Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

Jerry Shugart

Jesus was born to Mary, he did not come down from heaven. The Christ in Jesus did come down from heaven and SPOKE through Jesus. Christ, the spirit son, is the son of man. God sent him to us to enlighten our understanding of himself. Jesus is the flesh son of God that was born to Mary. He is the body prepared to hold the spirit son Christ that God sent from heaven.

Yes, while on the earth the Lord Jesus was the flesh son of Mary. And it was He who suffered in the flesh. So it is He who is the "Christ" and not some imaginary "spirit son":

"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh..."
(1 Pet.4:1).​

It is the Lord Jesus who suffered in the flesh so the reference to "Christ" in this verse has to be referring to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Not some fictional "spirit son."

Last edited:

keypurr

Yes, while on the earth the Lord Jesus was the flesh son of Mary. And it was He who suffered in the flesh. So it is He who is the "Christ" and not some imaginary "spirit son":

It is the Lord Jesus who suffered in the flesh so the reference to "Christ" in this verse has to be referring to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Your only part right friend. You can not discard scripture because you don't want to see it. God created his express image and created everything through it. Study it from a different viewpoint Jerry, I might be right. I might have been given this to share.

I pray that I am not working for Satan. I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ. I Sincerly believe he has blessed me with truth after all these years of study. However you feel you will always a brother in Christ to me for I see you love him too.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

marhig

He's not an imaginary spirit son, he is the Christ the son of the living God and he is a spirit, the same as his father God, who is a spirit also.

Galatians 4

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

Your only part right friend. You can not discard scripture because you don't want to see it. God created his express image and created everything through it. Study it from a different viewpoint Jerry, I might be right. I might have been given this to share.

What specifically is it I said about what you said here is only part right?:

Jesus was born to Mary, he did not come down from heaven. The Christ in Jesus did come down from heaven and SPOKE through Jesus. Christ, the spirit son, is the son of man. God sent him to us to enlighten our understanding of himself. Jesus is the flesh son of God that was born to Mary. He is the body prepared to hold the spirit son Christ that God sent from heaven.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus never said he was God

Of course He did. Those who heard Him in the following passage knew that He was claiming to be God and that is why they tried to kill Him:

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by" (Jn.8:58-59).​

They took up stones to cast at Him because He was claiming to be God, the great Ï AM":

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you"
(Ex.3:14).​

6days

Keypurr said:
The exact image of a spirit is another spirit, it that above your ability to understand? Jesus was flesh, human. He could bleed, spirits do not bleed.
The Word became flesh. John 1. The Word was God.
Keypurr said:
Jesus was not at the creation, but the spirit son, Christ, was.
If you are saying that Jesus in the flesh, was not at creation, we agree.*
However Scripture tells us "For by Him [Jesus the Son] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him "(Colossians 1:16).

If ALL things were created by the Son, then either you believe He created Himself.... or that He was not created.*

Jerry Shugart

Jesus never said he was God

Of course He did. Those who heard Him in the following passage knew that He was claiming to be God and that is why they tried to kill Him:

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by" (Jn.8:58-59).​

They took up stones to cast at Him because He was claiming to be God, the great Ï AM":

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you"
(Ex.3:14).​

6days

Jamie said:
If we are one with them then in what way are we different other than being different persons?
How are we different from God?
We are not omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient nor are we Holy. We are not the way, the truth nor are we the life. We are not unchangeable. We don't have the wisdom to understand His ways.*
Jamie said:
Once we have God's Spirit he no longer considers us flesh.*Romans 8:9
We still live in the flesh, and have "weakness".... continue reading Rom. 8*

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is difficult to discuss this subject with someone who is willing to stand reason on its head, as you do when you said this:

According to you a mere "man" can be equal to God. But why didn't you answer my question in regard to what the the Lord Jesus said here?:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (v.23).​

Do you really think that the Lord Jesus would say that men should honor Him as they honor the Father if He wasn't God?

Why would God command the angels to worship Christ if Christ was God?

The mystery of Godliness is how God has united with a man who God raised up, NOT how God became a man, or that two eternal Gods inhabited eternity.

Why does the Bible say that God was in Christ, if Christ was God?

Can God die?

Can God be tempted?

Did God have to learn wisdom?

Clearly your theories deny scripture.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess you would need to ask the giver about that.

I would suggest God gave Jesus that gift.

Jesus said, "And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.'" (Matthew 28:18)

Jerry Shugart

Can God die?

Let us look what is said about the Lord Jesus in the book of Hebrews. First, the author of that book believed that the Lord Jesus is God:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom"
(Heb.1:8).​

Then the author said that the Lord Jesus was made like us in all things:

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people" (Heb.2:17).​

So the author of Hebrews believed that the Lord Jesus is God who was made like us in every way. And since He was made like us in every way then it is obvious that He could die physically.

Jerry Shugart

It seems Jesus and Paul disagree with you.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

The Apostle John wrote those words about "eternal life" and the Lord Jesus and he believed that the Lord is God:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:20).​

Thomas, who knew the Lord Jesus, certainly believed that He is God, as witnessed by the following words that He spoke to Him:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God" (Jn.20:28).​