User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ARCHIVE:The 16 commandments at TheologyOnLine (OLD)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    Did you get my private message?
    ya, thank you
    If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ernest View Post
    Are you suggesting that any argument questioning the existence of God MUST contain slurs and insults?
    That depends entirely on whether one views a term/title to the degree of "sexist, bigotrous, racist, homicidal, homophobic maniac" to be insulting or just plain honest, seeing as I would say as much entirely without exaggeration.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paine View Post
    That depends entirely on whether one views a term/title to the degree of "sexist, bigotrous, racist, homicidal, homophobic maniac" to be insulting or just plain honest, seeing as I would say as much entirely without exaggeration.
    Translation: I'm going to see how much I can troll before I get banned.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5020 View Post
    Translation: I'm going to see how much I can troll before I get banned.
    If you would refer to my posting history on this site as "trolling," good sir/madam, then I would be rather amused to discover just what exactly you consider to be reasonable exemplary content.

In this particular instance I was merely questioning the authenticity and/or relevancy of a particular rule (taking note of how little it is apparently enforced), and answering a certain inquiry by another member while seizing hold of the opportunity to provide an example.

Interestingly enough, there seem to be many on these forums who consider mere proclamation of unbelief in God to be blatant blaspheme in and of itself, which would therefore (on the basis of what seems to be mandated by this rule list) necessitate the banning of the entire atheistic population of these forums - an action which would obviously bring an effective end to the majority of serious debate throughout the site.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you would refer to my posting history on this site as "trolling," good sir/madam...
    Many madam's you know call themselves "Mister?"

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the internet, my good sir.

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. You've fooled yourself into believing that self-serving twaddle. Now try to fool me into believing that.

Psalm 144

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psalm 144

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    4. Thou shall not call other TOL members names without cause.
    I wonder here if this could be a ticket to allow abusive name-calling, because virtually everyone who calls someone a name thinks it deserved--so this would not seem to prohibit any name-calling at all.

2 Timothy 2:24-25 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct...

I'm sorry to say I see no such standard being set in the forum requirements, nor indeed expected or required in practice here by the various moderators.
    "Even now we seem to have dim glimpses into regions from which we receive no word to bring away." (George MacDonald)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some things never change eh Lee?
    Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
    (without prior approval). Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source. If you do post material from another source... please only post a small excerpt from your source and then provide a link or other note of source.
    So would this mean that youtube videos shouldn't/can't be posted, as they are (usually) illegally uploaded with copyrighted materials? Just want to check so I don't accidentally post something if I am not supposed too. Thanks!

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    So would this mean that youtube videos shouldn't/can't be posted, as they are (usually) illegally uploaded with copyrighted materials? Just want to check so I don't accidentally post something if I am not supposed too. Thanks!
    It's allowed because the commandment says, "Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source." The videos give credit to the source.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we must have some guidance if we are to participate in a joint effort. Civility keeps things going. Incivility either causes a shutdown in dialogue or escalating incivility. It has been said that the Law is a framework within which to live.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    10 just isn't enough here

Breaking one of these commandments MAY cause you to be banned from our forum.

1. Thou SHALL NOT use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.
    2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.
    3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. We will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it).
    4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged.
    5. Thou SHALL NOT post in ALL CAPS. That's rude, considered shouting and also hard to read.
    6. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads (intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the threads purpose).
    7. Thou SHALL NOT spam (unless its by our design and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned).
    8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
    (without prior approval). Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source. If you do post material from another source... please only post a small excerpt from your source and then provide a link or other note of source.
    9. Thou SHALL NOT submit posts of extreme length
    (anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)
    10. Thou SHALL NOT copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialogue.
    11. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums is also a banable offense.
    12. Thou SHALL NOT discuss the banning of other TOL members publicly if any TOL mod or admin has asked you to not discuss such matters.
    13. Thou SHALL NOT mistreat TOL moderators and admins. (if you are asked by TOL moderator to alter your post, signature, avatar or other input at TOL please respect their request).
    14. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect the decisions and or warnings of the TOL moderators and administrators.
    15. Thou SHALL NOT advocate any criminal activity or vigilantism against another TOL member or anyone else. For instance, one might rightfully say... "The government should execute murderers" but someone should not advocate executing anyone personally or outside the criminal justice system.
    16. Thou SHALL NOT break any other agreed upon rules.

Most (if not all) of the above commandments are subjective in nature. The owners and operators of TheologyOnLine reserve the right to enforce the rules of this website as they deem necessary.

TheologyOnLine is private property and all participants participate at the pleasure of this websites owners.

TOL is biased towards the truth - learn to deal with it.
    bump

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I even be on this site?

Please clarify- on some site profile pics are very disturbing, dead babies, feotuses.
    Is this allowed(i can`t make a questionmark )….
    Can Christians be obscene here…
    I want to follow Jesus without calling myself a `christian`, So is this site for people who call themselves christian period and who follow a set belief system, eyes and ears closed … . What about red letter chritians…

Maybe I need a different, Jesus based site.

Thread Information