The Diary Of General Lee Boringstuff

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Diary Of General Lee Boringstuff

try posting about something that is not boring
Whatever you do, General, don't do that. :nono:

That's the problem with the world today, it's all flashing lights and whatnot, instant everything.

What I want to hear about, what I think everyone needs, is a blow by blow description of how to make a very, very good pudding. Or the tale of the turning of the screw, literally. That sort of business (personally, I think the weeds bit in your last was a bit...excited and I hope we'll have no more of that frenetic nonsense around these parts).

:thumb:

bybee

That's the problem with the world today, it's all flashing lights and whatnot, instant everything.

What I want to hear about, what I think everyone needs, is a blow by blow description of how to make a very, very good pudding. Or the tale of the turning of the screw, literally. That sort of business (personally, I think the weeds bit in your last was a bit...excited and I hope we'll have no more of that frenetic nonsense around these parts).

Gracious yes! Whhhyyyyy the lace on my snuggies went all atwitter over that grass growing extravaganza!
I'm watching cookies bake through the glass darkly in my oven door.
I may need cpr for the excitement of it all!

Arthur Brain

My humble apologies for the inclusion of such adrenaline stirring content as the proliferation of superfluous and detrimental plants. You're quite right. One is thankful that one's heart rate has now returned to normal. :e4e:

Now then, when it comes to the art of culinary desserts I have the very thing. I like to call it custard in a bowl - which by sheer good fortune happens to be what it actually is. Firstly one purchases some custard powder (No fancy brands) & then one adds hot milk (Fully skimmed, none of this full cream nonsense). Finally one waits for such to cool to room temperature and imbibes with a plastic fork. If you're feeling really adventurous one may even add a quarter teaspoon of sugar to finished product!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My word, you must really be one of those mavericks who watches post 1950's television! :shocked:
Likely wears suspenders to church. Writes with one of those new fangled pens with their own supply of internalized ink. Ink in a pen. Why? Inside of the pen. What nonsense. You can't trust that lot.

Damn progressives. Harumph.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Now then, when it comes to the art of culinary desserts I have the very thing. I like to call it custard in a bowl - which by sheer good fortune happens to be what it actually is. Firstly one purchases some custard powder (No fancy brands) & then one adds hot milk (Fully skimmed, none of this full cream nonsense). Finally one waits for such to cool to room temperature and imbibes with a plastic fork. If you're feeling really adventurous one may even add a quarter teaspoon of sugar to finished product!

Though cooked custard is a weak gel, viscous and thixotropic, a suspension of uncooked custard powder (starch) in water, with the proper proportions, has the opposite rheological property: it is negative thixotropic, or dilatant, which is to say that it becomes more viscous when under pressure. This suspension is termed oobleck and often used in science demonstrations of non-Newtonian fluids. The British popular-science programme Brainiac: Science Abuse demonstrated dilatancy dramatically by filling a swimming pool with this mixture and having presenter Jon Tickle walk across it.

You're welcome. General Lee speaking. :e4e:

bybee

Though cooked custard is a weak gel, viscous and thixotropic, a suspension of uncooked custard powder (starch) in water, with the proper proportions, has the opposite rheological property: it is negative thixotropic, or dilatant, which is to say that it becomes more viscous when under pressure. This suspension is termed oobleck and often used in science demonstrations of non-Newtonian fluids. The British popular-science programme Brainiac: Science Abuse demonstrated dilatancy dramatically by filling a swimming pool with this mixture and having presenter Jon Tickle walk across it.

You're welcome. General Lee speaking. :e4e:

Sometimes, one is simply stupefied!

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Hobby-Horse-TS0022-.jpg

There's boring... and then there's naming your horse TS0022.

PureX

What ho! Today I observed a resplendent day full of the joys of constructing jigsaw puzzles. What a shame that all of them had several hundred missing pieces...still, that didn't mar an otherwise 'fruitful' time of drinking pints of water. What fun eh? Later the joys of stargazing upon an overcast sky..., the excitement of such endeavours! More rip roaring derring do and adventure awaits!
Ah! Colonoscopy time again.

Arthur Brain

Now you've done it... Arthur will come along now and call me a

copycat!

He's a bit spastic, you know. :eek:

Major Lee Dullcontent speaking on behalf of the general here, as presently he's battling some demons of the inner variety or some such malarkey apparently...

However, let it be said, that such low brow shenanigans as the implied above would never be utilized in such chameleons....certainly not by high ranking officers at any rate...

:nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Major Lee Dullcontent speaking on behalf of the general here, as presently he's battling some demons of the inner variety or some such malarkey apparently...

However, let it be said, that such low brow shenanigans as the implied above would never be utilized in such chameleons....certainly not by high ranking officers at any rate...

That's a relief, so to speak.

You know, some days I wake up General Lee tired.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

If you're measuring lowbrow against the gold standard of the Dukes of Hazard, you should start scraping up what remains of your credibility (which looks suspiciously like oobleck). :eek:

Arthur Brain

If you're measuring lowbrow against the gold standard of the Dukes of Hazard, you should start scraping up what remains of your credibility (which looks suspiciously like oobleck). :eek:

This is Field Marshall I.N.T. Eruption here.

Kindly take these half baked and poorly conceived disruptions to a thread even less deserving of it...(somehow)

:plain: