Reconciled to God while enemies !

beloved57

Your posts 120, 123 are not different from 124.

Here is my response to your post 124, which I have repeated once before.

"If you only understood what you wrote. If you believed exactly what you wrote, then you would be on the right track of understanding the atonement of Christ.

You make the same error with Rom 5:6-10. You insert a limitation upon the text that is not present.
Christ's reconciliation was for all sinners. Every single human being, including the world. Christ gave life to the world. Rom 5:18, I Cor 15:22.

Your view as you state it with its limitation, means that all other human beings are not sinners. What they might be is unknown, but we know they were NOT sinners. As in your view, ONLY sinners were reconciled to God.

But I know you will not even attempt to understand what I have stated.
You will use your ole fall back mantra and show your inability to actually comprehend an argument against your view."

And guess what, you have used your ole fall back mantra to avoid answering it. If you do not understand what I have stated, just ask an question of what you might not understand.

If you think I am incorrect, don't repeat the same statement, but give additional support to what you stated.
review with me the following posts and the points I made therein:

120,123,124 they go together. Lets see if you understand them !

Now are you going to do what i asked or not ?

beloved57

More on Reconciliation

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The world here in this scripture cannot possibly mean everyone without exception, or every individual without exception as the False teachers tell us , simply because this world is comprised of all individuals who do not have any sins imputed or charged to them ! Everyone in this world meets the criteria of being this Man Rom 4:8

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. And that equates to reconciliation according to 2 Cor 5:19;

But we know this blessing does not apply to all without exception, because by other scripture we are informed of those who do have their sins charged to them Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Which makes it impossible for any of those to be any of that World in 2 Cor 5:19, who had no sins charged or imputed to them, how is it therefore even remotely possible for them to die in their sins ? To be more clear on this matter, the reconciled world in 2 Cor 5:19 is a Saved World because its reconciled Rom 11:11-12,15

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

The reconciling of the world here in Vs 15 is the same as "Salvation is come to the Gentiles" in Vs 11 !

It actually means it [Salvation has come in the application of it] by the Spirit.

Reconciliation by Christ is Twofold, it Reconciled God to man and it reconciles man to God !

So the World in 2 Cor 5:19 is a Saved, reconciled world and 2 Cor 5:20 is a Call to Faith in the Truth of what has already occurred ! Faith cometh by Hearing the Word of Truth, and everyone who has been Reconciled to God, will hear the Truth of it, the Gospel of their Salvation !

So there is no way possible to equate the World in 2 Cor 5:19 with the Unbelievers and them who shall die in their sins Jn 8:24 !

Last edited:

beloved57

Receiving the atonement or reconciliation !

Receiving the atonement or reconciliation !

Rom 5:10-11

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Many today in organized apostate religion, ignorant are they to the Merits of Christ Saving / Atoning Death, but yet would tell us that they do believe in Christ's Saving, Atoning, Reconciling Death, but then will tell us that millions for whom Christ died, reconciled to God, will yet some how die in Unbelief and in their sins Jn 8:24 and spend eternity in separation from God, so much for Christ's Atoning Death wouldn't you say ?

This scripture is very informative, because it makes a declaration, and that is, those reconciled to God by the Death of His Son in the previous verse Rom 5:10 while they were being enemies, they also BY HIM, the prep DIA is used, receive the Reconciliation or Atonement !

The word atonement in the greek is the word katallagē :

I.
exchange
A.
of the business of money changers, exchanging equivalent values

II.
adjustment of a difference, reconciliation, restoration to favour

Its translated reconciliation

Now Christ causes them to receive it, He bestows it upon them, or He quickens them into an vital and living experience of it, its being saved by His Life.

You see, if Christ's death is an atoning death, it must atone both parties to one another. If His Death reconciled God to them, but yet left them unreconciled to God, then His Death was not an Atoning Death, if He only reconciled God to man, and neglected to reconcile man to God, what good is that ? Was His work perfect and complete ? No it would not have been, but He did also reconcile men to God, men who were enemies to Him in their mind by wicked works, He reconciled them to God Col 1:21-22

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Thats how they received it BY HIM, not by their freewill, but through Christ !

Nanja

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Many today in organized apostate religion, ignorant are they to the Merits of Christ Saving / Atoning Death, but yet would tell us that they do believe in Christ's Saving, Atoning, Reconciling Death, but then will tell us that millions for whom Christ died, reconciled to God, will yet some how die in Unbelief and in their sins Jn 8:24 and spend eternity in separation from God, so much for Christ's Atoning Death wouldn't you say ?

This scripture is very informative, because it makes a declaration, and that is, those reconciled to God by the Death of His Son in the previous verse Rom 5:10 while they were being enemies, they also BY HIM, the prep DIA is used, receive the Reconciliation or Atonement !

The word atonement in the greek is the word katallagē :

I.
exchange
A.
of the business of money changers, exchanging equivalent values

II.
adjustment of a difference, reconciliation, restoration to favour

Its translated reconciliation

Now Christ causes them to receive it, He bestows it upon them, or He quickens them into an vital and living experience of it, its being saved by His Life.

You see, if Christ's death is an atoning death, it must atone both parties to one another. If His Death reconciled God to them, but yet left them unreconciled to God, then His Death was not an Atoning Death, if He only reconciled God to man, and neglected to reconcile man to God, what good is that ? Was His work perfect and complete ? No it would not have been, but He did also reconcile men to God, men who were enemies to Him in their mind by wicked works, He reconciled them to God Col 1:21-22

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Thats how they received it BY HIM, not by their freewill, but through Christ !

LIE: Today's antichrist, apostate religions, that's most all churches and religious speakers,
teach that Christ died for all mankind.

TRUTH: Christ died only for His elect People, His Sheep. All 100% of them will be saved!
These are the ones chosen in Him before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 KJV;
the ones who were appointed unto salvation, it's guaranteed they will believe. Acts 13:48 KJV

All the rest will die in their sins, for their only saviour was their own freewill choice;
but they were deceived. 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV

~~~~~

beloved57

LIE: Today's antichrist, apostate religions, that's most all churches and religious speakers,
teach that Christ died for all mankind.

TRUTH: Christ died only for His elect People, His Sheep. All 100% of them will be saved!
These are the ones chosen in Him before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 KJV;
the ones who were appointed unto salvation, it's guaranteed they will believe. Acts 13:48 KJV

All the rest will die in their sins, for their only saviour was their own freewill choice;
but they were deceived. 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV

~~~~~

Amen. That Acts 13:48 passage and the word ordained to Eternal Life, its the greek word tassō and means:

I.to put in order, to station
A.
to place in a certain order, to arrange, to assign a place, to appoint

This has to do with the arrangements in the Everlasting Covenant, David wrote 2 Sam 23:5

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

That word ordered is the word `arak and means:

I.to arrange, set or put or lay in order, set in array, prepare, order, ordain, handle, furnish, esteem, equal, direct, compare

Remember David also said something about God shewing His Covenant to those that feared Him Ps 25:14

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Thats the Everlasting Covenant that was confirmed in Christ Gal 3:17

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

And Eternal Life comes from that Covenant ,a Promise to Christ and His Seed Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

That hope of Eternal Life is the same as that here Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

May the Lord bless you !

Nanja

Amen. That Acts 13:48 passage and the word ordained to Eternal Life, its the greek word tassō and means:

I.to put in order, to station
A.
to place in a certain order, to arrange, to assign a place, to appoint

This has to do with the arrangements in the Everlasting Covenant, David wrote 2 Sam 23:5

Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

That word ordered is the word `arak and means:

I.to arrange, set or put or lay in order, set in array, prepare, order, ordain, handle, furnish, esteem, equal, direct, compare

Remember David also said something about God shewing His Covenant to those that feared Him Ps 25:14

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Thats the Everlasting Covenant that was confirmed in Christ Gal 3:17

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

And Eternal Life comes from that Covenant ,a Promise to Christ and His Seed Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

That hope of Eternal Life is the same as that here Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

May the Lord bless you !

Amen to all you posted.

May our Lord bless you richly!

~~~~~

beloved57

Romans 5:10 Reconciled as Enemies !

Romans 5:10 Reconciled as Enemies !

Rom 5:10

Yes Paul is speaking as a Believer to other believers, but it is instructive as to what he writes accordingly, he writes that they were or had been reconciled to God, while they were enemies, unbelievers, by His Son's Death !

How can and are sinners, who by nature, and while being active enemies to God, hating Him and at enmity with Him in their minds by wicked works Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

How could they nevertheless have been at that time reconciled to a Holy God ?

The scripture tells us, it was by the Death of His Son, Rom 5:10, which means His Death alone, while they were being enemies, had legally removed their guilt before God's Law and Justice, their slate had been wiped clean,and except for that men, cannot be legally reconciled to God and be guilt and condemnation free !

Now this applies only to believers , when they were not yet believers !

All others, while unbelievers and enemies are yet condemned already Jn 3:18 and under God's wrath without hope of ever seeing life Jn 3:36 !

Rightglory

Yes Paul is speaking as a Believer to other believers, but it is instructive as to what he writes accordingly, he writes that they were or had been reconciled to God, while they were enemies, unbelievers, by His Son's Death !

How can and are sinners, who by nature, and while being active enemies to God, hating Him and at enmity with Him in their minds by wicked works Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

How could they nevertheless have been at that time reconciled to a Holy God ?

The scripture tells us, it was by the Death of His Son, Rom 5:10, which means His Death alone, while they were being enemies, had legally removed their guilt before God's Law and Justice, their slate had been wiped clean,and except for that men, cannot be legally reconciled to God and be guilt and condemnation free !

Now this applies only to believers , when they were not yet believers !

All others, while unbelievers and enemies are yet condemned already Jn 3:18 and under God's wrath without hope of ever seeing life Jn 3:36 !

You need to show from scripture, that ALL SINNERS was ONLY in reference to future believers.
If so, does this mean that all other peoples are NOT sinners and do not need to be reconciled to God?

Also, where does it say that the word, reconcile to God means "not guilty"? Either by scriptural definition or another text or context, or by dictionary, or better a biblical dictionary.

beloved57

rg

You need to show from scripture, that ALL SINNERS was ONLY in reference to future believers.

Ok, Now I am glad you responded. Please review the post with me, explain to me the logic I used in making the post, each point ! Post 147 !

Rightglory

Ok, Now I am glad you responded. Please review the post with me, explain to me the logic I used in making the post, each point ! Post 147 !

Obviously you again have the same problem, Cannot understand what someone else says, nor can support your own assertions.

I must simply assume you have no answers for my questions.

beloved57

Obviously you again have the same problem, Cannot understand what someone else says, nor can support your own assertions.

I must simply assume you have no answers for my questions.

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Reconciled unto blamelessness !

Reconciled unto blamelessness !

All for whom Christ died, by His death alone, even while they were enemies, unbelievers, by nature children of wrath, they even then were by His death reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we[believers] were enemies[unbelievers], we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now, being reconciled to God while enemies, they had the promise of being saved by His Life.

Also they have another promise to look forward to Col 1:21-22

22 In the body of his flesh through death[Rom 5:10], to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

All those Christ's death alone reconciled to God while they were enemies, they shall all be by that be presented Holy, and Unblameable, and unreprovable in His sight !

If this does not happen to all for whom He died, then His death was an utter failure !

beloved57

Those reconciled while enemies shall be saved by His life !

Those reconciled while enemies shall be saved by His life !

The antichrist folks attempt to distort this blessed Truth of this verse, however they shall be proven liars and inconsistent everytime. The Truths here are most gracious, and cannot be received by the natural mind of man, to give credence to 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This verse condemns all who falsely believes that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, the only way that could be true according to the Truth in this verse, one would have to become an Universalist, which is also a condemned belief !

Now heres how and why. Paul here is writing to believers, however he states of them, including himself, that even while they were enemies, unbelievers, they were reconciled to God by the death of His Son ! Now to be reconciled to God is to be saved from the penalty of your sins, and to be received into the favor of God. Its the word katallassō and means:

I.to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value
A.
to reconcile (those who are at variance)

B.
return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.
to receive one into favour

They are not now in a condemned state before God, but yet they are still enemies !

Now, what is said / promised of those who are reconciled while yet being enemies according to this verse : Notice Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled [while enemies], we shall be saved by his life.

Understand, those already reconciled while being enemies, much more being reconciled, the Promise to them is that they shall be saved by His Life !

There it is, if Christ died for all without exception, and they were reconciled, then the promise of scripture is that they shall be [ A Divine Promise] saved by His Life !

Now, does the bible teach anywhere that all without exception shall be saved by Christ's Life ? The answer is absolutely no !

beloved57

Those reconciled while enemies shall be saved by His life ! 2

Now what exactly is that which they shall be saved from if they are already, by being reconciled, saved from the penalty of their sins ? They shall be saved by His Life from being enemies, for remember they are already saved from the penalty of their sins by Christ's death, but still remaining enemies , this they shall be saved from as well. Here is a verse of scripture that is instructive here Lk 1:71-74

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

As unbelievers and enemies we are being held bondage to the enemy of our soul the devil, for it is he that holds us in unbelief the prison, so that we may not believe and be saved as Per Lk 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Yes, the devil is the Strong man that binds us in a state of nature, thats why it is written Matt 12:29

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

This means that by nature we are the devils goods, and his ownership is known by our enmity and disobedience and unbelief against God !

We need to be delivered from this strong man the devil, saved from him as implied i Lk 1:71,74,75

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

While we are in unbelief we are in the hand of our enemy the devil. Now, to those who are reconciled to God by His Sons death, while they are enemies, hence being so reconciled, they shall be saved from all their Spiritual enemies by His Life, so that they can serve without fear

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

So if we erroneously teach that Christ died for all without exception, then the consequences of that if we are consistent with the Truth of Rom 5:10 will be Lk 1:74-75

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Last edited:

beloved57

By whom we received the Atonement !

Those Christ died for, they did absolutely nothing to receive reconciliation with God, in fact, they by His death alone had been reconciled to Him even while they were enemies / unbelievers Rom 5:10 ! Christ's death did not just make reconciliation possible, and now its up to the sinners He died for to accept it, or repent, or even believe, so that it becomes a fact, no, the reconciliation took place even while they were enemies. When Christ was raised from the dead as their Head, He was reconciled to God, for because of their sins being imputed to Him, He experienced the Father forsaking Him Matt 27:46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

However upon Christ's resurrection from the dead, it was a evidence that that God had been reconciled to Him and not only Him, but those whom sins He died for, and so by Him alone those He died for receive the reconciliation, it was applied to them !

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

All for whom Christ died, have been reconciled to God, by His death alone, not by their obedience, not by their faith, not by their repentance, but even while they were being enemies, unbelievers, children of wrath as others BY NATURE, now if this be the case, their being reconciled, they cannot be under condemnation and wrath as others Jn 3:18,36 even while being unbelievers !

You fail to understand that the world was reconciled to God and that reconciliation is a two way street:

"Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God" (2 Cor.5:18-20).​