Why

H

Heir_to_Infinity

Hello. Cool forum site! I joined today so that I can enter into discussions, from time-to-time, regarding my favorite topic: absolute truth.

JosephR

First thing is to accept all you can perceive,,am I here. what do I observe. am I real. what is real and so on..

JosephR

ok so start to make an algorithm,am i here YES. what do I see. physical world. is it real,,yes as far as I can tell,,and we can make steps towards what we accept as reality.

Truster

Absolute truth are two of my favourite words. There are more of course, but absolute truth is like music to my ears, a beautiful view for my eyes and food for my soul. Amen and welcome.

IMJerusha

so what is absolute truth?

Good question, Dena! Happy Hanukkah, btw!

"Therefore Pilate said to Him, 'So You are a king?' Jesus answered, 'You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.' "

This is absolute truth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcome-4.gif

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
a primer in absolute reality.......

a primer in absolute reality.......

Hello. Cool forum site! I joined today so that I can enter into discussions, from time-to-time, regarding my favorite topic: absolute truth.

Welcome to TOL,

It would depend on how you define 'absolute' and 'truth'. The absolute itself, would be a 'condition' that is 'absolute' so that only what is 'absolute' can know or BE what is 'absolute'.

Absolute reality itself, is Self-evident, in as much as what is absolute is omnipresently being what it IS (self-cognizant as a tacit recognition of alive-awareness). The "I" of pure awareness would have its root or origin in the absolute, and all things conditional or relating to it would be more or less 'relative' (hence most things or theories are only relative truths or perspectives conditioned or modified by space and time, prefigured or distorted by human language and finite figures).

Absolute truth is what always IS, no matter what comes or goes, being the unchanging essense at the heart of all, remaining stable amidst all changes (it apparently includes all movements of change). Truth is what actually and always exists, fundamentally...prior to words, thoughts, images or concepts. - all else is 'relative'.....

pj