BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(1114.7) 101:8.3 Faith has falsified its trust when it presumes to deny realities and to confer upon its devotees assumed knowledge. Faith is a traitor when it fosters betrayal of intellectual integrity and belittles loyalty to supreme values and divine ideals. Faith never shuns the problem-solving duty of mortal living. Living faith does not foster bigotry, persecution, or intolerance.

Wasn't that a quote from; Homer Strut Caste?

Letsargue

His mind told him that!

Just Google - First Lady a man

It's not my idea, there are hundreds of videos of stuff like that there. Obama's birth certificate, - well you'll see if you LOOK!!
There's a LOOOT if stuff the news Liars haven't told the World, and then!! - There's people like You!!!
Bust your back, spending fortunes, - trying to stay Alive, -- for Nothing, but for Obama, and Hate mongers, like some here on TOL!!!!!!

But, - I'm Just an Observer!!!

Paul, David -- 081314

Letsargue

And, a resident oddball!

(( IF Anybody )) cares about the Truth of God, or just how the "Man Being" acts at times, NOT a "Human Being", just look here at this person just being a Man, not a Christian.

What he says here, is his only form of Doing anything with people that is different from Him!! - Just look, and check the other Posts for his complete attitude of a "Man Being" and not Of God at all!!

Paul, David -- 081314

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(( IF Anybody )) cares about the Truth of God, or just how the "Man Being" acts at times, NOT a "Human Being", just look here at this person just being a Man, not a Christian.

What he says here, is his only form of Doing anything with people that is different from Him!! - Just look, and check the other Posts for his complete attitude of a "Man Being" and not Of God at all!!

Paul, David -- 081314

Thanks for that "Incoherent" comment! I think?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Living faith.............

Living faith.............

(1114.7) 101:8.3 Faith has falsified its trust when it presumes to deny realities and to confer upon its devotees assumed knowledge. Faith is a traitor when it fosters betrayal of intellectual integrity and belittles loyalty to supreme values and divine ideals. Faith never shuns the problem-solving duty of mortal living. Living faith does not foster bigotry, persecution, or intolerance.

:thumb:

The entire commentary on 'Faith and Belief' can be read here, to understand the above better in 'context'. It helps to distinguish a living 'faith' from mere intellectual 'belief' or adherence to a theological formula.

101:8.2 Belief is always limiting and binding; faith is expanding and releasing. Belief fixates, faith liberates. But living religious faith is more than the association of noble beliefs; it is more than an exalted system of philosophy; it is a living experience concerned with spiritual meanings, divine ideals, and supreme values;

- Paper 101, 'The Real Nature of Religion'.

Here we see the significance of a faith which inspires an 'interaction' with and a realization of 'spiritual meanings', 'divine ideals' and 'supreme values'. These are what the papers expound upon in their dissertations, upholding the principles of 'goodness', 'truth' and 'beauty', as all inspired philosophy thru-out the ages have.

Truth is universal.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey thanks, a second Urantia Book thread. I guess we can quote the book that people have not read but they hate?

Jesus of the UB:

(1731.1) 155:6.3 I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make — the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own personal experience. And so may you pass from death to life, from the authority of tradition to the experience of knowing God; thus will you pass from darkness to light, from a racial faith inherited to a personal faith achieved by actual experience; and thereby will you progress from a theology of mind handed down by your ancestors to a true religion of spirit which shall be built up in your souls as an eternal endowment.

We miss ya Caino! Nah! Just kidding ya!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Love notes.............

Love notes.............

We miss ya Caino! Nah! Just kidding ya!

Back to Square 1 here (remember,...cant go very far past first base) :)

Caino is doing fine, and may or may not be participating here after his ban is lifted. There are other forums and networks out there.

pj

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Back to Square 1 here (remember,...cant go very far past first base) :)

Caino is doing fine, and may or may not be participating here after his ban is lifted. There are other forums and networks out there.

pj

what is the difference between nonduality and the Tao?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
non dualism.............

non dualism.............

what is the difference between nonduality and the Tao?

Hi TB,

you'll have to cover some of my earlier posts on the subject made recently :)....since I sometimes will take on the greater transcendental non-dual view, when the complexities of 'dualistic thinking' get to complicated. Also you may have remembered I had a thread on 'Taoism', and 'Non-Duality', but they are no longer extant.

Not sure however this is the place to ask such a profound question, since the content-matter and 'gesture' of the thread is more in a mocking/critical tone about issues over the Urantia Papers and might be a bit too 'philosophical' for GM (respecting his thread).

In any case, off the top of my head,....Taoism has some commonalities with non-dualism in general, since the Tao is a universal principle, way of nature, subtle energy or 'presence' that is pervading all creation, flowing by its very own law of conductivity.

A good start might be to ponder the concept of 'dialectical monism' reflecting hindu/Buddhist/Taoist perespectives.

In the Urantia Papers, Ganid collected some manuscripts about the various world religions in Jesus time, you can find a commentary on Taoism among them here :)

Non-duality (centered more in the Advaita Vedanta tradition, but including all forms of non-dualism) may be treated again in a new forthcoming thread. Taoism as well. A commentary on the Tao Te Ching was about half way completed on the old thread.

pj

journey

freelight,

You just don't get it. Nobody is interested in this hocus pokus baloney except you and a couple of your buds. It's funny that you think folks are anxiously awaiting your next post. Some folks read your stuff because it's weird or funny.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Hi TB,

you'll have to cover some of my earlier posts on the subject made recently :)....since I sometimes will take on the greater transcendental non-dual view, when the complexities of 'dualistic thinking' get to complicated. Also you may have remembered I had a thread on 'Taoism', and 'Non-Duality', but they are no longer extant.

Not sure however this is the place to ask such a profound question, since the content-matter and 'gesture' of the thread is more in a mocking/critical tone about issues over the Urantia Papers and might be a bit too 'philosophical' for GM (respecting his thread).

In any case, off the top of my head,....Taoism has some commonalities with non-dualism in general, since the Tao is a universal principle, way of nature, subtle energy or 'presence' that is pervading all creation, flowing by its very own law of conductivity.

A good start might be to ponder the concept of 'dialectical monism' reflecting hindu/Buddhist/Taoist perespectives.

In the Urantia Papers, Ganid collected some manuscripts about the various world religions in Jesus time, you can find a commentary on Taoism among them here :)

Non-duality (centered more in the Advaita Vedanta tradition, but including all forms of non-dualism) may be treated again in a new forthcoming thread. Taoism as well. A commentary on the Tao Te Ching was about half way completed on the old thread.

pj

Over time while reading ancient Chinese documents, I've read that a master tells the student that if one describes Tao, then they don't know crap. Tao can't be discussed in everyday regular human language. Non-dualism seems to be saying the same thing. There are parts in the Bible where one can't grasp God in the same way they grasps the Dao. Perhaps you can show us a link to understand nondualism at first grade level.
From what I've seen here on TOL, most tried to treat God as an object and rearrange Him at different places. Some think God isn't with them as well as with others, including the bad people. When I see a leaf tumble, I view God is there at every leaf toss and tumbles.

Would you say God is the same as time, the absolute present? I don't see the past or the future exists even though I feel like I'm always living in the past while my mind isn't speedy enough to spot the present. Breath observation seems to be the only tool to toy with the present.