Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Dear noguru,

First of all, you are a Christian, but you call me an idiot and a clueless fool. Jesus said, 'but whosoever shall say "You fool" shall be in danger of hell fire (Matt. 5:22). You are the one in need of some manners for sure. The Christian by proclamation to others, but doesn't act like one. Interesting!

MichaelC

But Michael, what you do not realize is that you call others fool before they even blatantly come out and say the same to you. I have clearly outlined why you are a fool. You just chose to couch that in pleasant sounding religious ideas. You call others a fool because of the "visions" you have had. How do you know Jesus was not referring to people like you?

I have always been very introspective in my life. I always look at my own faults first. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Though the advantage is longer lasting and gives me the courage to be honest and look squarely at any possible delusion/illusions in life. I have covered the ground you are now just covering. And I cannot "not know what I already know".

Ultimately your claims do not line up with reality even 50% of the time. You are clearly more deluded than a good percentage of the people I have met.

noguru

Dear gcthomas,

Well, I am wrong about your feathered reptile evidently. Thanks to Stuu!! I'm sorry about my faux pax. But I still do believe God created him, not evolution. So don't think I've changed my position about that. But please accept my apology, if you choose.

MichaelC

What you need to do is shut your mouth about subjects with which you have little understanding. Your "visions" do not count as objective reality. They might be just the workings of a very delusional mind. And judging from the way you deal with things we can see, I tend to side with the fact that you should not even trust your "visions".

6days

Dear Stuu,

It's a dinosaur, not a reptile. I would imagine that Pterodactyls had feathers too, but maybe not.

Thanks for your efforts VERY MUCH!!

MichaelC
Michael, they are trying to con you.

Have you ever heard the story ' The king has no clothes'?
People pretended to see clothes although he wasn't wearing any.

Well, its a similar story with the squirrel. Evolutionist want to see feathers so they do.

Stuu

Michael, they are trying to con you.

Have you ever heard the story ' The king has no clothes'?
People pretended to see clothes although he wasn't wearing any.

Well, its a similar story with the squirrel. Evolutionist want to see feathers so they do.
Who claimed that squirrels have feathers??

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I know. It looked more like it's bones than any feathers. But I conceded because I am not above apologizing for something, if I am Wrong. Stuu, he is talking about your fossil with feathers, not a squirrel exactly. So where have you been Stuu?? All of a sudden, you appear again.

Thanks so very much 6days!!

God Bless Your Heart Til You Can't Handle It Anymore!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But Michael, what you do not realize is that you call others fool before they even blatantly come out and say the same to you. I have clearly outlined why you are a fool. You just chose to couch that in pleasant sounding religious ideas. You call others a fool because of the "visions" you have had. How do you know Jesus was not referring to people like you?

I have always been very introspective in my life. I always look at my own faults first. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage. Though the advantage is longer lasting and gives me the courage to be honest and look squarely at any possible delusion/illusions in life. I have covered the ground you are now just covering. And I cannot "not know what I already know".

Ultimately your claims do not line up with reality even 50% of the time. You are clearly more deluded than a good percentage of the people I have met.

Dear noguru,

I do not call others fools. You are putting those words in my mouth, not me. My claims add up to over 90% or more. You will find that to be true within a year or two, and max. five years. I tend to figure less than a year though, to be honest. We will then see who among us is deluded and who is more of a Christian. You call yourself a Christian, but do not hold the Creation story from God dear. Instead you go off onto other tangents of how things were 'created.' For shame on you!!

Michael

alwight

You [noguru]call yourself a Christian, but do not hold the Creation story from God dear. Instead you go off onto other tangents of how things were 'created.' For shame on you!!

Michael
Michael, as you now know, when you know how things actually do work then you can put that knowledge into practical use, as in your case since you can now quote someone's post when you respond.
For many people, religious or not, how this world and universe actually works and what are the natural laws of physics is rather more important to them than blind adherence to every word from an ancient scripture.
You however otoh may well be content to believe literally in the Genesis creation account rather than dare think that it may in fact be more allegorical than factual. You may be content that the Bible is the literal truth simply because it is the Bible. That's up to you.
But imo there is no reason at all why all Christians need to share your blind faith and total acceptance in a literal Bible especially if real evidence and facts seem to show that the things you are liable to read in the Bible ain't necessarily so.
(Apologies to George Gershwin)

Last edited:

6days

MichaelCadry said:
Well, I am wrong about your feathered reptile evidently. Thanks to Stuu!! I'm sorry about my faux pax.
Michael...sorry to repeat this, but they really are conning you. That fossil has no feathers. I think there are very few if any paleontologists, or other scientists who would make that claim. Claims like that are usually taken off of bloggers evolutionist websites, and not from knowledgeable scientists.

It is evolutionists who need and want to see feathers so they do. It is simply a blind faith.

MichaelCadry said:
But I still do believe God created him, not evolution. So don't think I've changed my position about that. But please accept my apology, if you choose
Home run with that remark Michael!

It does not really matter if this fossil is a feathered reptile.( which it does not seem to be) It still is a creature created by God.

gcthomas

It is evolutionists who need and want to see feathers so they do. It is simply a blind faith.

Who needed to see dinosaurs with feathers? Did anyone predict it as a necessary part of evolutionary theory?

Answers: No-one and No.

It makes no difference to the veracity of evolution, and was but a nice surprise.

That it fits neatly in with the rest of evolution and not with YECism is your problem, not ours.

Reality must suck for YECs, mustn't it?

alwight

Michael...sorry to repeat this, but they really are conning you. That fossil has no feathers. I think there are very few if any paleontologists, or other scientists who would make that claim. Claims like that are usually taken off of bloggers evolutionist websites, and not from knowledgeable scientists.
Nonsense, the BBC website is no blog and Feathered Dinosaurs are pretty much accepted facts. Perhaps you would like to cite any serious palaeontologists (who have no creationist agenda preferably) who doubt that such creatures existed?

"But feathers were not just confined to the small. From caudipteryx to sinosauropteryx and the 8-metre-long gigantoraptor, feathers may have been used for flight, for insulation or even to intimate and attract. These dinosaurs not only hint at how animals might have developed flight, but also suggest that dinosaurs may still live among us today - as birds."

(BBC Source)

"Dinosaur feather evolution trapped in Canadian amber"

_55386192_mckellar8hr.jpg

(BBC Source)

Why? What would be the purpose of having an agenda like that to believe such a thing, unless that is what the evidence indeed suggests?

6days

6days said:
alwight said:
Michael...sorry to repeat this, but they really are conning you. That fossil has no feathers. I think there are very few if any paleontologists, or other scientists who would make that claim. Claims like that are usually taken off of bloggers evolutionist websites, and not from knowledgeable scientists
Nonsense, the BBC website is no blog and Feathered Dinosaurs are pretty much accepted facts. Perhaps you would like to cite any serious palaeontologists (who have no creationist agenda preferably) who doubt that such creatures existed?

Alwight... Are you being straight up..... or deceptive?

We were talking about a fossil dinosaur where 'someone' claimed it had feathers.

Like most evolutionists on this site, you love to switch and bait.

Instead of the fossil dinosaur we were discussing, you switch to bits of amber where we don't know what type of animal it belonged to.

The BBC article you use is from the journal SCIENCE... What it says about these bits of amber in the article is "Neither avian nor dinosaurian skeletal material has been found in direct association with amber at the Grassy Lake locality...."

Another orintologist,Richard Plum says“The lack of any other remains in the amber—a distinctive bit of bone, say, or a shred of skin—leaves open the possibility that the structures aren't associated with dinosaurs at all.... "

6days said:
alwight said:
Why? What would be the purpose of having an agenda like that to believe such a thing, unless that is what the evidence indeed suggests?

Why do evolutionists have an agenda regarding feathers?? Simple...They are desperate to explain how feathers might evolve. And as shown from your example, they use blind faith...not logic. The site where this amber was found did include modern bird feathers, so why do they use tiny bits of feathers in amber and claim it was from dinosaur?... deception.

gcthomas

Who needed to see dinosaurs with feathers? Did anyone predict it as a necessary part of evolutionary theory?

Answers: No-one and No.

It makes no difference to the veracity of evolution, and was but a nice surprise.

That it fits neatly in with the rest of evolution and not with YECism is your problem, not ours.

Reality must suck for YECs, mustn't it?

Why do evolutionists have an agenda regarding feathers?? Simple...They are desperate to explain how feathers might evolve. And as shown from your example, they use blind faith...not logic.

We couldn't care less whether dinosaurs had feathers or not, as I wrote above. It is not critical to evolution either way. It is YECs who MUST deny the origin of birds from their dinosaur ancestors, and that is why you attack the idea.

We are just defending reality from all comers. Not that reality needs defending, of course.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
We couldn't care less whether dinosaurs had feathers or not, as I wrote above. It is not critical to evolution either way. It is YECs who MUST deny the origin of birds from their dinosaur ancestors, and that is why you attack the idea.

We are just defending reality from all comers. Not that reality needs defending, of course.

:rotfl:

I love it when they try to find some arcane hypothetical loophole and thus force you to spend time trying to imagine contradictions in their counter-scientific method... and THEN to add insult to murder, they tell you that you're obsessed with it.

They're parroting a YEC, I've heard this argument used about eyes - that evolutionists are "obsessed" with eyes, since they got proven wrong that it couldn't evolve on its own. =S Weird.

6days

:rotfl:

I love it when they try to find some arcane hypothetical loophole and thus force you to spend time trying to imagine contradictions in their counter-scientific method... and THEN to add insult to murder, they tell you that you're obsessed with it.

They're parroting a YEC, I've heard this argument used about eyes - that evolutionists are "obsessed" with eyes, since they got proven wrong that it couldn't evolve on its own. =S Weird.
You have things a bit backwards.
Feathers existed right from the beginning. They are found on very early birds such as archaeopteryx. Creationists have NO problem at all with feathers.

And regarding eyes... It is the evolutionists who have been proven wrong with silly arguments like the backward wired retina and the "blind" spot.
Question.... If evolutionists wish to argue that poor design is evidence against an intelligent Designer; then later when that design is shown to be optimal, can we say that good design is evidence FOR our Creator?

gcthomas

Question.... If evolutionists wish to argue that poor design is evidence against an intelligent Designer; then later when that design is shown to be optimal, can we say that good design is evidence FOR our Creator?

Most features of most organism are NOT globally optimal (the best possible solution), just locally optimal (making the best of a bad situation), which argues more in favour of evolution than special creation.

alwight

Alwight... Are you being straight up..... or deceptive?
:plain:
I at least am honest enough to bother getting attributed quotes attributed to the right people. :(

We were talking about a fossil dinosaur where 'someone' claimed it had feathers.
However the point in this thread is whether it is reasonable to believe that some dinosaurs had feathers, not whether on one specific example it was arguably unclear. There is a strong case for feathered dinosaurs to which accepting it or not is the real question, not whether one can perhaps claim somebody is being dishonest about one fossil.

Like most evolutionists on this site, you love to switch and bait.

Instead of the fossil dinosaur we were discussing, you switch to bits of amber where we don't know what type of animal it belonged to.
This topic is about Creation V Evolution before you accuse me of switching anything. The validity of one example of evidence is a side-track. If that particular evidence is not good enough then as I've shown there is always more.

The BBC article you use is from the journal SCIENCE... What it says about these bits of amber in the article is "Neither avian nor dinosaurian skeletal material has been found in direct association with amber at the Grassy Lake locality...."

Another orintologist,Richard Plum says“The lack of any other remains in the amber—a distinctive bit of bone, say, or a shred of skin—leaves open the possibility that the structures aren't associated with dinosaurs at all.... "
I used that site to demonstrate that you were wrong that such things are only found on individual blog sites. The BBC however is clearly a reputable source with a high visibility that can't afford to have it's reputation tarnished, as no doubt it would be if it didn't present proper robust unbiased and rigorous science in its science sections.

Why do evolutionists have an agenda regarding feathers??
Yes do tell...

Simple...They are desperate to explain how feathers might evolve. And as shown from your example, they use blind faith...not logic. The site where this amber was found did include modern bird feathers, so why do they use tiny bits of feathers in amber and claim it was from dinosaur?... deception.
I don't suppose that your agenda rather requires that you are obliged to assume deception and dishonesty when really there is no such thing?
But you didn't answer the question I noticed, why would "evolutionists" even want to fabricate such a thing if the evidence didn't really support it?
Evolution is simply what so far best explains all the physical evidence naturally, there is no agenda by "evolutionists" that I know of that requires eliminating anyone's supernatural gods for it still to be the best natural answer. :idunno:

6days

alwight said:
6days said:
However the point in this thread is whether it is reasonable to believe that some dinosaurs had feathers, not whether on one specific example it was arguably unclear.
Not really..... We were talking about one specific example. Michael had asked for a picture of a feathered reptile. Then Stu posted the picture with the dishonest caption.

I don't agree with the religious opinion Michael made following the dishonest picture and caption, but you decided to lecture him about " real evidence and scientific rigorous endeavour.". Haaa. You have to admit that is funny .... you were willing to let the fake evidence and dishonest captions have a pass, because it fit into your religious views.

alwight said:
There is a strong case for feathered dinosaurs to which accepting it or not is the real question, not whether one can perhaps claim somebody is being dishonest about one fossil.
I have no problem accepting a "strong case" that some dinosaurs had feathers, IF there really is a strong case. But if there is a strong case, then why are the two examples provided here both dishonest?

In the example you provided, why didn't you provide information from the research that said this item in amber may not be a feather, and that it may not be from a dinosaur? (Because the BBC did not give you the full information?). Typically evolutionists do not provide all the information because they want people to believe.

alwight said:
6days said:

I used that site to demonstrate that you were wrong that such things are only found on individual blog sites. The BBC however is clearly a reputable source with a high visibility that can't afford to have it's reputation tarnished, as no doubt it would be if it didn't present proper robust unbiased and rigorous science in its science sections.

If that is why you used the BBC piece, it miserably failed for two reasons.

1. What "such things" did I say?

Here it is... I said "That fossil has no feathers. I think there are very few if any paleontologists, or other scientists who would make that claim. Claims like that are usually taken off of bloggers evolutionist websites, and not from knowledgeable scientists." Your BBC link is something completely different from the fossil I referred to.

2. BBC is not a highly reputable source. They are often dishonest similar to the National Geographic.

Example... Lets use your link..."Dinosaur feather evolution trapped in Canadian amber". Read their article... It does not even hint at the truth that they don't know what animal the 'feather' came from. (It does state that in the original article, but BBC chose not to tell you that part)

alwight

6days said:
However the point in this thread is whether it is reasonable to believe that some dinosaurs had feathers, not whether on one specific example it was arguably unclear.
Not really..... We were talking about one specific example. Michael had asked for a picture of a feathered reptile. Then Stu posted the picture with the dishonest caption.

I don't agree with the religious opinion Michael made following the dishonest picture and caption, but you decided to lecture him about " real evidence and scientific rigorous endeavour.". Haaa. You have to admit that is funny .... you were willing to let the fake evidence and dishonest captions have a pass, because it fit into your religious views.
Evidence is there to be examined, if you think that a particular piece of evidence doesn’t show what it’s claimed then by all means that is a reasonable thing to argue providing your criticism is reasonable and based on just the evidence. If you are right and are successfully convincing then that evidence can be rejected. But in this case however you still won’t get to show that no dinosaurs ever had feathers (or earlier versions of feathers) by doing so.
The opinion of most natural scientists in the field imo is clearly that dinosaurs became birds, such as indicated by my BBC source as an example. If you dispute that then let’s hear exactly why you think so, don’t just assert it. As a matter of fact IIRC I didn’t see any signs of feathers either in that particular image, but I’ve seen many other images of fossils that I find rather convincingly do show feathers. I really don’t see any reason to have to “fake” any evidence presented to Michael and I don’t think anyone was trying to do that.

There is a strong case for feathered dinosaurs to which accepting it or not is the real question, not whether one can perhaps claim somebody is being dishonest about one fossil.
I have no problem accepting a "strong case" that some dinosaurs had feathers, IF there really is a strong case. But if there is a strong case, then why are the two examples provided here both dishonest?

In the example you provided, why didn't you provide information from the research that said this item in amber may not be a feather, and that it may not be from a dinosaur? (Because the BBC did not give you the full information?). Typically evolutionists do not provide all the information because they want people to believe.
As above I don’t think there was any dishonesty. In my case the text I quoted clearly indicated that the general scientific conclusion is that feathered dinosaurs were regarded as factual, while you insisted such opinions were confined to individual bloggers, which is untrue.
I would also expect early feathers to be an earlier form, in the process of evolving from hairs, as apparently was indicated in my link. Your generalising assumptions of what typically, all “evolutionists’” believe, perhaps says more about your bias and agenda than anyone else’s.
Quote:
6days said:

If that is why you used the BBC piece, it miserably failed for two reasons.

1. What "such things" did I say?

Here it is... I said "That fossil has no feathers. I think there are very few if any paleontologists, or other scientists who would make that claim. Claims like that are usually taken off of bloggers evolutionist websites, and not from knowledgeable scientists." Your BBC link is something completely different from the fossil I referred to.
Again the only valid point here is whether evidence exists that some dinosaurs seem to have had feathers, not whether you didn’t find a specific example convincing and was therefore part of a typical supposed “evolutionist” ploy, instead simply ask for a better one!

2. BBC is not a highly reputable source. They are often dishonest similar to the National Geographic.

Example... Lets use your link..."Dinosaur feather evolution trapped in Canadian amber". Read their article... It does not even hint at the truth that they don't know what animal the 'feather' came from. (It does state that in the original article, but BBC chose not to tell you that part)
You’ve concentrated on one of my links, but I really don’t think you have shown that in any way that the BBC was not using anything but reputable scientific conclusions derived many different sources.
It is after all a public organisation that will quickly find itself under attack from science itself if it is wrong. But I can at least accept that it sometimes needs to popularise its science programs else it wouldn’t get the wide audiences and indeed respect that in fact it does get around the world.
However I really can’t accept that any typical “evolutionist” fakery agenda is going on in the BBC’s hallowed halls, while much of its output is made for our UK Open University as part of genuine and valid respected degree courses. So as a fair and honest guide to currently accepted science then only a "typical" YEC might want to knock it perhaps. :plain:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of you, I believe it was noguru, told me some reptiles had feathers. And I asked him to send me pics of them. Just go back a few pages and posts.to find out or ask noguru. And I am far from being a YEC. And whether they had feathers or not doesn't matter. God still created them.

Michael

noguru

One of you, I believe it was noguru, told me some reptiles had feathers. And I asked him to send me pics of them. Just go back a few pages and posts.to find out or ask noguru. And I am far from being a YEC. And whether they had feathers or not doesn't matter. God still created them.

Michael

It was not me who posted that. Though I do not dispute that some of the ancient species of reptiles we know as dinosaurs had feathers. If you are truly curious about the evidence then you can surely investigate it yourself. That is if you really want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.