Abuse, libel , stalking and bully boy tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have a very high regard for your learning. You know Scripture inside out. You are learned theologically within the sphere of your belief.
I love you in the general way that I love any of my neighbors.
I could not possibly hate you.

Thought so . . .

I love you, too !

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many on TOL know my identity and location, due to my releasing such facts.
I bet you'd be surprised how few actually paid attention to that. I couldn't pick you out of a police lineup and I've read you around here for years. Couldn't tell you where you live or what you do or did for a living. I know you're married to a nice fellow I know no more about, beyond a few of his ideas, than I do you. I suppose that's the way of it for most of us with one another. And those who know more are likely friends and the last sort to attempt anything actionable or to aid those who would.

Have you ever disclosed your name and address to members here, in order to subscribe and send monies to TOL or send communications to others?
AMR and a few others know me outside of this, but most don't. And I doubt you'd get that private and rare understanding introduced, before we even get to the idea of harm to a reputation that isn't widely connected with anything more or less than rhetoric and a username.

If nothing else, the Admin and mods have our personal info,, and that is why there is a level of legal responsibility imposed upon them, if any of us do suffer libel or harm under their watch.
What harm and how libeled, again. Now if the admin had and used personal information to attach us publicly and that resulted in real defamation and libel, somehow reaching our communities and doing some distinct harm...maybe. But that's not going to happen on Knight's watch. Hasn't to my knowledge in the history of the joint.

glorydaz

Many on TOL know my identity and location, due to my releasing such facts.

Have you ever disclosed your name and address to members here, in order to subscribe and send monies to TOL or send communications to others?

If nothing else, the Admin and mods have our personal info,, and that is why there is a level of legal responsibility imposed upon them, if any of us do suffer libel or harm under their watch.

Libel? I'm pretty sure opinions are excluded, since they cannot be proven true or false. What? Someone might publish some fake address for you? :chuckle:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Huh?

I think you have misunderstood once again. That happens when you have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to me. Compose yourself and think about why my suggestion to Knight is prudent and you may just get it.

AMR

S0ZO

It rises to the level of hatred, slander, and if repetitive over years and years time . . deliberate and personal harassment.
When I read this, all I can think about is your local grocery store, and how everyone must cringe when they see you walk in the door... from the guy behind the meat counter, to the cashier, to the kid who sacks your groceries. The manager has probably told you several times... "Look lady, if you don't like the way we do things around here, you are free to shop somewhere else". But you just glare at him, push your cart out the door (knocking down some guy with a cane) and drive off going "bah"... "bah"... "bah" at everyone in the parking lot. In your mind, you think they are all out to get you, but the truth is, you're just the crotchety old nag that they all gruelingly endure.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
When I read this, all I can think about is your local grocery store, and how everyone must cringe when they see you walk in the door... from the guy behind the meat counter, to the cashier, to the kid who sacks your groceries. The manager has probably told you several times... "Look lady, if you don't like the way we do things around here, you are free to shop somewhere else". But you just glare at him, push your cart out the door (knocking down some guy with a cane) and drive off going "bah"... "bah"... "bah" at everyone in the parking lot. In your mind, you think they are all out to get you, but the truth is, you're just the crotchety old nag that they all gruelingly endure.

This is so funny . . .

Come go shopping with me sometime, Dave, and see how wrong you are!

I live in a small town, and all the employees of the three stores we frequent know my husband and myself, many have visited our home, and all cater to our every whim.

(Was accommodated with a special Orange Flesh Melon, put aside for me, a couple of days ago, after a special request made a few days ago.)

You do not know what you are talking about . . .

My neighbors love me, even if you don't.

Your problem, not mine.

Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I bet you'd be surprised how few actually paid attention to that. I couldn't pick you out of a police lineup and I've read you around here for years.

I think this is very sad . . .

Why not?

Because you do not care, and have never shown any interest in me at all, have you?

Couldn't tell you where you live or what you do or did for a living.

Even after my answering Quincy's questionaire?

Your loss . . .

My waste . . .

And my disappointment that after my posting here for over 7 1/2 years, you retain no knowledge or interest in me at all.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why not?

Because you do not care, and have never shown any interest in me at all, have you?

Your loss . . .

My waste . . .

And my disappointment that after my posting here for over 7 1/2 years, you retain no knowledge or interest in me at all.

Outside of those you like and agree with (which excludes the female members of TOL), when do you show any particular concern or interest in others?

You seem to harbour a lot of hostility towards a good portion of the members on TOL.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have to say TH's post caused tears . . .

Because I have enjoyed his pictures of wife and son, with the greatest love and joy . . . and to find out I am an unknown, non-entity to him, is devastating.

I have a lovely family and house, too, but it does not exist in TH's mind . . . because he has never interacted or asked about my life.

There is no person in his mind and heart, named "Nang" that he has ever prayed for.

Something is really, really wrong and sorry about this.

Nang

glorydaz

Why not?

Your loss . . .

My waste . . .

Nang, your feelings are hurt because Town wouldn't recognize you and doesn't know where you live? I could say the same about any number of people on here I care a great deal about. You are just like a teenager...having to be the center of your own universe, and are crushed when you find out you aren't. :sigh:

glorydaz

I have to say TH's post caused tears . . .

Because I have enjoyed his pictures of wife and son, with the greatest love and joy . . . and to find out I am an unknown, non-entity to him, is devastating.

I have a lovely family and house, too, but it does not exist in TH's mind . . . because he has never interacted or asked about my life.

There is no person in his mind and heart, named "Nang" that he has ever prayed for.

Something is really, really wrong and sorry about this.

Nang

Yes, Nang, there is something really wrong, and it isn't with Town. He draws people and you repel them. He isn't looking to impress and you are. He is a real person and you are a fake person. Set aside your inordinate pride, and you can be a real person, too. Put simply, you reap what you sow, Nang. I try really hard to hang onto the few personal things you have shared with me, but you try really hard to erase them from my mind. You might think about this tear-filled post of yours when you're posting.

The 5 solas

I am female and I enjoy Nang very much. I think she has been misunderstood and there are certain people here who are incapable of being kind to her because of their own choosing and lack of civility. Intelligence and ability does not mean one is puffed up, she is simply more capable than most on this board. She does not sink to the same depths of crass ignorance by responding in like kind to many who do deserve it. No wonder she seems hostile at times with all the name calling and abuse she receives. The fact that she puts up with it at all is a testimony of her being long suffering.

I often wonder, as I read the rude posts of those of you who write like that, if you actually speak that way to others in real life. If so, you must be the ones who cause people in your community to cringe and try to hide from for fear of being the recipients of venomous tongue lashings.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am female and I enjoy Nang very much. I think she has been misunderstood and there are certain people here who are incapable of being kind to her because of their own choosing and lack of civility.
I like Nang in general, but you've been here...what, a month or so? Meaning your exposure to her is rather limited and your opinion much like the man grasping the tale of an elephant. She can be as insulting and charged as many here when her dander is up. I haven't seen her be crass, but sometimes a strident enough tone can invite the crass in those who have issues with their own impulses.

She also doesn't believe that women should have been given the vote. Not sure how you feel about that...but the point being she holds and advances strong opinion on subjects and, occasionally, on people. That's going to end badly now and again.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like Nang in general, but you've been here...what, a month or so? Meaning your exposure to her is rather limited and your opinion much like the man grasping the tale of an elephant. She can be as insulting and charged as many here when her dander is up. I haven't seen her be crass, but sometimes a strident enough tone can invite the crass in those who have issues with their own impulses.

She also doesn't believe that women should have been given the vote. Not sure how you feel about that...but the point being she holds and advances strong opinion on subjects and, occasionally, on people. That's going to end badly now and again.

Indeed ...

The 5 solas

Town you have always been pleasant with me, which I appreciate. I have been here officially nearly 2 months now and longer than that without being registered. Quite frankly, no one has any idea who or how much I might be in communication with Nang in private or even outside this forum...or with any others for that matter.

It did not take very long to be able to discern who the ones are that speak hatefully, harshly and downright disgracefully. I know we all come from different parts of the world and I can definitely tell some were raised in a very different manner than what I am accustomed to.

It seems opinions are a dime a dozen here so I am sure I am allowed to have my own. The difference is, I am willing to change my opinion of people as I get to know them more. That may happen with my opinion of Nang or any number of others...time will tell.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town you have always been pleasant with me, which I appreciate.
I'm pleasant with anyone who lets me be.

I have been here officially nearly 2 months now and longer than that without being registered. Quite frankly, no one has any idea who or how much I might be in communication with Nang in private or even outside this forum...or with any others for that matter.
Okay. I've been here actively for about seven years. I've seen Nang at her best and worst and while I wouldn't compare her rhetoric with much of the lower nonsense that gets thrown around too easily here I have seen her give and get insult and the rest is really about the sort of dog in the fight, so to speak, where he or she bites and how hard.

I was simply noting what I could know and suggesting your window on the subject was necessarily narrower than some others here.

It did not take very long to be able to discern who the ones are that speak hatefully, harshly and downright disgracefully.
I'd agree. They tend to begin, continue and end with the same notes.

I know we all come from different parts of the world and I can definitely tell some were raised in a very different manner than what I am accustomed to.
Without question.

It seems opinions are a dime a dozen here so I am sure I am allowed to have my own.
My only concern and reason for commenting was out of respect for what seemed to me a gentle and honest impulse that might still suffer a bit in balance for a want of great familiarity.

The difference is, I am willing to change my opinion of people as I get to know them more.
The difference between yourself and who? Many a friend here began as something a bit less, at least among the sort worth counting as friends. And some early and easy associations have withered on the vine. So TOL is a bit like the real world, when it comes to people.

That may happen with my opinion of Nang or any number of others...time will tell.
My point was never to lower your opinion of Nang, but to broaden your consideration of those who might have their own course and cause in difference.

:e4e:

The 5 solas

Okay. I've been here actively for about seven years. I've seen Nang at her best and worst and while I wouldn't compare her rhetoric with much of the lower nonsense that gets thrown around too easily here I have seen her give and get insult and the rest is really about the sort of dog in the fight, so to speak, where he or she bites and how hard.

I was simply noting what I could know and suggesting your window on the subject was necessarily narrower than some others here.

Yes. You have formed your opinion and I have formed mine...of everyone that I have read posts from. We all start somewhere and as I said, those opinions can change over time. As my personal window widens, I can guarantee that my opinions will too.

I'd agree. They tend to begin, continue and end with the same notes.

You know what they say, "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

My only concern and reason for commenting was out of respect for what seemed to me a gentle and honest impulse that might still suffer a bit in balance for a want of great familiarity.

I understand and my personal position is not to stand by and simply watch others get attacked. I am a female who actually does not pick up stones and rocks even when she sees others doing it. I have always been told that is a good quality of mine.

The difference between yourself and who? Many a friend here began as something a bit less, at least among the sort worth counting as friends. And some early and easy associations have withered on the vine. So TOL is a bit like the real world, when it comes to people.

I totally agree. Again, time will tell.

My point was never to lower your opinion of Nang, but to broaden your consideration of those who might have their own course and cause in difference.

:e4e:

My opinion of others has been lowered only by the ones whose own dialogue has merited it. They reap what they sow. There is never any reason for people to be as rude and disgraceful as I have seen on here. The quality of a person can often be assessed by how they conduct themselves and sadly, some have shown themselves to be very dishonourable.

Status
Not open for further replies.