Thread: possibilities

Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 748 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMHO, Lighthouse, the Bible supports both sides of the predestination/free will arguement. That's why I say I'm somewhere in the middle of it. And, that's why I say, that with His infinite wisdom, God created us with finite brains. I don't think that our own finite brains can accurately understand God. I know that there is scripture supporting open theism. I also know that there is scripture supporting predestination.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the best example of free will vs divine will is recounted in the Book of Jonah.
    God does what He needs to do to accomplish what He wants to accomplish. He uses individuals, groups, governments, armies, you name it.
    I believe the future is "closed" only in that God has said certain events MUST happen.
    God says it is His will that all should come to Him, but He knows that some will not. ALL will have the opportunity, some will refuse to their everlasting condemnation.
    How God does this and keeps it all straight is a mystery to me and will probably remain so until I have my opportunity to ask Jesus.

God will not interfere with my free will as it is up to me alone to make the decisions that conform to His will. I ask guidance from the Holy Spirit and study the Word in order to figure that out. I have the simple and concise teachings of scripture, Follow Me and do My commandments. I may not follow them perfectly in some instances and there is the merciful God to get me across the rough spots.

Right now, my merciful God is kicking my butt on Scripture Study. He has sent other people to help me with it. A number of them are on ToL.

Amen.

Psalm 144

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,385 Times in 10,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ebenz47037
    IMHO, Lighthouse, the Bible supports both sides of the predestination/free will arguement. That's why I say I'm somewhere in the middle of it. And, that's why I say, that with His infinite wisdom, God created us with finite brains. I don't think that our own finite brains can accurately understand God. I know that there is scripture supporting open theism. I also know that there is scripture supporting predestination.
    I quite agree. The Scripture supports free-will, and predestination. But it does not support predestination of all events for all time. And it supports that the future is not completely settled, but that soem of it is. That is why I am an open theist.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 748 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse
    I quite agree. The Scripture supports free-will, and predestination. But it does not support predestination of all events for all time. And it supports that the future is not completely settled, but that soem of it is. That is why I am an open theist.
    I didn't say I believe in predestination for all events in time.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,385 Times in 10,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know that. I didn't mean to imply that you did.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    yes, mr 5020. i had a cool discussion with logos x about universalism.
    Yep..it was cool.

i am not a universalist.

I don't care what i'm known for.
    Nobody's perfect.

Thread Information