ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess if you disregard the scriptures that prove MAD is a lie are lies that does not leave you any resource to get out of the lies now does it ?
You have posted nothing that disproves MAD.

DAN P

2Ti 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Paul taught and believed that the OT had more than enough truth about Jesus that just by believing and trusting the OT there was sufficient truth to "make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus".

If Paul was right , and I know he was:

Mad is wrong and error on every level.

1. Since many in MAD believe (falsely) that Paul was the first in the B.O.C. because of the "mystery" he revealed HOW then could Timothy have been saved JUST by knowing the OT and been made wise in the things concerning Christ Jesus.

2. If the meaning and message of salvation was hidden as those in MAD believe ( falsely)how could Timothy have had faith in Jesus based on the OT alone ? Can you not see the " through faith in Jesus" that Paul said was available in the OT ?

Jesus said, " if they believe not Moses and the prophets neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead", and that is still true today !

Again the OT:
More than enough to believe , trust, and be saved in the OT through Moses and the prophets.

Jesus said if folks did not believe Moses and the prophets ,uh oh ! Believe what ? Obviously Jesus, faith, GRACE, and salvation through Jesus are taught in the OT ; otherwise , Jesus would have been lying when He said NEITHER will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead, which HE did !

The foundation was laid in the OT and fulfilled in the NT.

As those in MAD want to ignore the 4 gospels and all scripture except for what Paul wrote scripture says Jesus is in the WHOLE BOOK.

Psa 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Heb 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Hi and what you SEEM to read is wrong and here are some resons why !!

#1 , Notice that SCRIPTURES /GRAMMA can be translated by the following !!

By , Letter , Record , espitle , Note , writing or Sacred Writings !!

#2 The verb ARE ABLE is in the PRESENT TENSE of the MYSTERY and NOT the OT !!

#3 , To make you wise unto salvation through FAITH , not Baptism or Repentance , BUT FAITH is what saves us today !!

#4, We should NOTICE that Timothy is " in Christ " AN Rom 16:7 does not apply because those in Romans were MESSANIC Jews !!

#5 And because of 2 Cor 3:13-17 , Israel has been set aside !!

I do commend you for bring up these ISSUES and I like replying !!

dan p

Brother Vinny

Alright, at the risk of getting hit by poo, let me start with a question or few to dodge:

What model do you adhere to in understanding God's relationship to his people? Acts 2 dispensational? Covenental theology?

dodge

Wrong again.
I read every word of it.

Only in you vivid imagination.

The following verse would be a lie if MAD was correct.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Jesus would be a liar if MAD was right He said:

If they believe not Moses and the prophets neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

MAD has no problem with that verse, or any verse.

If they believe not Moses and the prophets neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.
The risen Lord Jesus Christ is the one that told
Paul what to teach.
MAD knows this.

john w

Hall of Fame
As per MAD script do NOT discuss the actual scriptures DE-rail the thread with pointless points .

So, let me get this straight- You say MAD does NOT discuss the actual scriptures DE-rail the thread with pointless points? Is that it?

john w

Hall of Fame

OUT OF CONTEXT.

QED.

glorydaz

Paul taught and believed that the OT had more than enough truth about Jesus that just by believing and trusting the OT there was sufficient truth to "make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus".

If Paul was right , and I know he was:

Mad is wrong and error on every level.

1. Since many in MAD believe (falsely) that Paul was the first in the B.O.C. because of the "mystery" he revealed HOW then could Timothy have been saved JUST by knowing the OT and been made wise in the things concerning Christ Jesus.

You're wrong in assuming Paul thought the OT was all Timothy had or needed. The OT includes the law which is the schoolmaster until faith comes. Timothy's grandmother and mother heard the Gospel preached by Paul and believed...just as Timothy did (son begotten by the gospel). Paul also laid hands on Timothy when he was first saved.

Paul calls Timothy his son...whom he had begotten through the gospel. Timothy was saved when he believed Paul's Gospel.

1 Cor. 4:15-17
For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.​

2 Tim. 1:2-6 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.