Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
My point is that marijuana is a mind altering/behavior changing drug, cigarettes aren't.

Actually....That's not quite true. :plain:

"It is well recognized that nicotine is the major psychoactive ingredient in tobacco and may act as an antidepressant. Both acute and chronic use of nicotine significantly improves the performance of experimental rat model independently of locomotor activity [Vazquez-Palacios et al. 2004; Tizabi et al. 1999]."

Smoking and Depression: Is Smoking Cessation Effective?

Stimulants are a class of psychoactive drug that increase activity in the brain.

"Using advanced neuroimaging technology, research is beginning to show that nicotine may not be the only psychoactive ingredient in tobacco."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually....That's not quite true

It is true (Tom uses a study done with rat's, how appropriate for a Libertarian thread). To my knowledge, no one has ever beaten up his wife after smoking a cigarette or cigar. As mentioned, no one has ever been pulled over for DUI and been asked by the police officer: "Sir, did you use Copehagen chewing tobacco prior to entering your vehicle?"

Etc. etc. etc.

Keep pushing dope legalization Tom, because that's what Libertarians like you do.

BTW, has anyone stopped to think that maybe the reason Eran's place of employment doesn't have a pre employment drug policy (pre employment drug tests are standard practice throughout the hospitality industry) is because the person who wrote the policy might be a drug user himself?

"What, you want ME to take a drug test? But I was the one that wrote it!"

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It is true Tom. To my knowledge, no one has ever beaten up his wife after smoking a cigarette or cigar. As mentioned, no one has ever been pulled over for DUI and been asked by the police officer: "Sir, did you use Copehagen chewing tobacco prior to entering your vehicle?"

Etc. etc. etc.

:yawn: That's not what you posted though. You didn't post anything regarding actual behaviors of people under nicotine influence you merely stated that is was not a "mind altering behavior changing drug"...Which is (Since you are not backing off of the claim but rather seeking to further cloud the issue.) either an attempt at obfusacation or an outright lie.

Keep pushing dope legalization Tom, because that's what Libertarians like you do.

...And you keep lying and misrepresenting people because that's what weak little wolves like you do. :e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:yawn: That's not what you posted though. You didn't post anything regarding actual behaviors of people under nicotine influence you merely stated that is was not a "mind altering behavior changing drug"...Which is (Since you are not backing off of the claim but rather seeking to further cloud the issue.) either an attempt at obfusacation or an outright lie.

Go ahead Tom, show me a case where a black guy high on cigars drove recklessly through the streets of Los Angeles on March 3, 1991 and after fighting numerous police officers, was arrested.

There must be plenty of examples out there where people hiiiiiiigh on tobacco not only had their mental state altered, but behavior as well.

...And you keep lying and misrepresenting people because that's what wolves like you do. :e4e:

Poor Tommy, did I hurt your wittle Libertarian feelings?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Go ahead Tom, show me a case where a black guy high on cigars drove recklessly through the streets of Los Angeles on March 3, 1991 and after fighting numerous police officers, was arrested.

My my my...You are a sad little man...Still can't grasp your own failings. :chuckle:

There must be plenty of examples out there where people hiiiiiiigh on tobacco not only had their mental state altered, but behavior as well.

I'm not sure...How many people have stolen money or shoplifted to get "smokes"? :)

Poor Tommy, did I hurt your wittle Libertarian feelings?

For that to happen I'd have to have some small measure of respect, or failing that, at least minimal regard for your opinions. :chuckle:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your turn Tom:

1) Does your place of employment have a pre employment drug test, and a policy once you're employed prohibiting recreational drug use?

2) Does your place of employment allow tobacco products to be used while on a break?

3). Does your place of employment allow you to consume an alcoholic beverage the night before you report for work, as long as you don't report to work in a condition that would be deemed as intoxicated?

The stage is yours Tom.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Your turn Tom:

1) Does your place of employment have a pre employment drug test, and a policy once you're employed prohibiting recreational drug use?

2) Does your place of employment allow tobacco products to be used while on a break?

3). Does your place of employment allow you to consume an alcoholic beverage the night before you report for work, as long as you don't report to work in a condition that would be deemed as intoxicated?

The stage is yours Tom.

:chuckle:

image.png

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
When you learn to be honest you may have better responses. :yawn:

Ok Tom, be "honest" about your stance on the legalization of marijuana. You will have your words written here for all to understand.

After that, answer my questions from an earlier post about drug testing, etc.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Ok Tom, be "honest" about your stance on the legalization of marijuana. You will have your words written here for all to understand.

I favor legalization of marijuana provided, like alcohol, it be regulated/taxed. I've already stated this...But here it is again. :e4e:

After that, answer my questions from an earlier post about drug testing, etc.

:chuckle: Still confused where you stand with me little man?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I favor legalization of marijuana provided, like alcohol, it be regulated/taxed. I've already stated this...But here it is again.

Your stance on marijuana legalization is in print, no one can alter it.

BTW Tom, are you a dope smoker yourself?

Still confused where you stand with me little man?

I'm confused because I didn't see an answer to my question from above in your short post.

Here it is again:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Your turn Tom:

The stage is yours Tom.

:chuckle:

image.png

Asked and answered! :chuckle: :e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

BTW Tom, are you a dope smoker yourself?

Used to be....Quit about 25 years ago.

But Tom...

[Marijuana] just isn't that harmful of a drug and should be classified along with alcohol and tobacco which are both much more harmful.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3783690&postcount=338

why on earth would you quit if smoking dope isn't that harmful?

I can only hope that you didn't have a "harmful" glass of wine or beer with dinner last night, as you'll be lucky to be alive at the end of the day if you did.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Just really didn't fit with me too much any more I guess. It was more of a phase-out type state of affairs...It just didn't show up in my life too much...and then it was gone.

:idunno:

I can only hope that you didn't have a "harmful" glass of wine or beer with dinner last night, as you'll be lucky to be alive at the end of the day if you did.

:think: Well, I can see how that would be a concern with marijuanna at the present time, but thankfully beer is legal so I don't have to worry about some overzealous cop breaking in my front door and shooting me over it.

:e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Just really didn't fit with me too much any more I guess. It was more of a phase-out type state of affairs...It just didn't show up in my life too much...and then it was gone.

Well then, with dope being legal in both WA and CO, I can't think of a better time for you to take it up again. Come on out to WA or CO and toke away Tom, as it's not only legal, it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardofOz
"...just isn't that harmful".

Quote:

Well, I can see how that would be a concern with marijuanna at the present time...but!...Thankfully beer is legal so I don't have to worry about some overzelous cop breaking in my front door and shooting me over it.

We're currently talking about the health concerns of dope vs alcoholic beverages such as beer and wine, not the legality of either.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Well then, with dope being legal in both WA and CO, I can't think of a better time for you to take it up again. Come on out to WA or CO and toke away Tom, as it's not only legal, it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardofOz
"...just isn't that harmful".

:think: Maybe I will.

We're currently talking about the health concerns of dope vs alcoholic beverages such as beer and wine, not the legality of either.

I'd say getting shot is pretty detrimental to ones health! :AMR: