Surveillance State

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Let's try not to be complete morons ...

sorry-its-too-late-for-you.jpg

rougueone

I think most or all of us think this sucks, so here's the bottom line: (Note: When I say "You" in this post, I mean it in the general sense, not at any posters in particular)

When you foster a line of thinking that ANYTHING is justified to save lives, you get this.

You cannot have absolute safety and absolute freedom at the same time, as Ron Paul brilliantly points out all the time.

TSF mentioned abortion. This is part of the reason why I refuse to make this my line in the sand, as much as I detest abortion. The way abortion should be dealt with is to make it illegal and to punish those who are caught with execution. Instead, they will make pathetic laws that only protect a few, petty penalties (Always far less than death or even a lengthy prison sentence), and then use that as an excuse for regulation.

Let me be clear. I don't want any regulation of the medical industry. I don't want government having any authority there. I want the unborn to be protected by anti-homicide laws, without regulation of the medical industry.

Now, as for everything else, when you fight a "War on Terrorism", this is what happens. This is why I refuse to glorify the Republican Party with my vote. Because they will support things like this.

Serpentdove, this is one example of an issue as to why I don't emphasize gay marriage. This sort of thing, that actually threatens my freedom, your freedom, and everybody else's freedom, is far more important than preventing a government that is already morally bankrupt from condoning morally bankrupt practices, which is par for the course anyway.

Do you understand it now?

Consider this, Our freedoms are much greater in our Christ, Jesus, then in a man made political affirmation . To which man may steal those freedoms , diminish them, or simply take away. Are we to be Americans or Christians ?
For me my Constitution is 66 books of the Bible. Gods expressed freedoms given to us are HIS promises. Guaranteed forever.
I shre your sentiments however. But the U.S. Government is going to continue to push it's vision of the world standards further.

Last edited: