toldailytopic: Weinergate. Representative Anthony Weiner is resigning what are your t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 16th, 2011 09:04 AM

toldailytopic: Weinergate. Representative Anthony Weiner is resigning what are your thoughts on this entire ordeal?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Good riddance. He's a disgrace. If he had any shame or dignity he would've done this a while ago.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My thoughts on Weiner: If brains were leather, he couldn't saddle a bug. :BillyBob:

Last edited by a moderator:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's a great variation on the old Nixon quote to be had here, but I'm still too fond of my under one ban status. :plain:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I could use some salty quotes on him too that would be very descriptive, but I am too fond of my under one ban and under one warning status too.

some other dude

"I am not a crook" ??

nixon72.jpg

some other dude

Americans admire a people who can scratch a desert and produce a garden. The Israelis have shown qualities that Americans identify with: guts, patriotism, idealism, a passion for freedom. I have seen it. I know. I believe that.

Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.

By the time you get dressed, drive out there, play 18 holes and come home, you've blown seven hours. There are better things you can do with your time. (Why does this one remind me of Bammy?)

Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects.

Cracked

He has stepped down and probably should have done that a while ago. I feel sorry for him and I truly hope he gets his life's priorities in order.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
toldailytopic: Weinergate. Representative Anthony Weiner is resigning....

:IA: That's because those hypocritical republican meanies forced him into it....durned right-wing wacko's! :madmad:

President Obama said:
"I can tell you that if it was me, I would resign"

Well....maybe it's for the best he step down. :plain:

...what are your thoughts on this entire ordeal?

:) Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Americans admire a people who can scratch a desert and produce a garden. The Israelis have shown qualities that Americans identify with: guts, patriotism, idealism, a passion for freedom. I have seen it. I know. I believe that.

Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.

By the time you get dressed, drive out there, play 18 holes and come home, you've blown seven hours. There are better things you can do with your time. (Why does this one remind me of Bammy?)

Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects.

I always liked his "The sky is no longer the limit."

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He was roasted a long time ago by his own stupidity. He's now a bit overdone to have for dinner.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 16th, 2011 09:04 AM

toldailytopic: Weinergate. Representative Anthony Weiner is resigning what are your thoughts on this entire ordeal?

Weiner is a digrace to his office, constituents, family and himself , he does not have the character to occupy the office he holds. Good Riddance! He will not be missed... :wave:

Alate_One

There are plenty of politicians that have done worse than Weiner that are STILL in congress, from both parties. The furor over Weiner was overblown compared to that over other politicians. Anything to distract from the issues at hand.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
There are plenty of politicians that have done worse than Weiner that are STILL in congress, from both parties. The furor over Weiner was overblown compared to that over other politicians. Anything to distract from the issues at hand.

And they should be ousted too, no argument but, ya gotta start somewhere. Clean up government one dirtbag at a time...

Alate_One

And they should be ousted too, no argument but, ya gotta start somewhere. Clean up government one dirtbag at a time...
Meh I think it's a lot more about getting rid of a prominent democrat than it was about actually cleaning anything up. The guy sent dirty pictures. There wasn't even actual sex involved or money involved. Though he did do the stupidest thing of all which was lie about it. But really there's NO consistency.

Most Republicans didn't call for the ouster of the SC governor that lied about being with his Argentinian mistress! And he's still in office. . . . The media firestorm around that was about half what Weiner's was . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.