It reminds me of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reed with their self-righteous indignation, and their higher-than-thou attitude. We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it....you idiots. :chuckle:

His name is spelled Harry R-E-I-D :readthis:

Christian Liberty

Uh, I do believe it was our Lord Jesus Christ who told us to ask and we would receive. Of course, that isn't in your Calvin directory of proof texts, is it?

You're an idiot...

I still haven't really read Calvin. I plan on it, but I haven't yet. And that simple fact proves that you are an idiot.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not that smart. It doesn't really take much to be smarter than Bob Enyart.
One does not have to be the smartest to be right, now do they?
Huh? Tell us, just when did it become a criteria that in order for one to be right, they had to first be the smartest?
Let us all know when that rule was made, will ya?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It would be so simple to just say, "God changes, but His changes do not cause him to cease being God".

This is what you are not grasping . . . if God was mutable, He would not be God. He would be no different or higher in Person than humans, animals, or any of His creation.

To claim that He is the same as all that He created, is to deny His very Godhood.

It is blasphemy to attempt to bring God down to our finite level . . . for change exists only amongst what is finite. The Infinite Creator is without and apart from any change because He so defines Himself.

glorydaz

At the risk of getting into another argument with AMR, no, I won't join the Marines. I don't support the US Military because I do not support US Foreign Policy and I don't use the Nuremberg defense...

Ah, a sissy boy, huh?

Well, go to the movies and hope the jihadis don't come to a town near you. :popcorn:

Christian Liberty

His name is spelled Harry R-E-I-D :readthis:

That doesn't mean he can read;)

I can't even believe that she compared us to those scumbags. I can't speak for you, but speaking for myself, I don't believe the State should exist at all. And Harry Reid and Pelosi use 1984 as a how-to manual.

I'm really flabbergasted by that comparison. I really am. I mean, I'm guessing Glorydaz never reads any of my posts. Kind of like how CatholicCrusader constantly accuses me of having been indoctrinated by Obama. lol.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What's that you say, Nagina? You play an instrument? :jazz:

I would report this insult, but I have received two infractions from Knight for reporting Open Theists this evening.

YOU are not worth getting banned for . . .

glorydaz

This is what you are not grasping . . . if God was mutable, He would not be God. He would be no different or higher in Person than humans, animals, or any of His creation.

To claim that He is the same as all that He created, is to deny His very Godhood.

It is blasphemy to attempt to bring God down to our finite level . . . for change exists only amongst what is finite. The Infinite Creator is without and apart from any change because He so defines Himself.

It wouldn't be bringing God down to our level since man was created in HIS image. That means we are like God in many ways. Did God create us with the ability to change our mind....did he just pick that idea out of thin air?

Christian Liberty

One does not have to be the smartest to be right, now do they?
Huh? Tell us, just when did it become a criteria that in order for one to be right, they had to first be the smartest?
Let us all know when that rule was made, will ya?
Again, the texts in question are painfully simple. A "pastor" who does not recognize this lacks reading comprehension abilities and is unintelligent. This applies to Enyart.

Ah, a sissy boy, huh?

Well, go to the movies and hope the jihadis don't come to a town near you. :popcorn:

:rolleyes: you really are stupid aren't you? Why not research blowback? Or are you too scared to think your government could ever lie to you/

I'm too manly to blindly follow orders. I'm too manly to become a pawn to kill and die for politicians. And I'd be manly enough to say that to a soldier's face if I needed to.

Brother Vinny

I would report this insult, but I have received two infractions from Admin for speaking up against the Open Theists this evening.

Would suggest an equally-appalling nickname for gdayz, but I know you're too refined to use it.

glorydaz

I would report this insult, but I have received two infractions from Admin for speaking up against the Open Theists this evening.

Oh come on, Nang. I'm worth it....really I am.