Hello everyone

Pollice Verso

I'm a Reformed Protestant with pretty firm Calvinist soteriology, but with strong Roman Catholic sympathies in many other ways. I currently attend a Baptist church because of my location, but am a member of a Presbyterian church (PCA).

Pollice Verso

Hi VP :wave2:

Welcome to TOL.

What do you base that on?

I believe the Bible orders public worship, and prescribes certain elements to be included in corporate worship. There can be a lot of variation in how this is accomplished, but the Catholics generally have it right. Your average Protestant "liturgy" - to the extent you can call it that - has no structure at all beyond what the pastor and congregation prefers. In other words, it is a man-made order, not a biblically based order.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe the Bible orders public worship, and prescribes certain elements to be included in corporate worship. There can be a lot of variation in how this is accomplished, but the Catholics generally have it right. Your average Protestant "liturgy" - to the extent you can call it that - has no structure at all beyond what the pastor and congregation prefers. In other words, it is a man-made order, not a biblically based order.
Thanks.
That sounds like just your own personal opinion.
Maybe some of your future posts here at this site will reveal some detail of how you arrive at that opinion.

We'll get to know each other better.
TOL is a great place to study the bible.