things are different now...for me

clefty

Who would believe that? It would be easier to trick people into believing that the earth is only six thousand years old and that photons do not have a finite speed.

um the bible "tricks" believers into thinking the world is only 6000 years old...

what does it tell you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
what does it tell you?

It tells me you haven't thought it through.

Proxima Centauri is the closest star to the earth at about 4.2 lightyears from earth.

The universe is immense and it is expanding.

JosephR

um the bible "tricks" believers into thinking the world is only 6000 years old...

what does it tell you?

this is no trick...this is oral tradition and history, do you expect a spoken History to go back to the expansion or past the first human?

however what you mean is MEN seek to trick you ,,, YES,, BY GOD YES,,they do...

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Greetings! brand new here where do I start to look around?

I believe...

1. his name is not jesus or Christ

yahusha is closer to the true name which includes his father yah

yah saves at the time of Yahusha

el i yah = god is yah

el i sha = god is salvation

do you see the two prophets?

yah sha is salvation

2. Sabbath remains but not on sunday

another deception made by the early anti-Semitic church

as if paul would have believers worship on Caesar's day...

3. and the jews lie too...sundown to sundown is false as the first day's night could not be separated from the previous eternal darkness..."from evening" refers to end of daylight..."to morn" which is end of night...

there are three...more to come...ha

will look around the site and hope to find "like minded"

maybe 2 or 3 who gather in his name...
I hope you will discover that these "deceptions" and "false" doctrines are merely the result of changes in a tiny faith 2000 years ago in the Middle East that became modern Christendom.

All ideas change as new people come on board and the usual philosophers and scribes start writing down what "really" happened, even though they all have different conjectures and faith journeys.

All human endeavors change. The irony is many things eventually change into their exact opposite. Early Christianity was a nonviolent faith whose members kept all things in common. Now it has become part of an empire much more vast and horrific than anyone could have guessed back then: the American Empire.

That's why religions go through necessary revivals and reformations. Faith always has to get back to the basics.

Change is uprooting and dislocating. But we in the present time have to make a peace with that and do what we can.

clefty

It tells me you haven't thought it through.
what? the bible tells you that?

Proxima Centauri is the closest star to the earth at about 4.2 lightyears from earth.

The universe is immense and it is expanding.

created that way in six days...and according to the bible about 6000 years ago...

maybe it was created to look that old as a test to your faith

or maybe satan is falsifying the data as easily as snakes crawled on pharaoh's floor

or both

until I hear if from the creator himself I'll just go with what He already told us...

still don't know what your intention with all this is...

there was darkness earth was without form void with undivided waters

"tohu vavohu

Passuk Bereishis 1:2 - תהו ובהו

bewilderment and void

Some translate it unformed and empty. Unformed can mean without form.

This term cannot really be understood by us; We live in a 3 dimensional physical universe, and tohu vavohu is what preceded the creation of our universe, and does not exist within our universe."

http://chinuchathome.info/index.php...ics-implications-of-grammar-in-Bereishis.html

please understand there was existence we in this dimension and in our falling state will never understand...

in our fallen state we are prone to idolatry and searching for meaning/data or origins is a condition resulting from the curse...we are finite blinded to our infiniteness...and the true understanding of the world (s) around us

in this cursed state is like looking through a smashed telescope...

good luck

clefty

this is no trick...
I was being sarcastic...

Jamie was saying something about tricks

this is oral tradition and history, do you expect a spoken History to go back to the expansion or past the first human?

in a sense yes...it was after all narrated to moses by god himself no?

faith demands that the scriptures were created by inspiration alone inspiration from beyond the first human

however what you mean is MEN seek to trick you ,,, YES,, BY GOD YES,,they do...

indeed... man does trick himself and others...

because there was no human witness to the first day of creation Christians are prone to allow for evolution....

or otherwise rejecting the six day creation narrative

http://ndsmcobserver.com/2014/03/notre-dame-award-2014-laetare-medal-biologist-kenneth-r-miller/

clefty

I hope you will discover that these "deceptions" and "false" doctrines are merely the result of changes in a tiny faith 2000 years ago in the Middle East that became modern Christendom.

yes I have discovered...

yes before it was ChristendomTM it was a group know as followers of the Way...

Acts 9:2, 22:4, 24:14

All ideas change as new people come on board and the usual philosophers and scribes start writing down what "really" happened, even though they all have different conjectures and faith journeys.

I find that it is was more about ill intent and attempts to counterfeit and hijack than mere different faith journeys...

All human endeavors change. The irony is many things eventually change into their exact opposite. Early Christianity was a nonviolent faith whose members kept all things in common. Now it has become part of an empire much more vast and horrific than anyone could have guessed back then: the American Empire.

That's why religions go through necessary revivals and reformations. Faith always has to get back to the basics.

Change is uprooting and dislocating. But we in the present time have to make a peace with that and do what we can.

yes... nice... good...and by "do what we can" you mean?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And God said, "Let there be light" and there was light. And God saw the light that it was good and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5)​

This was on day one. What was the source of the light that God called day?

On day four God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years." (Genesis 1:14)

This does not say that God created the lights in the heaven on day four, it says that on day four God designated these lights to be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.

From day one the sun, the moon and the distant stars in heaven were visible from the earth.

The information in Genesis 1 needs to be kept in context with the rest of scripture and not isolated from it.

clefty

And God said, "Let there be light" and there was light. And God saw the light that it was good and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5)​

This was on day one. What was the source of the light that God called day?
doesn't specify there but elsewhere we understand that Yah is light...

or did John bear witness of the sun?

Lucifer means light bearer

On day four God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years." (Genesis 1:14)

This does not say that God created the lights in the heaven on day four, it says that on day four God designated these lights to be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.

It says "let there be lights" it does not say let the lights in the firmament be to divide the day from night...

Gen 1:16 And Elohim made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; He made the kokhavim (stars) also.

17 And Elohim set them in the raki’a of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

here on day FOUR we see he made them...gave them jobs...and set them at their posts...

From day one the sun, the moon and the distant stars in heaven were visible from the earth.

maybe not even from day four

that vault that divides the waters on day 2...some water is under it some above it...

there is a theory that there was a ring of water which circled the world thus making a greenhouse with no actual rain...this ring of water collapsed at the time of Noah and the waters beneath and the waters above covered the world again...

well anyway, the theory is that this band of water understandably prevented clear a view of stars suns but this light was evenly diffused

yes, a theory but interesting

and would prevent a clear view of the lights created employed and set in place on day four

The information in Genesis 1 needs to be kept in context with the rest of scripture and not isolated from it.

um yes...and actually the rest of the scripture is kept in context to IT

Sabbath alone is a memorial to it...and the coming promise of eternal rest as He did after His creative work...

prophets apostles all affirm and rely on it...

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven, and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist (Colossians 1:16-17).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
doesn't specify there but elsewhere we understand that Yah is light...

And God called the light Day. (Genesis 1:5)​

Day and Yah are two different words. Christ is a spiritual light, but "day" is produced by physical light.

In the NT Christ is never referred to as day nor daytime nor daylight. And as far as I know he was never mooned.

clefty

And God called the light Day. (Genesis 1:5)​

Day and Yah are two different words.
and how often in scripture do we read of His light? the burning bush, moses glowing, the top of mount Sinai on fire, the cloud of fire leading Israel etc

Christ is a spiritual light,
He kept it under wraps

imagine if He didn't... look what happens when merely an angel appears

Matt 28:3And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.

but "day" is produced by physical light.
but not on days 1 2 3

see? the sun for daylight is actually a secondary source of light and will be replaced again

in revelations there will actually be no need for sun or moon but by the Glory we will be in light

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. rev. 21:23

verse 25 says there is even no night...

and again in chap 22:5

oh hey and here's more

Isaiah 30:26
The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

Isaiah 60:19
The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.

Zechariah 14:7
It will be a unique day--a day known only to the LORD--with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.

In the NT Christ is never referred to as day nor daytime nor daylight.
and yet some followers worship Him on the day of the SUN...

And as far as I know he was never mooned.

just what is your intent here with this?...with all this? any of this?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
and how often in scripture do we read of His light? the burning bush...

Well, there's the answer. The light on day one was from a burning bush. And here I thought it might be from a candle in the wind.

IMJerusha

Greetings! brand new here where do I start to look around?

I believe...

1. his name is not jesus or Christ

yahusha is closer to the true name which includes his father yah

yah saves at the time of Yahusha

el i yah = god is yah

el i sha = god is salvation

do you see the two prophets?

yah sha is salvation

2. Sabbath remains but not on sunday

another deception made by the early anti-Semitic church

as if paul would have believers worship on Caesar's day...

3. and the jews lie too...sundown to sundown is false as the first day's night could not be separated from the previous eternal darkness..."from evening" refers to end of daylight..."to morn" which is end of night...

there are three...more to come...ha

will look around the site and hope to find "like minded"

maybe 2 or 3 who gather in his name...

Welcome to TOL! :wave:

IMJerusha

Malachi 3:6-7 " 'For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed. From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,' says the LORD of hosts."

clefty

Welcome to TOL! :wave:

thanks...

as you saw, I was told you might stop by...

I too, am curious as to why your reputation precedes you...

I mean, besides the obvious you mentioned...

I do note however, you list yourself as messianic jew, that might be it...

thanks for stopping by and the welcome

IMJerusha

thanks...

as you saw, I was told you might stop by...

I too, am curious as to why your reputation precedes you...

I mean, besides the obvious you mentioned...

I do note however, you list yourself as messianic jew, that might be it...

thanks for stopping by and the welcome

I should explain that Resurrected can be very...hmm...random, at times. So there may be absolutely no reason for his comment other than to just be...random. As to my being Messianic Jew, I am not. I am Messianic Gentile (to the best of my knowledge) but the question posed by Knight (the owner here at TOL) upon registering is what our religious affiliation is. He did not provide the choice "Messianic Judaism" but listed it as Messianic Jew. I'm not upset with him about this so please don't get that impression. It does, however, create opportunity for confusion and/or question which I don't mind clarifying for folks. I hope you enjoy your time here at TOL. There are a lot of great people here.

clefty

As to my being Messianic Jew, I am not. I am Messianic Gentile (to the best of my knowledge) but the question posed by Knight (the owner here at TOL) upon registering is what our religious affiliation is. He did not provide the choice "Messianic Judaism" but listed it as Messianic Jew. I'm not upset with him about this so please don't get that impression. It does, however, create opportunity for confusion and/or question which I don't mind clarifying for folks.

I would be interested in hearing about this "Messianic Judaism" of yours and to what extent it impacts your life.

The relationship between ChristianityTM and jews is stormy.

ChristianityTM moved away from Judiasm in attempts to appeal to gentiles interested in maintaining their own traditions.

Jews too, grew tired of gentiles crowding their synagogues as in Acts... lol

and now keeping Sabbath is Judaizing.

The early believers were known as followers of "the Way"

and they were jews who believed in the risen messiah and then came the gentile converts...

and all the changes from judiasm to ChristianityTM.

The roman church maintains the OT remains valid but it claims it has authority to make changes. Protestants claim the OT is fulfilled no longer valid or applicable.

These teachings separate ChristiansTM from Jews.

But the separation is not just over Sabbath and ham on Easter.

Its about the money.

Usury.

Usury was forbidden against brothers, debts were to be forgiven every 49 years, and no slavery.

The early roman church prohibited usury but as with its other idols it finally embraced it.

But for centuries the Vatican gave the "christkiller" jews the job of handling the "evil" money and then merely taxed the jews for "protection monies".

This racket provided vast treasure and power.

Look at the world now...in debt, enslaved, and who has the temporal powers?

But scripture is sure.

As Yahusha taught and Paul affirmed, we are merely branches grafted into the trunk and root of the original.

The promise made to physical Israel (now destroyed) is, because of Yahusha, given to ANY (gentiles) who believe and obey.

These gentiles are then brothers with Jews, sons of Abraham and his Living God- the true spiritual Israel.

And the Torah laws and prohibitions remain valid.

I, because of Yahusha, am no longer under the law but stand on it, it is my foundation. I am a free man saved and should not be charged interest and have my debts forgiven every 49 years.

But alas ChristianTM and jews deceive and are deceived.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

I hope you enjoy your time here at TOL. There are a lot of great people here.

thank you and for your time...