This beach cruiser: :)

electra-7d-cruiser-sea-foam.jpg

zoo22

don't wanna
won't do it
can't make me

I won't wear a helmet
I won't donate my organs

Okay. No problem. Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you be an organ donor?

But that aside, I'm not kidding about the helmet thing. Motorcyclists and bicyclists that are great for transplant recipients because when they die, they usually die from a head injury. When states enact helmet laws, transplants drop drastically. When states repeal helmet laws, transplants increase dramatically. Head injuries. It's terrible. It's obviously much more about motorcyclists, but bikes too... And some series damage can happen on a bike. Well, off it. Bikes are great, I think people should ride bikes. But if something goes wrong, which happens, sometimes it's not so great. I've seen a lot of people launched over their handlebars.

and

I am not as stupid as you are

Okay. Except about wearing bike helmets. But good point about me being more stupid than you. I decided to edit my post to take "stupidity" out. That was stupid of me to have written it that way. But you know, as far as me wanting you to wear a helmet when you ride a bike, it's because I don't want you to be hurt, not because of transplants. Say a liberal rabbit startled you in the park, or an inconsiderate liberal dog owner let his dog run out in front of you, or a liberal driver swerves off the road towards you or whatever, and you instinctively hit the brakes ... Bam. You're flying. ... And we're here, asking "Where's Chrysostom? Has anyone seen Chrysostom? It's very unlike Chrysostom not to tell us if he's going to be out of town..."

:plain:

zoo22

By the way, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from riding bikes. I think more people should ride bikes. I love bikes. I'm glad you ride a bike, Chrysostom. I'm just encouraging people to wear helmets. And to be organ donors.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
how about keeping air in your tires
the smaller tires are a problem in that regard
right?
how often do you have to add air?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That cruiser looks alright, it's got more than one gear. Fixed gear bikes aren't my thing. :D

It is, but the performance is secondary to the color. :eek:

The photo doesn't do the color justice because you can't see how nicely iridescent the sea foam green is, but oh well. :chuckle:

dreadknought

how about keeping air in your tires
the smaller tires are a problem in that regard
right?
how often do you have to add air?
Actually I'm glad you mentioned the smaller tires but I'm not sure if you mean the small bmx bike that the youth fly around on or the thin rimmed road bike tire, like your Huffy?

That said, now that the temperature has dropped 30 degrees, I need to check Will's bike tires on his Schwinn Varsity. Thank you chrys. :)

Truster

I bought a specialized crossroads sport and rode it to bits. I then bought a specialized rubaix which is full carbon. This was a mistake as I prefer the lines on a hybrid rather the racing bike. I was going to have straight bars put on it, but I think I'll sell it and get back to the hybrid.

Do you ride off road Sx?

dreadknought

I bought a specialized crossroads sport and rode it to bits. I then bought a specialized rubaix which is full carbon. This was a mistake as I prefer the lines on a hybrid rather the racing bike. I was going to have straight bars put on it, but I think I'll sell it and get back to the hybrid.

Do you ride off road Sx?
Sounds like some good equipment. I had been working towards more path riding. My enjoyment has been a bit tempered so far, I popped a spoke and fell on $ problems........ again.

Truster

We have miles upon miles of cycle tracks and paths in Wales. We are really spoilt for choice. Most of the cycle tracks in Wales are reclaimed railway track. So the gradients are not steep, but they can be long, 11 miles inching your way to the top with your muscles screaming for mercy.

Hope you get the spoke sorted soon.

How do you know when you've seen a happy cyclist?

His teeth are covered in dead flies.

…hahhahhha and I kid you not that is a good description of you know who.