ECT Madist explain please how the 7 I AM's OF Jesus in John does not apply to the BOC

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, that scripture is commonly used (and taken out of context) to "prove" that Paul preached the "new testament" to the body of Christ. But that is just plain wrong.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

• It's impossible to miss WHO the covenant is with:
    Jer 31:33-34 (AKJV/PCE)(31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
  • The new covenant has the LAW written in their inward parts and hearts.
  • The old and new covenants are with the SAME TWO parties: God and Israel.
  • The new covenant has a priesthood, Paul NEVER even writes that word ONCE in his epistles.
  • The book to the Hebrews quotes exactly Jeremiah (a prophet of Israel).
  • Gods plans for Israel will not fail. Everything that He said will be fulfilled.
    Ezek 36:24-27 (AKJV/PCE)
    (36:24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. (36:25) ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (36:26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (36:27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].

If you realize that the mention of land, is symbolic with Kingdom then you will see the truth of it.

Abraham, along with all of the saints are promised to inherit all of the earth, not thin strips of land in the middle east.

LA

musterion

So Paul here is saying, in your mind, "God gave me this extraordinary ability to be a very able administrator of the new covenant, but that would have only benefited me if he had called me to preach to the Jews".

1)Why would God have made him an "able administrator of the new covenant" if that was not his calling?

2) why would Paul have told the Corinthian church about how the new covenant brings life instead of the death of the old covenant if it had no relevancy whatsoever to them?

You are turning Paul against Paul.

God. Made. NO. Covenant. With. Gentiles.

If you had C&V explicitly stating where and when and with what individual Gentile representatives He did so, you'd have posted it.

Danoh

I think an inability to disagree civilly is the main reason. On display for all to see right here in this thread!

Or to at least be fair in disagreement.

To do as the Apostle Paul would, where he found opposition was sound on some point.

He would concede their point; as in his use of the phrase "this witness is true."

To their shame, some have obviously reached a point where they are completely incapable of that.

When they conclude someone is off; they soon follow that with the ignorance that such are up to no good; should be endlessly spit on; and certainly...never agreed with on any point.

The very ugliness the Lord had had to deal with in His day, against those who called themselves "a Jew" - who hypocritically called themselves the people of God.

Others, condone such behavior either through silence and or through a lesser form of mockery.

I know, that just about anyone I have observed posting on here who I have often disagreed with on one point or another - be they those who hold to one form of MAD or another, or to no MAD at all - I have nevertheless found all have been sound on one thing or another, at one point or another.

Be it Interplanner, God's Truth, Lazy Afternoon, Mishack - you name the individual - each has at one point or another, posted a thing the Apostle Paul would responded to with the words "this witness is true."

Romans 6 and Ephesians 4 both relate that there is ever the need to consciously make decisions as to how one is going to conduct oneself; to not rationalize one's misconduct.

And how that, to do so for long; is to end up having so seared one's conscious to where one is past feeling; to where, when such are addressed as to their misconduct; such project said addressing as coming from an enemy.

Just like how the hypocrites of Christ's day would take his strong words to them as a threat to their hypocrisy.

Bark away all as to such, all you might Wick Stick...it is too late for some of these individuals..their conscience has long been seared by the heart iron of their rationalizing away their misconduct such that it has become...their only reality.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 9:9

Gentile is a meaningful label in NT context only in contrast with Jew. That is what I meant. Abe doesn't count.
Noah, not Abe, for Gen 9:9.

I know you know that, but wanted to point it out for others so they don't get confused.

Anyway, doesn't really matter because if that was supposed to be the Gentiles old covenant to be replaced by a Gentile new covenant instead ....... then the old covenant for Gentiles (the one made to Noah goes away).
I don't think any covenant was supposed to replace or supersede that one.
It's still in operation.

And you are right, Musty; the Gentiles would have to have a covenant made to them that changes/replaces an old covenant they had.
So your question still needs to be answered as to what old covenant was made to Gentiles that needs to be changed/replaced by a new one.

musterion

Noah, not Abe, for Gen 9:9.

I know you know that, but wanted to point it out for others so they don't get confused.

Anyway, doesn't really matter because if that was supposed to be the Gentiles old covenant to be replaced by a Gentile new covenant instead ....... then the old covenant for Gentiles (the one made to Noah goes away).
I don't think any covenant was supposed to replace or supersede that one.
It's still in operation.

And you are right, Musty; the Gentiles would have to have a covenant made to them that changes/replaces an old covenant they had.
So your question still needs to be answered as to what old covenant was made to Gentiles that needs to be changed/replaced by a new one.

True, true. But Sticky Wicket will explain it to us.

Right Divider

Body part
YOU are wrong of course.

Luk 22:20
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Old covenant =law

New covenant = Jesus' sacrifice which provided grace
Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Just read it and believe it. It's plain; it's clear; it's unambiguous; it stands.