Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

You are so wrong. Was he in an imperishable mortal body or a spiritual body after the resurrection? And where was I rude or can't you take the heat?

What is raised is IMPERISHABLE. What is raised is not the regular flesh body. What is raised is an imperishable flesh---spiritual body---an immortal body.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is raised is IMPERISHABLE. What is raised is not the regular flesh body. What is raised is an imperishable flesh---spiritual body---an immortal body.

if by spiritual body you mean imperishable flesh, then we agree. It is a problem with semantics.

God's Truth

Could you show me where it says that?

1 Corinthians 15:42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;

1 Corinthians 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
According to the Bible Jesus was made lower than the angels when he was sent to earth as a human being. Humans are lower than angels.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

After Jesus was crucified he reappeared to his disciples. They did not recognize him at first because he was disguised. There is a good reason to believe he was disguised because he did not appear to the Jews. He had a good reason for not wanting to be recognized by anyone besides his trusted disciples. He was just crucified by his enemies.
Mary at first thought Jesus was a Gardner because he was disguised as a Gardner.
John 20:14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
15 "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."

Luke 24:41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.
What gives Jesus away that he did not die at the crucifixion is he asks for food because he is hungry. He is still very much the human he was and, 3 days in the tomb built quite an appetite in Jesus. If he became a spirit or God. There would be no need for food.

Cruciform

We have a body that is in the image of God.
The imago dei ("image of God") in which we are created has nothing whatsoever to do with our physical bodies, since as the Scriptures indicate "God is spirit" (that is, immaterial) by nature. See my linked reference in Post #1198.

Pierac

Bs'd

My Savior is the one and only true God J-H-W-H who is one:

Isaiah 43:3: "For I am Y-H-W-H thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy saviour."

Isaiah 43:10-11: "Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me, even I, I am Y-H-W-H, and beside Me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 45:21-22: "... I Y-H-W-H, and there is no God else beside Me, a just God and a saviour, there is no saviour beside Me. Look unto Me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God and there is none else."

Hosea 13:4: "Yet I am Y-H-W-H thy God, and thou shall know no God but Me, for there is no saviour beside Me."

Really?

I'm guessing Saviors can forgive sin too! After all... anyone who's sins have been forgiven has been saved from their sin... correct? :think:

Mat 9:6 "But so that you may know that
the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins​
"--
then He said to the paralytic, "Get up, pick up your bed and go home."

Who else can forgive sin???

John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 " If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

Jesus never forgave sins before He was anointed with God's Spirit. And now the Apostles have the ability to forgive sins, once again only after Jesus gave them the Holy Spirit. The Apostles are now Agents of Jesus the Christ and "have authority on earth to forgive sins". How? Because as the Father has sent Me, I also send you

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Just like John 20:23... ;)

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Aimiel

The imago dei ("image of God") in which we are created has nothing whatsoever to do with our physical bodies, since as the Scriptures indicate "God is spirit" (that is, immaterial) by nature.
Actually, Jesus IS Spirit AND Flesh. He appeared among the Apostles after they had closed and locked the door and He also ate fish with them. He is Whatever He needs to be whenever He needs to be. Time, distance, spirit, flesh... all these things are His creation. He wears whatever He likes and does whatever He likes. Thinking you have Him in a box is what the Jews have used to preclude Christ from their understanding of God. They say that God CANNOT be a Man and so Christ cannot be God. You need to have an open mind when it comes to understanding God, especially because we cannot see Him yet. Think of God as more than your mind can comprehend, since you have a finite number of brain cells and He is Infinite. When we have glorified bodies we shall spend the ages to come just exploring the riches of His Grace towards us in this life. We shall never come to an end of finding out about His Love and His Glory. There is no end to learning more and more about Him every single day.

People think of Spirit as this 'wispy' ghost-like thing that one cannot see or touch. It is true that we cannot see or touch Spirit, but one day we will. Spirit is MORE real than flesh. More mind, more emotion, more thought, more color, more experience of everything; including space and time. Spirit is invisible to us because we are low and operate below the speed of light. Spirit operates beyond the speed of light, yet has even more substance than flesh. It doesn't fit in the head because we have a fallen nature. Think of your flesh as the one that is short-changed (by Adam's and your own sin) and spirit as more than flesh. Christ is Spirit AND Flesh. He is complete.

Aimiel

What gives Jesus away that he did not die at the crucifixion...
Actually, He did. Many witnesses to that event. The soldier pierced His Side and serum and blood came out: once the heart stops beating, the blood and serum separate. He had been dead for a while before His Side was stabbed. If He did not die, then He is a liar and we have NO HOPE. He did die, He never lied and our hope is eternal!!! :thumb:

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
Are you trying to hide from John 17:5?

We know what Jesus was from Hebrew 2:9

Hebrew 2: 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

RevTestament

The imago dei ("image of God") in which we are created has nothing whatsoever to do with our physical bodies, since as the Scriptures indicate "God is spirit" (that is, immaterial) by nature. See my linked reference in Post #1198.

I guess that's why Catholics call the bishop of Rome "holy father?" Because they believe our Holy Father is Holy Spirit?

Cruciform

I guess that's why Catholics call the bishop of Rome "holy father?" Because they believe the Father is Holy Spirit?
We refer to the Pope as "Holy Father" because he is both "holy" ("set apart for divine use") and a spiritual "father" in the same sense in which Paul used the term of himself.

RevTestament

We refer to the Pope as "Holy Father" because he is both "holy" ("set apart for divine use") and a spiritual "father" in the same sense in which Paul used the term of himself.

I am being a bit facetious. Nevertheless. if you read in the next chapter you'll see Jesus referred to the shape of the Father - that no man had seen Him. So if Jesus is spirit and is God, you cannot scripturally conclude that the Father does not have a body like Jesus.

keypurr

Are you trying to hide from John 17:5?

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Read it again GT, see what it is saying.

RevTestament

I will we saved by the grace of God, if he so chooses.
I have faith that I will be saved when judgement day comes.

I believe you to be a good, law-abiding man Keypurr, and I have faith that Jesus will save you. I just hope to see you in the next resurrection...