Executing homosexuals

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is curious to note that Jews, to whom the law was given, don't call for executing homosexuals, while some Christians- who are not expected to follow the law- call for executing them.

Very good point. Then again, Christians usually presume to know the Old Testament and Judaism itself better than the Jews, so...

zoo22

God instituted the death penalty for homosexual sin.
Can you honestly sit there and claim that God wanted them executed?
Really?
If so, you don't know God.

Tell me, what do you believe that God wants done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?

What do you want done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Tell me, what do you believe that God wants done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?

What does "unrepentant" have to do with it?

Do you think we feel differently about repentant v. unrepentant murderers? Why would that make a difference when it comes to queers?

genuineoriginal

Psalm 145:17-20
17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
18 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20 The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.​

Romans 12:17-21
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
G.O. you didn't answer the man! You have a tendency to
try and sway the conversation into another direction!
Simply because, you don't want to answer the question!

genuineoriginal

G.O. you didn't answer the man! You have a tendency to
try and sway the conversation into another direction!
Simply because, you don't want to answer the question!

I answered his questions.

I am still waiting for you to answer mine.

Why did God state that homosexual sex is worthy of the death penalty?

zoo22

God instituted the death penalty for homosexual sin.

Psalm 145:17-20
17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
18 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20 The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

And so... What you believe God wants done to unrepentant homosexuals?

Romans 12:17-21
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Okay. So what do you want done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I answered his questions.

I am still waiting for you to answer mine.

Why did God state that homosexual sex is worthy of the death penalty?

According to the Old Testament, an unruly unrepentant child
is to be "stoned to death!" Why do you think that was worthy
of the death penalty? Why just "cherry pick" the sin of
homosexuality, and make it a sin, worthy of death?

genuineoriginal

And so... What you believe God wants done to unrepentant homosexuals?
Okay. So what do you want done if someone is an unrepentant homosexual?
Already answered.
Let me know if you want the discussion to move forward, or if you want to be left behind.

alwight

What does "unrepentant" have to do with it?

Do you think we feel differently about repentant v. unrepentant murderers? Why would that make a difference when it comes to queers?
Of course firstly there is a whole world of difference between homosexuals who engage in consensual safe sex who don't impose themselves or sex on unwilling victims and crimes of violence committed against un-consenting unwilling third parties.

Anyway I see this seems to be more about your own feelings LH "Do you think we feel differently...". Your own personal dislike of homosexuals, which clearly doesn't require any righteous retribution in my book even if a god's did, which I doubt. :nono:

zoo22

Already answered.
Let me know if you want the discussion to move forward, or if you want to be left behind.

You're so ridiculous. It's like TSF with better grammar. You just can't answer and run from the question and answer with non-answers.

Okay. Whatever.

So what do you want done about God's command that homosexuals are put to death?

genuineoriginal

I am not making homosexuality a sin worthy of death.
God is the one that did that.

But to answer why stand up against homosexuality, the answers can be found here (I will post a few here):
Sacrificed on the Altar of Gay "Rights": Victim List
  • Angela McCaskill, a deaf African-American and 23-year veteran of Gallaudet University, was put on Adminsistative leave by the University's President after it was learned that McCaskill signed a petition at her church to put Maryland's same-sex marriage law up to voters. The gay self-appointed arbitors of "tolerance" - even a disabled Black female will not be spared their wrath.
  • Gay British actor, Rupert Everett, had to seek help from police for death threats after he made a comment that he "...could think of nothing worse than being brought up by two gay dads."
  • New york Senator Ruben Diaz was forced to seek help from the F.B.I for death threats he was getting, and for aggressive demonstrations at his house, along with family members being stalked - all for being the lone Democratic holdout on an affirmative gay marriage vote in that state.
  • David Parker of Massechusettes was ruled against by that State's Supreme Court when he protested not having the right to be notified of, and opt out his kindergarten son of gay-affirming lessons at school. Parker was thrown in jail and spent over $200,000 in legal expenses only to be ruled against. The precedent that the Court cited for ruling against him - justifying gay lessons to kindergarteners? -Gay marriage.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

1. Would you care to post the relevant passage stating that an unrepentant child should be stoned to death?
  2. Who says we're cherry picking homosexuality?