Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukia

Neither the soul nor God can be seen so looking in the right direction is irrelevant. Life left her body, but her body was still there, so if life is matter and matter is still there then why do we die? Life is not material.

--Dave

Life is all chemistry and physics.

noguru

Do I have to explain to you what "origin" means? It means get the thing started, not keep it going, that's another question. For the universe and life to have originated requires a supernatural reality.

--Dave

But if death comes from life, or the natural comes from supernatural those are contradictions in the same way you claimed life from non-life is a contradiction.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But if death comes from life, or the natural comes from supernatural those are contradictions in the same way you claimed life from non-life is a contradiction.

I'm not claiming to say what you claim I am saying.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not wishing to speak for gcthomas but it could have something to do with exposing the non-sense of creationism.

Dirty job but someone needs to do it :)

An calling someone an idiot, or insinuating the same, gets the job done?

--Dave

alwight

Or perhaps from gcthomas frustration realizing Dave is using better logic than himself.
To deem something as supernatural only seems to require three things apparently: A bald assertion, some degree of doubt as to an exact natural explanation and that logic need not apply, ever. :plain:

6days

To deem something as supernatural only seems to require three things apparently: A bald assertion, some degree of doubt as to an exact natural explanation and that logic need not apply, ever. :plain:
Science is about knowledge.
Demanding a "natural explanation" is unscientific, since you start with your conclusion, and make the evidence fit.

"From a knowledge of God's Work, we shall know Him"
Robert Boyle, Father of Modern Chemistry

A skeptical journalist investigates if evidence leads to the Creator...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Tjh9A3lZU

noguru

Demanding a "natural explanation" is unscientific, since you start with your conclusion, and make the evidence fit.

Science does not "demand" a natural explanation. But courageous and honest people realize its limitations as the reason for "only" finding natural explanations.

Can you tell us the objective criteria you would use to determine a "supernatural" explanation?

I do not think you will answer this. I'd say that is because of your self-deceit caused by your lack of courage.

And you still wonder why others have no confidence in your opinion.

:chuckle:

alwight

"From a knowledge of God's Work, we shall know Him"
Robert Boyle, Father of Modern Chemistry

A skeptical journalist investigates if evidence leads to the Creator...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Tjh9A3lZU

Oh great Lee Strobel. :rolleyes:
Hot air is just about all he has to offer from my experience.

Science is about finding genuine answers, whatever they happen to be, not making bald assertions from incredulity or presupposition.

PaganSunday

He is also a devout Catholic.

I wouldn't be surprised if a "devout Catholic" promoted such evolutionary lies, after all, they're the Apostate Church who "...shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws... (Dan 7:25)

If they can presume to change Gods law, then they can presume to do just about anything else unbiblical. The fact is, those who do so, will burn in hell along with those who support them. (Rev 20:15).

Do not be deceived.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Spirituality is about finding genuine answers, whatever they happen to be, not making bald assertions from incredulity or presupposition.

Hi Buddy!! God's Best 4 U!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.