Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Atheists don't believe in a "resurrection", the deity of Christ, salvation or eternal life because they don't believe anything exists accept nature. Any thing for them that has been deemed a supernatural event has to be explained differently. They have a bias.

--Dave

I figured you would not have the courage to squarely answer my questions for yourself. Instead you diverted this discussion into what atheists believe/don't believe, which is not what I asked. This is why I have no confidence in you. I am quite aware of what atheists "don't believe". I use to be one. If you would like to take another shot at answering those questions thoroughly and honestly I would welcome that. If not, I must accept that as well. Though I do not have to approve. At least some atheists I know have the courage to answer these questions thoroughly and honestly. Given that, I have to wonder what kind of "Christian" cannot do the same.

This is also why I see that smile in your avatar as a facade to cover up your deceit.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I figured you would not have the courage to squarely answer my questions for yourself. Instead you diverted this discussion into what atheists believe, which is not what I asked. This is why I have no confidence in you. I am quite aware of what atheists "don't believe". I use to be one. If you would like to take another shot at answering those questions thoroughly and honestly I would welcome that. If not, I must accept that as well. Though I do not have to approve. At least some atheists I know have the courage to answer these questions thoroughly and honestly. Given that, I have to wonder what kind of "Christian" cannot do the same.

What do you believe is my question.

Do you believe that God is the origin of life?

--Dave

alwight

Atheists don't believe in a "resurrection", the deity of Christ, salvation or eternal life because they don't believe anything exists accept nature. Any thing for them that has been deemed a supernatural event has to be explained differently. They have a bias.

--Dave

Who deems that a supernatural event has occurred, you Dave?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who deems that a supernatural event has occurred, you Dave?

The rational question would be, what events would likely be supernatural. The answer would be the creation of the universe and man. You know, the big events, the ones the atheists can't figure out.

--Dave

noguru

The rational question would be, what events would likely be supernatural. The answer would be the creation of the universe and man. You know, the big events, the ones the atheists can't figure out.

--Dave

So in science a mystery to you means it must be a "supernatural event"?

6days

It's not a mystery, it's a contradiction.

Life does not come from lifelessness.

--Dave
Oh, but life must come from non life... since life exists. (Atheist reasoning).
Is an atheist really an atheist if they allow themselves to even consider God as a explanation to life?

noguru

It's not a mystery, it's a contradiction.

Life does not come from lifelessness.

--Dave

You still have not answered my questions, do you lack the courage to do so? On top of that you are really stretching logic now.

Well let's see, lifelessness comes from life. We see things die all the time, does that take a supernatural event? Does that mean it can't possibly be real if it is through natural means?

Hot and cold are contradictions, but they both exist in nature and happen to the same elements. You are free to continue with your absurd claims, but no one is forced to swallow your absurdities.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You still have not answered my questions, do you lack the courage to do so? On top of that you are really stretching logic now.

Well let's see, lifelessness comes from life. We see things die all the time, does that take a supernatural event? Does that mean it can't possibly be real if it is through natural means?

Hot and cold are contradictions, but they both exist in nature and happen to the same elements. You are free to continue with your absurd claims, but no one is forced to swallow your absurdities.

Genesis 2:7 RSV "then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Matthew 10:28 RSV "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

The origin and the destruction of our life is a supernatural event.

--Dave

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DFT_Dave,

Well, once again, you are doing just fine holding your own. I agree with your last post 100%!! We should spend more time rejoicing in the fact that God created us, the Lord God formed our Adam, instead of nitpicking about evolution.

God Bless Your Soul, David,

Michael

noguru

--Dave

Thanks for you unqualified opinion Dave. I think I will stick with the evidence, rather than your distorted version of reality. I see life being created all the time from natural events. So far I have not seen any supernatural events at the birth of any animal or human.

And I see you still have not answered the questions I asked you.

Your newest diversion leads to some more questions. Do you think that all of biological life is a "supernatural event", does it currently take supernatural events to continue life?

And what of non living materials, aren't those the result of "supernatural events" according to your model also? Is not everything we know of the result of supernatural events according to your model?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for you unqualified opinion Dave. I think I will stick with the evidence, rather than your distorted version of reality. I see life being created all the time from natural events. So far I have not seen any supernatural events at the birth of any animal or human.

And I see you still have not answered the questions I asked you.

Your newest diversion leads to some more questions. Do you think that all of biological life is a "supernatural event", does it currently take supernatural events to continue life?

And what of non living materials, aren't those the result of "supernatural events" according to your model also? Is not everything we know of the result of supernatural events according to your model?

Do I have to explain to you what "origin" means? It means get the thing started, not keep it going, that's another question. For the universe and life to have originated requires a supernatural reality.

--Dave

Jukia

Genesis 2:7 RSV "then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Matthew 10:28 RSV "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

--Dave
Death is a supernatural event? Just death of humans or death of all living things?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Death is a supernatural event? Just death of humans or death of all living things?

I didn't say all deaths were supernatural events. I said, human life and death are ultimately and in origin and finality a supernatural event.

As a Dynamic Free Theist we can say that both nature and the supernatural are real. There are both natural events and supernatural events. The origin of nature and the origin of man, both being finite and not eternal require an infinite, eternal, and free willed supernatural cause/event.

--Dave

gcthomas

I didn't say all deaths were supernatural events. I said, human life and death are ultimately and in origin and finality a supernatural event.

As a Dynamic Free Theist we can say that both nature and the supernatural are real. There are both natural events and supernatural events. The origin of nature and the origin of man, both being finite and not eternal require an infinite, eternal, and free willed supernatural cause/event.

--Dave

The main flux emitter has destabilized, resulting in system failure in the upper temporal power drive and The front sonic photon drive has imploded, causing an explosion in the port tachyon capacitor.

from the Technobabble Generator

(It makes more sense than DaFT-Dave)

Jukia

--Dave

OK, so only human life and death is a supernatural event. The life and death of all other created kinds are just regular ol' natural events.
Got it, that makes all sorts of sense.

Although I held my mothers hand while she died and have been with several dogs when they died. Can't say I saw/felt any supernatural goings on when my Mom died. Must not have been looking in the right direction.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The main flux emitter has destabilized, resulting in system failure in the upper temporal power drive and The front sonic photon drive has imploded, causing an explosion in the port tachyon capacitor.

from the Technobabble Generator

(It makes more sense than DaFT-Dave)

Wow, that was a real intelligent come back. Can you chew gum and walk at the time?

--Dave :rotfl:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, so only human life and death is a supernatural event. The life and death of all other created kinds are just regular ol' natural events. Got it, that makes all sorts of sense.

Although I held my mothers hand while she died and have been with several dogs when they died. Can't say I saw/felt any supernatural goings on when my Mom died. Must not have been looking in the right direction.

In atheism there is no difference between the passing of your Mom and the passing your dog. Nor is there any difference between the origin of dogs and moms, everything is nature.

In theism, God is the origin of all life, it cannot begin itself. That is not to say God ends all life, but he did not grant eternal life to all life. The difference between your dog, your Mother and you, is that only humans were made in the image of God and only they can have eternal life. We have a soul that is not material that can only be destroyed by God.

You take by faith that your dog, your mom and you are the product of evolution, just as I take by faith that we are pro-created in the image of God. No one ever saw Adam being created in the Garden of Eden, no one else was there to observe it. No one ever saw anything evolve, it takes to long to be observed.

Neither the soul nor God can be seen so looking in the right direction is irrelevant. Life left her body, but her body was still there, so if life is matter and matter is still there then why do we die? Life is not material.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.