Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Wow. What a thread.

"I'm a Christian!" "No, I'm a Christian!" "No, I'm a Christian!" "No, I'm a Christian!"

"Your works stink" "Your works stink worse" "Your works stink worse" "Your works stink worse"

Seriously folks?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Wow. What a thread.

"I'm a Christian!" "No, I'm a Christian!" "No, I'm a Christian!" "No, I'm a Christian!"

"Your works stink" "Your works stink worse" "Your works stink worse" "Your works stink worse"

Seriously folks?

As usual, you don't like talk about Jesus' word. How typical. This is what I am talking about. Isn't that you always talk about too?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Wow. What a thread.

Seriously folks?

still, it's 60% of the way toward achieving mega-relevancy :banana:

and i keep hoping whatshisname will come back and tell us how i hurt him

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
oh yes, i just wanted to mention that i am a saved Christian and am quite comfortable telling those who reject God that they're heading for Hell :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Wow. What a thread.

Seriously folks?

We don't talk about our works, it isn't because we haven't any, it is because we believe we are saved by pure mercy by Jesu's work, the cross.

We do not speak about fruit, it isn't because we haven't any, it is because we believe fruits are the fruits of the Holy Spirit abiding in us.

So when we read that in order to be saved we must have works and fruits we are inclined to say that those kind of works stink and those kind of fruit are rotten.

The quarrel between Cain and Abel was not about whether we should bring an offering but it was about what offering we should bring.

It was a very serious quarrel, the spirit in Cain rose up to murder Abel so it is a very serious debate.

Cain brought his works, his fruit, the offering of hard work on the ground. His offering was rotting even as he offered it.

Abel brought his lamb and slew it. The cross.

This is the same debate that is being played out here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We don't talk about our works, it isn't because we haven't any, it is because we believe we are saved by pure mercy by Jesu's work, the cross.

We do not speak about fruit, it isn't because we haven't any, it is because we believe fruits are the fruits of the Holy Spirit abiding in us.

So when we read that in order to be saved we must have works and fruits we are inclined to say that those kind of works stink and those kind of fruit are rotten.

The quarrel between Cain and Abel was not about whether we should bring an offering but it was about what offering we should bring.

It was a very serious quarrel, the spirit in Cain rose up to murder Abel so it is a very serious debate.

Cain brought his works, his fruit, the offering of hard work on the ground. His offering was rotting even as he offered it.

Abel brought his lamb and slew it. The cross.

This is the same debate that is being played out here.

Excellent post!!

IMJerusha

When we are born again we don't need to be shown that it did not come from works, it comes from faith which is a gift.

If it did not come because we were good and obedient, how do you think that work and obeying the law can keep it?

They that hath Christ hath LIFE they that do not have Christ hath not life.

Long as I got His life I won't be looking to you for instructions.

Mercy and Grace have been lavished on us and you still want to be disobedient? Where is the appreciation for Yeshua's sacrifice on the Cross? We don't have life unless we remain in Yeshua and the precise reason is because He overcame, we didn't. We can choose to stay on the narrow road or we can choose the broad road. Obedience is for the love of God and Yeshua, not for ourselves. It is by faith that we obey through the leading of the Ruach. John 14:23-26. Those who don't want to be obedient to God's and Yeshua's commands don't love them and that's straight from Yeshua's mouth.

1 John 5:1-5 -- "Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."

So there is a necessity to both believe and obey. And this is reiterated in Revelation 14:12 as well as Revelation 22:14.

glorydaz

Mercy and Grace have been lavished on us and you still want to be disobedient?

I can't believe you ignorant people. She said NOTHING about wanting to be disobedient. You are exactly like every other worker on the face of this earth. Boasting in your own obedience and seeing disobedience in those of us who live by faith. Stop spreading your lies and get saved, hypocrite. :down:

IMJerusha

I can't believe you ignorant people. She said NOTHING about wanting to be disobedient. You are exactly like every other worker on the face of this earth. Boasting in your own obedience and seeing disobedience in those of us who live by faith. Stop spreading your lies and get saved, hypocrite. :down:

Those who boast in Yeshua are obedient to Yeshua. If we live by faith, we are obedient and claiming that obedience is wrong claims that the leading of the Ruach is wrong, which it isn't and can never be. If I'm lying then so is Yeshua and Ruach HaKodesh and we both know They don't so go call someone else a hypocrite.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Gdaz short quoted the verse. I merely replied to that. But while we're about discussing John 3:16 etc. why don't we pay close attention to the etc...the verses attached? That which is underlined is so pertinent to Yeshua's requirement for obedience.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Wow! You even underline it and miss it...unbelievable. Hint: "what He has done"

It's not about your obedience, it is about His obedience....

they belong to the Father who sent me[/U]." It's not rocket science, Brother. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one!)

I will and I will refuse to live by the law which is fulfilled and gone for those that place faith in the One that was able to fulfill it...you certainly cannot. It seems you rely in your own obedience and not the obedience of Yeshua which is our all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.