User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everyone Here is a Genius Until...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think if Egypt was crippled by a foreign god's plagues that Egypt's neighbors would have noted these events.

That I'm aware of nobody did.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean
    Wait, someone is arguing for a position and the I have do the research for them? That's kind of silly don't you think?
    Do the research for yourself, TB. If the Hyksos and the Hebrews were on in the same, don't you think you owe it to yourself to be well informed on the subject?

How can one refute an assertion without looking at the evidence. He hasn't posted any. Everyone pretty much agrees that Gilgamech predates Genesis, or more specifcally the story of Noah since Genesis has other stories in it. However because Gilgamesh predates The Noah narative, that doesn't "prove" Noah was a copy.
    TB, none of us can look at the evidence unless we're archaeologists. All we know is what we read and hear. And yes, I hear you, just because Gilgamesh was written before the biblical deluge story doesn't prove that Noah was a rip off. But the evidence is strong and it makes more sense than them being two completely different stories unrelated to each other.

Some points

1) There are similarites between the two stories yet they are many significant differences
    Of course, this makes sense. They were written in different periods of time and they were written in different cultures. The main thrust is similar enough to make a well based assumption that Noah was a retelling of the same story, only by a different author, at a different time, in a different place. Also, have you ever considered the possibility that instead of the entire planet being flooded, perhaps only the known world was flooded? One particular section. It would definitely take the burden of that embarrassing "Every animal on the planet" story off of your collective shoulders. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to keep toting the flood story as if it were literally true? Wouldn't that make your lives as christians a little easier?

2) What is the actual evidence that the author of Genesis actually copied Gilgamesh besides the "similarities"?
    I think the similarities are damning enough, besides, what evidence would someone who takes the story literally actually except?

I am actually doing my own research on this. I was showing strong evidence that the author is highly biased. It's so obvious a blind man can see this.
    If you're doing your own research, why have you been complaining? And no evidence needs be presented to demonstrate your strong bias, it speaks for itself, and in that sense you're no better than the author.

I'm always trying learning something. But I prefer to learn new things from people that actually know what they are talking about.
    So far this guy is just fine. I've been looking into the Hyksos and there's nothing in historical archaeology that disputes his claim that the Hyksos and the Hebrews were one in the same.

Again, what "evidence? Sources, please.
    I did post additional links, and I believe Justin hooked you up with some sources.

As for being a kook, I guess we'll see.
    The most important thing anyone can learn from 1st century greco-roman mystery cults is that complex religious systems can arise and develop without an historical founder.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no one has anything else to say?
    The most important thing anyone can learn from 1st century greco-roman mystery cults is that complex religious systems can arise and develop without an historical founder.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good example of this is the thread regarding "evolve.exe" in Bob Enyart Live forum. You'd think the thread had the plague. Yet another good example is any good refutation of Bob's arguments any time he talks about science. The thread goes dead silent. I guess it's just easier to pretend it's not there.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allsmiles
    Something comes along that no one can refute.
    Was this an original thought or were you quoting someone else?

"If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart." - C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general rule any thread started by one of the troublesome gadflies is usually ignored. Nothing unusual.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by On Fire
    Was this an original thought or were you quoting someone else?
    Just remember, On Fire: Ad Hominem != Refutation.
    Justin

My lance is tipped o the hammered flame,
    My shield is beat o the moonlight cold;
    And I won my spurs in the Middle World,
    A thousand fathom beneath the mould."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Fire, as always, a complete waste of time.

Thread Information