The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Get educated first here. Without that 'education' we have nothing to discuss. Your flittering about making pot-shots, silly little jabs and trolling is apparently "currently" allowed here (I'd not count on it), but would not be allowed in other forums. Those serious about the subject are likely not giving your posts so much as a glance, unless its part of the discussion, since its getting annoyingly tedious.

pj

I hate to embarrass you but, I don't read ANY of your links! I don't
really care what they allow and don't allow on other forums! If GM
is annoying you that much, why not report me? I hope what I just
said, isn't that tedious? Sounds like you're about to have some kind
of nervous breakdown? Are you okay? Tedium sometimes causes
that, side effect!!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Beloved57 believed believe Jesus is Michael the archangel. I think he is an hypercalvinist. I wished I knew what denomination are hypercalvinist and believes Jesus is Michael the archangel? I don't see much art of Jesus with wings.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Learning................

Learning................

I hate to embarrass you but, I don't read ANY of your links!

That's why your 'ignorant' of the subject, and prefer to troll the thread, instead of use the space here for what its intended for (discussion/dialogue). Being willfully ignorant, you retard your own progress and knowledge in the process. That's whats truly embarrassing (as self-sabotaging and defeating). The wonderful thing is you can make choices for yourself, not against yourself, if you take the opportunity.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's why your 'ignorant' of the subject, and prefer to troll the thread, instead of use the space here for what its intended for (discussion/dialogue). Being willfully ignorant, you retard your own progress and knowledge in the process. That's whats truly embarrassing (as self-sabotaging and defeating). The wonderful thing is you can make choices for yourself, not against yourself, if you take the opportunity.

pj

I'd rather take the opportunity to disregard your 'cultist views!'

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Michael/Jesus connection.......

Michael/Jesus connection.......

Beloved57 believed believe Jesus is Michael the archangel. I think he is an hypercalvinist. I wished I knew what denomination are hypercalvinist and believes Jesus is Michael the archangel? I don't see much art of Jesus with wings.

The UB teaches that the Creator Sons are also known as being of the Order of Michael,...and that each Creator Son can be called a 'Michael'(individually), which is why another title for Jesus is 'Christ-Michael'. Later confusions arose with the assumption of there existing an 'archange'l by the name of Michael, but Jesus does not belong to the order of 'archangels'. So the name 'Michael' was misapplied in some respects, but may in fact refer to 'Jesus' in some of the biblical accounts. We've gone over this here, but could be further researched.

More here.

Also: Michael of Nebadon

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Arent you a gem

Arent you a gem

I'd rather take the opportunity to disregard your 'cultist views!'

And I'll take mine to put you back on ignore, probably something many feel I ought to have done earlier. However, for the sake of the general readership, we'll take the higher good derived therefrom ;)

Be well,

:wave:

pj

journey

The UB teaches that the Creator Sons are also known as being of the Order of Michael,...and that each Creator Son can be called a 'Michael'(individually), which is why another title for Jesus is 'Christ-Michael'. Later confusions arose with the assumption of there existing an 'archange'l by the name of Michael, but Jesus does not belong to the order of 'archangels'. So the name 'Michael' was misapplied in some respects, but may in fact refer to 'Jesus' in some of the biblical accounts. We've gone over this here, but could be further researched.

More here.

Also: Michael of Nebadon

pj

The urantia book is FICTION JUNK that should never be compared to the Holy Bible.

journey

And I'll take mine to put you back on ignore, probably something many feel I ought to have done earlier. However, for the sake of the general readership, we'll take the higher good derived therefrom ;)

Be well,

pj

I also believe that the urantia folks are a false cult, but I also consider them to be a con game because of the theft of ideas from the Holy Bible. It's disgusting to watch anyone try to sell the urantia book as anything other than FICTION. Maybe you ought to put me on your ignore list also.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
recognizing truth wherever it is shared.......

recognizing truth wherever it is shared.......

The urantia book is FICTION JUNK that should never be compared to the Holy Bible.

Concerning truth -

132:3.2 Truth cannot be defined with words, only by living. Truth is always more than knowledge. Knowledge pertains to things observed, but truth transcends such purely material levels in that it consorts with wisdom and embraces such imponderables as human experience, even spiritual and living realities. Knowledge originates in science; wisdom, in true philosophy; truth, in the religious experience of spiritual living. Knowledge deals with facts; wisdom, with relationships; truth, with reality values.

132:3.4 Revealed truth, personally discovered truth, is the supreme delight of the human soul; it is the joint creation of the material mind and the indwelling spirit. The eternal salvation of this truth-discerning and beauty-loving soul is assured by that hunger and thirst for goodness which leads this mortal to develop a singleness of purpose to do the Father’s will, to find God and to become like him. There is never conflict between true knowledge and truth. There may be conflict between knowledge and human beliefs, beliefs colored with prejudice, distorted by fear, and dominated by the dread of facing new facts of material discovery or spiritual progress.

132:3.5 But truth can never become man’s possession without the exercise of faith. This is true because man’s thoughts, wisdom, ethics, and ideals will never rise higher than his faith, his sublime hope. And all such true faith is predicated on profound reflection, sincere self-criticism, and uncompromising moral consciousness. Faith is the inspiration of the spiritized creative imagination.

Remember,....if you would properly judge a writing, you would do well to first study it, or else your 'judgment' is insufficient, inept or biased, or a blend thereof. Concerning what is 'true', this comes by an inner recognition, intuitive sense, spiritual flavor or impression, and is further confirmed thru experience, or 'living' that truth.

The kingdom of heaven

pj

journey

Concerning truth -

Remember,....if you would properly judge a writing, you would do well to first study it, or else your 'judgment' is insufficient, inept or biased, or a blend thereof. Concerning what is 'true', this comes by an inner recognition, intuitive sense, spiritual flavor or impression, and is further confirmed thru experience, or 'living' that truth.

The kingdom of heaven

pj

Asking me to study the urantia book is like asking me to study a book on physics authored by Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Culture Club..........

Culture Club..........

I also believe that the urantia folks are a false cult, but I also consider them to be a con game because of the theft of ideas from the Holy Bible.

See:

Urantia cult?

Is the UB a cult?

As far as getting ideas or expanding from previously existing religious writings, many writers do such, expanding and enlargening religious thought, concepts and ideals,...this is further proved by 'progressive revelation'. The Bible doesn't have a monopoly on religious truths, principles, ideas,...and has its share of 'borrowing' concepts from other cultures, traditions, mythologies. Welcome to the cross-culturing of humanity.

It's disgusting to watch anyone try to sell the urantia book as anything other than FICTION.

The 'disgust' is yours alone, due to some psychological dysfunction or antagonism you have manifesting as a 'reaction' to your preconceived or misconceived belief and judgment, targeting this particular work. Perhaps you ought to look deeper into where the 'disgust' is coming from and why.

Also while you're at it,...prove your claim that any part or all of the UB is 'fiction', then also.... see if you can prove that any part of the Bible is not fiction.

Since you haven't read the UB, or at least a significant portion of the essential papers to know its basic philosophy/cosmology/theology, you don't know what you're talking about, neither are you here to discuss the contents, which is the purpose of the thread.

Asking me to study the urantia book is like asking me to study a book on physics authored by Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck.

Then you're wasting your time and ours. Per forum rules, its recommended that you leave and find a thread or subject that you are interested in with the purpose of having an actual dialogue.

pj

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
See:

Urantia cult?

Is the UB a cult?

As far as getting ideas or expanding from previously existing religious writings, many writers do such, expanding and enlargening religious thought, concepts and ideals,...this is further proved by 'progressive revelation'. The Bible doesn't have a monopoly on religious truths, principles, ideas,...and has its share of 'borrowing' concepts from other cultures, traditions, mythologies. Welcome to the cross-culturing of humanity.

The 'disgust' is yours alone, due to some psychological dysfunction or antagonism you have manifesting as a 'reaction' to your preconceived or misconceived belief and judgment, targeting this particular work. Perhaps you ought to look deeper into where the 'disgust' is coming from and why.

Also while you're at it,...prove your claim that any part or all of the UB is 'fiction', then also.... see if you can prove that any part of all of the Bible is not fiction.

Since you haven't read the UB, or at least a significant portion of the essential papers to know its basic philosophy/cosmology/theology, you don't know what you're talking about, neither are you here to discuss the contents, which is the purpose of the thread.

Then you're wasting your time and ours. Per forum rules, its recommended that you leave and find a thread or subject that you are interested in with the purpose of discussing and sharing a constructive dialogue about. Good bye :wave:

pj

Have you suddenly become the "TOL bouncer?" I really think you're
being somewhat presumptuous, and pretentious! YOU don't enforce
the rules around these parts! You may, think you do however, just
as your cultist beliefs are deranged and, not of the truth, so is your
delusion of control and superiority over others! Try and control
yourself, Freelight!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Be well,

pj

Are you referring to your 'little green men' in their, late model UFOs?

God's Truth

As much as I'm at liberty to think for myself and open myself to divine inspiration and guidance, I'll afford myself the opportunity, as any other. The Bible is a collection of various books written by different human authors at different time-periods so reflects the human mediums or writers, their belief-systems, cult-ure, background, influences at that particular time, such writings also being subject to 'redactions/revisions/doctoring' by scribes, as well as things being 'lost' or 'distorted' via translation, add onto that...'interpretation'.

A book is to be judged by its content in relation to the context in which it was written.

I personally find some books more interesting and inspired than others in the Bible, and in other religious scriptures. Why would I have to accept a collection of books written at various times by different authors to be of equal value or truth-content? - to assume such is the folly of assumption, pushed by some "inerrant word of God" concept. The Bible is not the only book inspired by or influenced by 'God', to believe that is to really suffer from a compartmentalization complex. Can you contain the infinite or crystallize a living reality that is endless and of eternal creative potential and revelatory power? Can you contain or assume a final formulation of what is true of Infinite Intelligence?

'God' is a universal Spirit-presence, not limited to only one human cult-ure or religious tradition. The reality of 'God' is omnipresent, ever radiant, being indivisible, the very 'light' that is enabling you and I to be conscious to relate these very words and ideas. 'God' is the very essence and consciousness of all beings, wherein all conditions and worlds arise, and inhere back into,...because 'God' is all there is. Remember, God is One, One Spirit, One Energy, One Mind, One Essence, One Universal Be-ing. All is derived from, inheres in and is encompassed by 'God'.

God is all.

'God' is truly INFINITE.

~*~*~

God's Everywhereness

Paper 3 - The Attributes of God

pj

We cannot pick apart the Holy Scriptures. We cannot say this is true, and this is not true. Who are you to say which is true and which is not true? If you would believe and obey everything that Jesus says, you would be given understanding.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God brought His Son through the Jews. The old law with the works of circumcision, the dietary laws, special days, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals were all a shadow of Jesus. They were all teaching tools. You rewrite the truth for a fictional Jesus.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
We cannot pick apart the Holy Scriptures. We cannot say this is true, and this is not true. Who are you to say which is true and which is not true? If you would believe and obey everything that Jesus says, you would be given understanding.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God brought His Son through the Jews. The old law with the works of circumcision, the dietary laws, special days, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals were all a shadow of Jesus. They were all teaching tools. You rewrite the truth for a fictional Jesus.

God inspired the one that loves Him. Without this inspiration, he wouldn't love Him. That verse didn't say how the believer believed. Reread it in the light of this and that verse changes everything the arminians ever believed. God keeps His promises so He'll find a way to inspire the unrengenerate to become regenerated. But God inspiring the Elects happened, 5 trillion+ years ago so He can be sure His promises will be kept.

In other words, God's promises WILL be kept and will always stand.

God's Truth

God inspired the one that loves Him. Without this inspiration, he wouldn't love Him. That verse didn't say how the believer believed. Reread it in the light of this and that verse changes everything the arminians ever believed. God keeps His promises so He'll find a way to inspire the unrengenerate to become regenerated. But God inspiring the Elects happened, 5 trillion+ years ago so He can be sure His promises will be kept.

In other words, God's promises WILL be kept and will always stand.

I am not arminian.

You have been misled to believe falseness about God's word.

Read what I have to say, and speak according to what I write. Do not read what I post and then merely repeat what your teachers have taught you.

Read what I write here and try to show me where I am wrong.

God does not say unbelievers by making them believe against their will. God does not make people believe without their wanting or knowing.

Show one scripture that says God saves people without their wanting.

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11. In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Paul says that God made the prophetic writings known so that all nations might believe and obey. So again, the word of God tells us that faith comes from hearing. Here are more scriptures that explain how we have to HEAR the message that saves: Acts 8:31: 10:14; 11:14; 16:31; John 9:36; Ephesians 1:13; 4:21; Titus 1:3; Colossians 1:5; 1:23.

We have been JUSTIFIED THROUGH FAITH. Through Jesus, we have GAINED ACCESS TO GRACE BY FAITH, see Romans 5:1, 2. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe, see Romans 3:22. Through faith we have been justified, and we are credited with righteousness for believing. Romans 4:20-24 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness---for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

See 1 Thessalonians 1:3, We continually remember before our God and Father YOUR WORK PRODUCED FAITH, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Believers TEACH FAITH to their children and this passes down to the children of their children. 2 Timothy 1:5 I have been reminded of your sincere faith which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Deuteronomy 6:1 These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to TEACH you…

6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

For everything that was written in the past was WRITTEN TO TEACH us, so that THROUGH THE ENDURANCE TAUGHT IN THE SCRIPTURES and the ENCOURAGEMENT THEY PROVIDE we might have HOPE. See Romans 15:4, 5.

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are WRITTEN that you may BELIEVE that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by BELIEVING you may have life in his name.

We did not come to know Christ while we were indulging in impurity. The change in our lifestyle shows that...we came to know Christ when we HEARD of him and were TAUGHT, with regard to our former way of life, to put off our old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of our minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. See Ephesians 4:18-24.

But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, IF we HOLD ON TO OUR COURAGE and the HOPE of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6.

So then, brothers and sisters, STAND FIRM and HOLD FAST to the TEACHINGS we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. See 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17.

Paul warns and encourages us in Hebrews 3:6, 2 Thessalonians, and Colossians 1:23 to continue in our faith, to make it established and firm… God does not force us to love and want him!

We have hope because of Jesus’ words--telling us we are no longer excluded Gentiles, no longer excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, no longer are we without HOPE and without God in the world, see Ephesians 2:12.

See Titus 1:2; and, 3:7. We have HOPE of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.

We long for an immortal physical body, we desire, we hope for the redemption of our bodies. For in this HOPE we turn to God and are saved. See Romans 8:23-25.

Through Jesus, we believe in God, because God raised Jesus from the dead and glorified him--So our FAITH and HOPE are in God. Read 1 Peter 1:21. We too want eternal life.

We DRAW near to God because of a better HOPE given us than that of the law; we hope in the perfection we receive through Jesus. See Hebrews 7:18, 19.

Now FAITH is CONFIDENCE in what we HOPE for and assurance about what we do not see. Read Hebrews 11:1.

Status
Not open for further replies.