My Ignored List

IMJerusha

exactly they call their own rewritten bible, the scriptures, thats what people dont understand.

They like mormons teach that our bible was corrupted mistranslated. Hence the NWT and the BOM

You do realize that is the exact same thing Protestants said about Catholics. And then there are those who believe that the only Bible that is true is the KJV 1611. We have a dear friend who was constantly stating this until we showed him an actual KJV 1611. Then I showed him a Geneva for which people were killed for having in their possession. The KJV 1611 held a Church of England doctrine (Catholicism with divorce okay and a royal attempt to swing people back to Catholicism). This is the biggest reason our family consults multiple translations. I don't read the Book of Mormon because I am not a Mormon in agreement with Mormon doctrine. I won't read the NWT because I am not a JW in agreement with JW doctrine. (Well, I may read it just to see how it differs from others) I don't read the Talmud because I am not in agreement with Jewish Rabbinic tradition (I have read a lot of it though for comparison to Yeshua.) I hope this makes sense to you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I was sincere in the OP and meant what I said. If I had any intention in going back on what I had said then I wouldn't have wasted a single moment in the thought of it, let alone doing it.

Being double minded is not something I suffer from. If someone is promoting that which is opposed to the truth then it is my prerogative to dismiss the message and the messenger. If there were at any time a show of genuine repentance then it would cause me to embrace the messenger as a brother.

They that are strong aught to bear with the infirmities of the weaker brethren

IMJerusha

Lying? Ouch IMJ! :think: Ask questions before accusing, please!

Link.

Please don't think we are just passing along wives tales without investigation or asking, at least, for proof if you can't find it yourself.

Lon, you misunderstood me also. My point was that I don't see why Mormons would lie about their core beliefs. I'm not accusing anyone.

IMJerusha

Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. It seems you are the one denying that fact...not I. Move to the other side of the cross to find LIFE.

Right. Matthew 5:19-20 "Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 13:52 "He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”

You've interpreted Scripture to match your doctrine. Many have.....no, pretty much all have. It doesn't change their core belief in the God of Israel, Yeshua HaMasiach, His Son and Ruach HaKodesh. You choose to condemn, like Truster, because of your doctrinal holdings. I won't. Yeshua is Mashiach or in other words, Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I know He is yours also. You don't like Truster because he's done to you what you have done to others and on a much grander scale. If it wasn't so wrong and so sad, I would say it was funny.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I consider myself to be that weaker brother.

Well Paul was talking about enduring the insults from each other and quotes psalm 69 pointing out Messiah bearing reproaches from His enemies. Interesting that Paul would compare how we insult fellow brothers with how the enemies taunted Messiah as He hung on the cross. Then Paul prays for us to likewise endure these from each other. I think ignoring cult teaching counterfeits is the right way to go but not doable for unruly brothers. They are to be forgiven so that they can see our agape and learn spiritual truth, it is an opportunity for their edification. Actually the more insulting the better, more opportunity to help out if you will.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Right. Matthew 5:19-20 "Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 13:52 "He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”

You've interpreted Scripture to match your doctrine. Many have. It doesn't change their core belief in the God of Israel, Yeshua HaMasiach, His Son and Ruach HaKodesh. You choose to condemn, like Truster, because of your doctrinal holdings. I won't.

But, You interpret Scripture to match your doctrine IMJ? Isn't that
curious?

Truster

Well Paul was talking about enduring the insults from each other and quotes psalm 69 pointing out Messiah bearing reproaches from His enemies. Interesting that Paul would compare how we insult fellow brothers with how the enemies taunted Messiah as He hung on the cross. Then Paul prays for us to likewise endure these from each other. I think ignoring cult teaching counterfeits is the right way to go but not doable for unruly brothers. They are to be forgiven so that they can see our agape and learn spiritual truth, it is an opportunity for their edification. Actually the more insulting the better, more opportunity to help out if you will.

When dealing with brothers and sisters I do deal gently. It's the enemies of truth and those that are obviously anti-Messiah that get up my nose.

I've been posting online since I got my first computer about 11 years ago. I have met men of every conceivable spirit and am wary by force of experience.
I have been suckered in by pretenders and held on the ropes. I have been attacked by the most devilish of atheists and dragged down the road by the force of their vehicles (teachings)
I spent a long time on an atheist website and was amazed to discover the depth of their knowledge. Discovering most of them had been brought up in ''christian homes'' seen the hypocrisy at work at home and in church and walked away.
The problem most of them had was through being taught about how much the ''God'' they worshipped was a God of love and then asking themselves if that is the case why does he allow pain, suffering, wars , famine etc and so forth. They then worked out that if He was Almighty and was love then ""IF HE EXISTED HE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!''' Having then reason He didn't exist they became violent atheists.

Those that doubt also become violent against the truth.

IMJerusha

If I'm against him/her, you can bet there's a pretty good reason for it.
This guy came in gang busta's judgmental on uz. It wuz like a verbal drive-by. Bang! you aren't saved! Bang! You aren't a Christian, you're an atheist! Stomp! You're pearls suck! Blast! You child of the Devil!

Interesting, shades of JohnW.

Haven't seen the like of it on here....

That's hooey, open your eyes. I understand that you're hurt and I hurt for you and anyone who gets come down on because of their faith in God, Yeshua and the Ruach. It's wrong behavior. It violates the prime directive of Yeshua.

ever for realz, Ree. I was trying to get kids off the TOL streets and someone put me on iggy-ear for yelling at the dude for blastin' in TOLtown and shootin' it up, Qwerty-tires squeeling and flippin' Sacred Name gang signs all over the place. I ain't lying, dawg.

Friendships within the Body, if they are real and true, can be repaired with love and forgiveness. This is my prayer for you and Studentx.

I didn't think a rival 'Christian' gang was that violent, but it was bloody red ink.
That's whack! My posse was grieving, Holmes. He must be good-looking or drive a thumpin' Theology ride 'cuz there were some of my TOLhome peeps and neighbors dissen' on me, yo? That ain't fly.

There shouldn't be rival Christians. I'm beginning to think that this is what Yeshua meant when he spoke of brother against brother, etc.

I haven't been too violent but I started posting up TOL posters and in-thread shout-outs, then I get pops for specking on the 'new dude' and his fancy rig or whatever.

You're a caring person.

I was like "Come on? For reelz?" And it was like "Homeboyz new, G. Let the boy fly." An' I was like, wit dat doctrine gun piece rat-a-tat tat, you know what I'm sayin'? And they and you wuz like...."Whatever!"

Condemnation within the Body isn't supposed to "fly". Again, it violates Yeshua's prime directive. You understand this.

And I was like, "Man, that ain't right."

That's the skinny on this rap so far.

We talked about this. We don't agree with Truster's doctrine, or his behavior, but it doesn't change the fact that he is a Brother. There ought to be a way we can work through this but it's a fact that Truster has to be willing. Maybe we're too far into the end times to be able to set aside our doctrines for the sake of Yeshua.

glorydaz

We talked about this. We don't agree with Truster's doctrine, or his behavior, but it doesn't change the fact that he is a Brother. There ought to be a way we can work through this but it's a fact that Truster has to be willing.

You simply have no discernment...you can't see the tail sticking out from under the sheep's costume. Others can...which is why we are called to point out those pointy ears you don't seem to notice.

IMJerusha

I'm thinking that's partially right and partially twisted. “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 I know a lot of people who would say that doesn't apply to us but only to Yeshua's disciples. KWIM?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When dealing with brothers and sisters I do deal gently. It's the enemies of truth and those that are obviously anti-Messiah that get up my nose.

I've been posting online since I got my first computer about 11 years ago. I have met men of every conceivable spirit and am wary by force of experience.
I have been suckered in by pretenders and held on the ropes. I have been attacked by the most devilish of atheists and dragged down the road by the force of their vehicles (teachings)
I spent a long time on an atheist website and was amazed to discover the depth of their knowledge. Discovering most of them had been brought up in ''christian homes'' seen the hypocrisy at work at home and in church and walked away.
The problem most of them had was through being taught about how much the ''God'' they worshipped was a God of love and then asking themselves if that is the case why does he allow pain, suffering, wars , famine etc and so forth. They then worked out that if He was Almighty and was love then ""IF HE EXISTED HE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!''' Having then reason He didn't exist they became violent atheists.

Those that doubt also become violent against the truth.

You should have bought a radio instead!

IMJerusha

You simply have no discernment...you can't see the tail sticking out from under the sheep's costume. Others can...which is why we are called to point out those pointy ears you don't seem to notice.

Everyone is capable of having pointy ears. If you're bent on condemnation, that is what you will reap. I can't stop you. All I can do is try to love you as Yeshua commanded in spite of it. BTW, it might surprise you that Lon agreed with me. So I guess you think he has no discernment either?

glorydaz

You've interpreted Scripture to match your doctrine. Many have.....no, pretty much all have. It doesn't change their core belief in the God of Israel, Yeshua HaMasiach, His Son and Ruach HaKodesh. You choose to condemn, like Truster, because of your doctrinal holdings. I won't. Yeshua is Mashiach or in other words, Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I know He is yours also. You don't like Truster because he's done to you what you have done to others and on a much grander scale. If it wasn't so wrong and so sad, I would say it was funny.

Spoken like the school girl you are. :chuckle:

Have you yet been humbled enough to see you are not perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect? Which is, of course, Jesus' parting remark in the chapter you quote. If not, then the law has not yet fulfilled it's purpose in you, and you are still under the schoolmaster. Which is what I've been telling you over and over again.

Galatians 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​