Thread: I think Bob Enyart takes stupid pills

Over 2000 post club elected4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bob Enyart takes stupid pills

The letter killeth but the Spirit gives life. From what I have heard Bob Enyart say and what I have heard others say in his defense, Bob Enyart wishes to bring the brethren, including himself, back under the letter of the law. Jesus gave His life to set us free from the law of sin and death. Yet through his teaching, he wonts to be entangled again in the law. In fact his whole ministry is built on this concept.Perhaps Bob or someone else can explain this drive toward legalism. Each and ever child of God loves righteousness because that is who we are in Christ.That does not give anyone the the right to impose a law that was death to us in the first place. I received life from the dead through Jesus Christ. Why should I make myself subject again to the law that can only impose death? This would be a truly insane thing for me to do. I do not understand the reasoning for reimposing these laws.
    Galatians 5:13 ¶For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

The borrower is slave to the linder. What makes this country think it is rich and free?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you sure we are talking about the same Bob Enyart?

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elected4ever
    The letter killeth but the Spirit gives life. From what I have heard Bob Enyart say and what I have heard others say in his defense, Bob Enyart wishes to bring the brethren, including himself, back under the letter of the law. Jesus gave His life to set us free from the law of sin and death. Yet through his teaching, he wonts to be entangled again in the law. In fact his whole ministry is built on this concept.Perhaps Bob or someone else can explain this drive toward legalism. Each and ever child of God loves righteousness because that is who we are in Christ.That does not give anyone the the right to impose a law that was death to us in the first place. I received life from the dead through Jesus Christ. Why should I make myself subject again to the law that can only impose death? This would be a truly insane thing for me to do. I do not understand the reasoning for reimposing these laws.
    Bob doesn't want to put people under the Law for salvation. He upholds grace which comes by faith in Christ as savior as the means of salvation, and does a good job of teaching that.

He wants criminal justice, which is not and never has been salvatory, to be based on biblical principles of criminal justice. Such as restitution for theft, and capital punishment for murder.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but this is just false. How do you arrive at this conclusion?
    God . . .even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent. . . . John Calvin

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You obviously have listened to ANY of his Bible studies.....

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimei
    You obviously have listened to ANY of his Bible studies.....
    My son gets his tapes and plays his shows on the Internet. So don't tell me I have not heard his message. Basing civil law on Biblical principle is one thing and with that I agree. Imposing the Mosaic law as the standard is disagreeable to me.
    Galatians 5:13 ¶For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

The borrower is slave to the linder. What makes this country think it is rich and free?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, I'm sorry, but you are completely incorrect about everything you posted in the topic. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
    "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son gets his tapes and plays his shows on the Internet. So don't tell me I have not heard his message. Basing civil law on Biblical principle is one thing and with that I agree. Imposing the Mosaic law as the standard is disagreeable to me.
    So in this whole matter, you were not referring to salvation?

What Crow said in post #3.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimei
    So in this whole matter, you were not referring to salvation?

What Crow said in post #3.
    Salvation is the seting us free from the law. Why does Bob wish to reimpose it?

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the purpose of the law? If you understand that, you can answer your own question.
    God . . .even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent. . . . John Calvin

Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

e4e, I'm still not clear.

Do you think that Bob suggests at all that we keep the law for our salvation?
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docrob57
    What is the purpose of the law? If you understand that, you can answer your own question.
    Which law? God's law or divil law?

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basing civil law on Biblical principle is one thing and with that I agree. Imposing the Mosaic law as the standard is disagreeable to me.
    And what, pray tell, do Biblical "principles" say should be the punishment for perjury?
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which law? God's law or divil law?
    God's law

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,101 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all due respect I thinks its important that we familiarize ourselves with a topic before we make hasty and possibly incorrect statements.

Your post couldn't be more inaccurate.

The only thing I could figure is your just trying to be funny, is that the case?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Thread Information