Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
not related to robinson afaic, and i'd rather not identify mine - same last name and too many creepy stalkers around lately, if ya know what i mean :)

my sisters will be up at the cottage next month and i hope to cover this ground with my folks (they're both in their late eighties) - they're the reservoirs of this knowledge and they're not gonna last forever

The Berean

At what seems to be the other end of the spectrum, the children of Mexican immigrants had the lowest levels of educational attainment of any of the groups in our study. Only 86 percent graduated from high school—compared to 100 percent of Chinese-Americans and 96 percent of native-born Anglos—and only 17 percent of graduated from college. But their high school graduation rate was more than double that of their parents, only 40 percent of whom earned diplomas. And, the college graduation rate of Mexican immigrants’ children more than doubles that of their fathers (7 percent) and triples that of their mothers (5 percent).

The legal status of parents is key. On average, Mexican-American children whose parents are undocumented attain 11 years of education. Those whose parents migrated here legally or entered the country as undocumented migrants but later legalized their status attain 13 years of education on average. This two-year difference, which affected less than 8 percent of Mexican-Americans in our study, is critical in the U.S. education system: It divides high school graduates from high school drop-outs, making undocumented status alone a significant impediment to social mobility.

But even accounting for this additional obstacle for children of undocumented parents, there is no question that, when we measure success as progress from generation to generation, Mexican-Americans come out ahead.

Are Mexicans the Most Successful Immigrant Group in the U.S.?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
TB, two points:

1. The original point that I made was that I think that it's ridiculous that a person came under attack because of what he wrote in a Ph.D. dissertation. Do you have any idea what's involved in writing one?

2. Regardless of the numbers: I consider hispanic immigrants in general a threat to this country, or, at least, of this country as I would prefer it. They often don't speak my language. They don't share my culture. They don't look like me. And they are threatening to change this country, both demographically and otherwise, in ways (and in too many ways) that I'm not comfortable with. Not to mention, of course, that they come here for jobs...jobs of which there are only so many to go around (not to mention, of course, that the greater the number of possible employees, the lower the wages).

I am a white guy who was born in this country, educated in this country and speak English. I want conditions which are most favorable to me given these things. Hispanics threaten what I would consider favorable conditions. What would be most favortable to me, I think, would be for those hispanics either to stay in their country or go somewhere else...but not here.

It goes without saying, but nothing personal, TB, and I intend no offense either to you or to your relatives. :idunno:

whitestone

wait,wait,I need to ask some questions. If America is already all messed up and all the Presidents were white except 1 1/2, then how can we blame it on the Mexicans? And if we continue to go bankrupt,the unemployment keeps getting higher and higher,food prices keep going up, home sales fold,we all pollute the whole country in the end "AREN'T WE GOING TO NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE TO BLAME IT ON?,WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS,WHY CANT WE BLAME IT ON THEM?"

well maybe the Harvard jokes are just way better than the Aggie jokes,,Harvard guy #1 and #2 were looking at a broken shovel Harvard guy #2 gave the shovel to a Mexican immigrant and told him to dig,soon as he took it the handle fell out and Harvard guy #1 said "I told you he'd brake it",,,get it?

Sitamun

The sad thing is, with every large immigration push into this country, the backlash has accompanied every single one. Guess what? This country is still standing, and it is because of immigrants not in spite of them.

99lamb

Check out this Chicana! Cal Poly is my alma mater. :banana: She's the first one of her family to graduate from college. Well done!

http://ceng.calpoly.edu/news/industrial-engineerings-justine-ramos-among-cal-po/

I think anyone graduating from college with a useful degree is a wonderful thing, good for her.
However, this Chicana interned at Frito Lay, which makes Fritos which had as their mascot the Frito Bandito:
8JPG7.jpg

The Berean

TB, two points:

1. The original point that I made was that I think that it's ridiculous that a person came under attack because of what he wrote in a Ph.D. dissertation.
On this point I agree. But Jason Richwine should have known better than his dissertation would be controversial. He's basically saying that 1) Mexican immigrants have low IQ's and 2) There children and grandchildren will have also have low IQ's. And that is nonsense. cognitive ability is only partially genetic as even Richwine admits in his dissertation.

Do you have any idea what's involved in writing one?
Yes, I do. In fact I printed out Richwine's 188 page dissertation and I am reading it right now. I'm on page 35. It's heavy on statistical analysis. I am NOT impressed so far.

2. Regardless of the numbers: I consider hispanic immigrants in general a threat to this country, or, at least, of this country as I would prefer it. They often don't speak my language. They don't share my culture.
So are you threatened by Jewish people who speak Yiddish? Are you threatened by Appalachian people who speak Pennsylvania-Dutch (a form of German) as their first language?

They don't look like me.
I think this is a classic example of stereotyping on your part, Trad. Mexican people are a diverse group. We don't all have dark skin and wear sombreros and huaraches. I have no doubt many Mexican people look like you, Trad. Shoot, my entire family on my mother's side are almost all white. Here are some examples of white Mexicans.

Mexican_Girls.jpg

tZWBl.jpg

guillermo-del-toro-2012.jpg

AraceliArambula2009.jpg

tumblr_m76q3tYdkJ1qa51iqo1_500.jpg

451px-Santiago_Creel.jpg

And they are threatening to change this country, both demographically and otherwise, in ways (and in too many ways) that I'm not comfortable with. Not to mention, of course, that they come here for jobs...jobs of which there are only so many to go around (not to mention, of course, that the greater the number of possible employees, the lower the wages).
They are also changing the demographics by making America more Catholic since the overwhelming majority of these immigrants are Catholic. Isn't this a good thing from your point of view, Trad? What does the Catholic Church say about helping others less fortunate? Would the Pope want you to help Mexican immigrants assimilate into American culture? is your Catholic faith more important to you than you racial views?

I am a white guy who was born in this country, educated in this country and speak English. I want conditions which are most favorable to me given these things. Hispanics threaten what I would consider favorable conditions. What would be most favorable to me, I think, would be for those hispanics either to stay in their country or go somewhere else...but not here.
You don't get to make that call, Trad.

It goes without saying, but nothing personal, TB, and I intend no offense either to you or to your relatives. :idunno:
None taken. But really think about what your saying here Trad. Are you willing to help your Catholic brothers and sisters in need?

bybee

On this point I agree. But Jason Richwine should have known better than his dissertation would be controversial. He's basically saying that 1) Mexican immigrants have low IQ's and 2) There children and grandchildren will have also have low IQ's. And that is nonsense. cognitive ability is only partially genetic as even Richwine admits in his dissertation.

Yes, I do. In fact I printed out Richwine's 188 page dissertation and I am reading it right now. I'm on page 35. It's heavy on statistical analysis. I am NOT impressed so far.

So are you threatened by Jewish people who speak Yiddish? Are you threatened by Appalachian people who speak Pennsylvania-Dutch (a form of German) as their first language?

I think this is a classic example of stereotyping on your part, Trad. Mexican people are a diverse group. We don't all have dark skin and wear sombreros and huaraches. I have no doubt many Mexican people look like you, Trad. Shoot, my entire family on my mother's side are almost all white. Here are some examples of white Mexicans.

Mexican_Girls.jpg

tZWBl.jpg

guillermo-del-toro-2012.jpg

AraceliArambula2009.jpg

tumblr_m76q3tYdkJ1qa51iqo1_500.jpg

451px-Santiago_Creel.jpg

They are also changing the demographics by making America more Catholic since the overwhelming majority of these immigrants are Catholic. Isn't this a good thing from your point of view, Trad? What does the Catholic Church say about helping others less fortunate? Would the Pope want you to help Mexican immigrants assimilate into American culture? is your Catholic faith more important to you than you racial views?

You don't get to make that call, Trad.

None taken. But really think about what your saying here Trad. Are you willing to help your Catholic brothers and sisters in need?

That red headed boxer has got to have some Irish in him?

The Berean

That red headed boxer has got to have some Irish in him?

His name is Saúl Álvarez. None of his bios I have read mention any Irish connection. I know a young lady (27) who red hair and light skin like Alvarez. She is full blooded Mexican as well.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

It's a Ph.D. dissertation. As far as I am concerned, the only people who have a right to make controversy over it are his peers, and, foremost, his dissertation board.

You're not impressed by statistical analysis?

No. Both of these cases involve neglible numbers of people, and at least the former is dying, and when I go to Home Depot or Walmart, for example, and look at product labels and signs, I am not forced to see things written in Yiddish or Pynnsylvania Dutch. When I am driving on the interstate, I am not forced to see Budweiser advertisements written entirely in Yiddish, without any English. There are, as far as I am aware, no major national cable networks in Yiddish.

When I turn on a radio station, my ears are not assailed by Yiddish language songs and news.

But hispanics (especially Mexicans) are like cockroaches. They're everywhere, and left unchecked, their numbers are just going to increase until there's an irreversible infestation.

As far as the Catholic thing:

1. To my understanding, many Mexicans only are nominally Catholic, and Mexico in general is a veritable hotbed of theological liberalism.

2. There are other interests than religion in determing what constitutes a society which is favorable to one's interests.

Last edited:

Sitamun

Gee Tradio I sure hope you don't have any Irish or Italian blood. Actually you are so hypocritical you better be full blooded Native American.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
If Americans worked as hard as Mexicans, immigration wouldn't be a problem.
They are simply doing all the stuff Americans think they are too good for.

There's a lot of irony with the disputes on border control- most people who put them to work are conservatives themselves!

But hey, at least they're bringing Catholicism over :chuckle:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Gee Tradio I sure hope you don't have any Irish or Italian blood. Actually you are so hypocritical you better be full blooded Native American.

These kinds of arguments are silly. You are bringing up stuff from history books. I'm not talking about history books. I'm talking about now. I'm talking about the country in which I was born, the culture in which I was raised, the language that I was brought up to speak, etc, and I'm talking about large numbers of people who were not born in this country, who do not speak my language, and who do not share my culture, but who insist on flooding into this country like water onto a beach at high tide.

I'm concerned about the here and now. And in the here and now, Mexicans are a problem, as are hispanics generally speaking.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If Americans worked as hard as Mexicans, immigration wouldn't be a problem.
They are simply doing all the stuff Americans think they are too good for.

There's a lot of irony with the disputes on border control- most people who put them to work are conservatives themselves!

But hey, at least they're bringing Catholicism over :chuckle:

False. The Mexicans are not resting content to pick vegetables (and even here, I take offense that they do; if they weren't around, companies would be forced to pay higher wages to white people to do the same thing); they are daring to take more skilled, higher paying jobs as well.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Sounds to me like you are the only problem here. :yawn:

I was born here. I was inculturated here. I learned my language here.

How dare Mexicans, foreigners, think that they can just walk on in and try to change things.