Bob debates Keeping the Sabbath

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The sabbath was observed before the Law was givin... On the 6 the day you will gather twice as much manna...

Posted from the TOL App!
And yet it was not observed by man until God commanded them to do so.:think:

JosephR

And yet it was not observed by man until God commanded them to do so.:think:

Well, Adam and Eve in the garden were alive when God instituted the sabbath.. And Cain and Abel knew how to make sacrifices, Noah knew what clean and unclean animals were as far as ceremonial service goes...when Cain slew Abel He was not commanded not to do so , but God did curse Him for the murder.

So when they were told that on the sabbath no manna would come from Heaven do you think this was a new concept to them?

God said to His people let this be a sign between you and me so I can tell my flock from the rest. Noah and Job who were both righteous , would be silly to me to say they did not observe the sabbath.

Posted from the TOL App!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, Adam and Eve in the garden were alive when God instituted the sabbath.. And Cain and Abel knew how to make sacrifices, Noah knew what clean and unclean animals were as far as ceremonial service goes...when Cain slew Abel He was not commanded not to do so , but God did curse Him for the murder.
The Sabbath was observed solely by God at that time. Adam and Eve did no work and therefore required no Sabbath rest.

And He said to them, [Jesus]“The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”[/Jesus]
-Mark 2:27-28

And Cain apparently didn't know all that well how to make sacrifices. Also, murder is demonstrably wrong. It's not valid as an argument here.

And Noah only knew because God had labeled the animals with said categories.

So when they were told that on the sabbath no manna would come from Heaven do you think this was a new concept to them?
For them to rest on that day it was. If you look up the word "Sabbath" you will see it first appeared in that story. That was the first time man was commanded to rest on the seventh day.

God said to His people let this be a sign between you and me so I can tell my flock from the rest. Noah and Job who were both righteous , would be silly to me to say they did not observe the sabbath.
What He said was:

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’”
-Exodus 31:15-17

It was a sign between God and Israel; no one else.