BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are three "Urantian" followers on TOL! Freelight,
Caino (newly banned) and Zeke! Freelight has the
biggest vocabulary! Caino, seems less educated, and
last but not least; Zeke! Zeke seems even less
educated than, both Freelight, and Caino!

Freelight has a huge vocabulary. However, mostly it
amounts to, so much gibberish if you break it down!
He/She talks a lot of "New-Age Spiritualism" mixed
with a generous supply of Gnostic false doctrine, and
a hint of Science Fiction, UFO, little green men, slop!

What these three, pontificate is; similar to the swill
Ron L. Hubbard, of Scientology fame presented! Utter
nonsense filtered to look like a plausible alternative to
logic, and reason! Freelight admonishes those who
disagree with him/her to read the Urantia Book in
its totality, in order for them to be able to discuss
the subject, in length!

Caino has pasted up copious amounts of the Urantia
book on his thread that deals with the fictional writings
of some form of Cosmic beings, of sort! He got banned
today for trying to solicit funds in order to finance the
Urantia book, being translated into Hebrew! He didn't
ask permission first, and therefore, got himself banned!

I suppose next these three will try to have the Urantia
fabrication, translated into, Martian! They'll most likely
want to hold a telethon from another Galaxy? Perhaps,
offer free, UFO rides for the kiddies?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Corrections/clarifications about the Urantia Book

Corrections/clarifications about the Urantia Book

~*~*~

Hello all,

Much of GM's criticism against the Urantia Papers are built on misinformation, exaggeration and presumption. This has been properly addressed many times on the thread concerned.

First of all, the Urantia Papers have NOTHING to do with UFOs or aliens as typified by his term 'little green men', but is a collection of papers expounding a new and expanded cosmology building upon the religious, scientific and philosophical concepts (knowledge-base) of the era it was written in (early 20th century). Its authors or 'interpreters' identify themselves as various celestial personalities (angelics) and NOT 'aliens' as usually typified in the minds of pop-culture.

Ufology is a separate field of study itself. It is only because the UB expands on a greater revelation of God, the cosmos, angelic orders and sentient life on other planets thru-out the Universe of universes, that some have labeled it 'The Alien Bible'. Such is a misnomer. Other aspects of the teaching concerning angelic help with the 'seeding' of life, biologic enhancement of species, may correlate with some theories associated with 'alien' visitation to our planet, but the UB as a whole gives no info. on UFO's or 'aliens' as they've been defined by current day modern pop-culture and some modern day 'ET-contactee' scenarios. (nothing about computerized technology or material space-crafts,..it is primarily a religious/philosophical/cosmological revelation). It does give wonderful descriptions of various angelic orders (sons of God) and cosmic beings who assist in creation as well as descriptions of life on other planets.

See:

The Truth on UFO connections

Truth be told

~*~*~

As far as the UB's comparison with traditional-orthodox Christian theology, Meredith J Sprunger, a leading pioneer of sharing the UB within the greater network of Christian community has some wonderful introductory articles for those interested in more information -

Intro. to the UB

An Introduction to The Urantia Book
for Conservative Christians

Urantia Book Differences From
Traditional Christian Beliefs

More intro. articles

~*~*~

The Urantia Papers are NOT a particularized religion or cult, but an exposition or synthesis of truth given in the 20th century to extend into the centuries ahead as long as such information is of value to religionists concerning spiritual progress, global enlightenment and the sharing of the gospel of Jesus, whose glad tidings rest on the fundamental truth of the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of Man. See: Kingdom of heaven.

Again the 'content' of any religious writing is key, no matter what mythology, terms, language or contextual over-lays the information is shared thru, being a 'vehicle' to carry the knowledge along, is what we are to consider.....the ethics, morals, concepts, principles and how they relate within the greater whole, within their own frame-work.

There is only one charter-thread on the UB here on the forum, 'The Late Great Urantia Revelation' (currently allowed). It is 'appropriate' in the 'Religion' section on TOL, especially since it presents a fully detailed and comprehensive commentary on the subject of 'Religion' itself, and how all other fields of 'science' relate therein. See Here. Such an epochal work allows for a stimulating dialogue of religious issues and concepts, hence its purpose. - hence my serving as an expositor or expounder of some of its concepts within a greater synthesis of various religious schools and traditions. Such is an adventure in 'creative dialogue', an endeavor to expand our religious aspirations and horizons, as well as expand cosmic consciousness.

Last edited:

journey

The little green men who wrote the urantia book spent a lot of time stealing ideas from the Holy Bible. They of course twisted things pretty badly and made a mess of it. There's nothing scholarly about the urantia book, and it does represent a false religion/cult. It certainly doesn't belong on a Christian forum for seekers and babes in Christ to be confused with it. One might actually think that the administrators of the forum agree with the urantia book, but that is not the case. So, why is it here? I don't have an answer for that one.

The urantia book currently resides on 284 pages of this forum, and it represents promotion of a false religion. I understand there is a current need to prune some threads so that the system on TOL functions better. My vote would be to cut the urantia book first and never allow it again.

Reactions: Lon

JosephR

The little green men who wrote the urantia book spent a lot of time stealing ideas from the Holy Bible. They of course twisted things pretty badly and made a mess of it. There's nothing scholarly about the urantia book, and it does represent a false religion/cult. It certainly doesn't belong on a Christian forum for seekers and babes in Christ to be confused with it. One might actually think that the administrators of the forum agree with the urantia book, but that is not the case. So, why is it here? I don't have an answer for that one.

The urantia book currently resides on 284 pages of this forum, and it represents promotion of a false religion. I understand there is a current need to prune some threads so that the system on TOL functions better. My vote would be to cut the urantia book first and never allow it again.

I think if God is to be found He can be found under a rock, so to think a child of God could be mislead or lied to about truth when they are in contact with the Almighty doesn't seem possible or logical.

And if you try and ban or bring attention to ANY religion that isn't yours seems like you have a personal or egotistical problem with that certain religious affiliation and that is not usually how the will of God works, thru the will of or wants of man.

And there are more serious and actually harmful religions out there that should be addressed, I have read some of the UB papers and they seem harmless.. No suicide missions for comets or you get to inhabit a planet later with a false prophet... Mostly just added history and understanding of.

Posted from the TOL App!

journey

I think if God is to be found He can be found under a rock, so to think a child of God could be mislead or lied to about truth when they are in contact with the Almighty doesn't seem possible or logical.

And if you try and ban or bring attention to ANY religion that isn't yours seems like you have a personal or egotistical problem with that certain religious affiliation and that is not usually how the will of God works, thru the will of or wants of man.

And there are more serious and actually harmful religions out there that should be addressed, I have read some of the UB papers and they seem harmless.. No suicide missions for comets or you get to inhabit a planet later with a false prophet... Mostly just added history and understanding of.

Posted from the TOL App!

What the urantia book didn't steal from the Holy Bible is fabricated and false. This is a Christian forum, and there is no obligation to give false religions equal time and space here. I might add that space is currently a problem here, requiring a pruning of threads. So, why have a false religion take up needed space here?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Religious subjects are appropriate......

Religious subjects are appropriate......

The little green men who wrote the urantia book spent a lot of time stealing ideas from the Holy Bible. They of course twisted things pretty badly and made a mess of it.

Little green men exist only in your imagination. The revelators freely drew from the amassed archive of human knowledge at that time, that would naturally include the Bible, since it is a primary book where ideas/doctrines about God, creation, the ministry of Jesus are contained. More information is given in the papers.

There's nothing scholarly about the urantia book, and it does represent a false religion/cult.

Prove your assertion about the scholarly part. Prove its a false religion or cult. It is not. Its a collection of papers containing information/revelation of epochal significance for this and the coming age. At least know what you are 'criticizing' before making false assumptions.

It certainly doesn't belong on a Christian forum for seekers and babes in Christ to be confused with it.

Its deserves its own thread to be discussed, because of the very nature and extension of its religious knowledge. Your 'concern' for 'babes in Christ' is misplaced, based upon a preconception that a person with a searching intellect and ability to freely investigate things for himself, might be subject to 'deception',...when the very practice of 'asking, seeking and knocking' is encouraged by Jesus. In such a case, any truly honest and sincere seeker, will be given 'truth' according to the genuineness of his inquiries and receptivity to truth itself, no matter where that 'truth' may be found.

One might actually think that the administrators of the forum agree with the urantia book, but that is not the case.

This is ridiculous. That the administration are openly biased as being 'Christian' (as traditionally/orthodoxically defined, at least in fundamentals) in their theology and orientation, is apparent. All religious traditions, cultures and schools of our beloved planet are acceptable and appropriate to be discussed in the Religion section. There is an ECT (exclusively Christian Theology) for that specific category....if you want to indulge yourself in 'exclusivity'.

So, why is it here? I don't have an answer for that one.

Again, any religious subject or topic, or thread about any religious tradition or school of thought is appropriate to be discussed in the Religion section.

The urantia book currently resides on 284 pages of this forum, and it represents promotion of a false religion.

That's a comparatively small % compared to many other subjects that are not 'Christian' in particular, besides other doctrinal perspectives that challenge and contest the doctrinal perspectives or beliefs of those in administration here. Did you forget this was a 'discussion' forum?

I understand there is a current need to prune some threads so that the system on TOL functions better. My vote would be to cut the urantia book first and never allow it again.

Considering the points I've already brought to the fore, I dont see any evidence or reason for supporting your personal 'vote'.

pj

Quincy

Posted from the TOL App!

Nice post! I think it comes down to a simple analogy. Some people like simple, black and white television while others enjoy large, flat-screen monitors with millions of colors.

They both still enjoy their entertainment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The revelators freely drew from the amassed archive of human knowledge at that time, that would naturally include the Bible, since it is a primary book where ideas/doctrines about God, creation, the ministry of Jesus are contained. More information is given in the papers.

The "Revelaters?" You mean the, "Little Green Men" long ago in
a Galaxy far, far away, correct?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I'll second that!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
L. Ron Hubbard would be proud of the Urantia adherents! They're
right up his alley! Beings from other planets, and the materialization
of the Urantia book itself! Urantians must be related somehow to
L. Rons Cosmic characters! They must be!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hey thanks, a second Urantia Book thread. I guess we can quote the book that people have not read but they hate?

Jesus of the UB:

(1731.1) 155:6.3 I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make — the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own personal experience. And so may you pass from death to life, from the authority of tradition to the experience of knowing God; thus will you pass from darkness to light, from a racial faith inherited to a personal faith achieved by actual experience; and thereby will you progress from a theology of mind handed down by your ancestors to a true religion of spirit which shall be built up in your souls as an eternal endowment.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1731.2) 155:6.4 "Your religion shall change from the mere intellectual belief in traditional authority to the actual experience of that living faith which is able to grasp the reality of God and all that relates to the divine spirit of the Father. The religion of the mind ties you hopelessly to the past; the religion of the spirit consists in progressive revelation and ever beckons you on toward higher and holier achievements in spiritual ideals and eternal realities".

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This section could apply to sincere Christians having to swallow some of the outrageous accusations made about our heavenly Father in the OT and even the BOR like aborting the whole entire world in a ridiculous flood story, telling people to kill men, women and children or taking the children for sex.

1731.3) 155:6.5 "While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty. My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge — perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?"

Moses' Mass Murder

"Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.... Numbers 31:16-18

Caino

BANNED
Banned
More raping and killing in the UFO bible with it's aliens having sex with the daughters of men:

Raping And Killing

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)

Did the Nephilim have tin hats?????

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Now gosh, does this sound like a loving God or a demon????

"And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Really sick stuff!!!!!! You would never find such an obviously man made idea in the UB!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Now gosh, does this sound like a loving God or a demon????

"And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Really sick stuff!!!!!! You would never find such an obviously man made idea in the UB!

The problem is, what happened in the Old Testament, was the
will of God the Father! On the other hand, what happens in the
urantia book is, purely fiction! So, by you 'blaspheming' the
will of God, is inexcusable! Who are any of us, that we can
question the creator of ALL?