Public Discourse on Monica Lewinsky: Adultery worse problem than cyberbullying

GFR7

:rotfl:

You fell for satire, bonehead. And now you're trying to backpedal. And you're the one who brought up this supposedly foolish and unimportant woman (newsflash, that's what she is now) and keep harping on her. You're stepping on rakes left and right.

This thread's hilarious.:thumb::carryon:
Your opinion. I know what I think of her, and what I've thought of her for 17-18 years, and why. I stand by what I've said, and I think the OP article is a good and important one.:carryon:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

You fell for satire, bonehead. And now you're trying to backpedal. And you're the one who brought up this supposedly foolish and unimportant woman (newsflash, that's what she is now) and keep harping on her. You're stepping on rakes left and right.

This thread's hilarious.:thumb::carryon:

Indeed ... what a surprise that it focuses on a WOMAN barely out of her teens as being responsible for her bosses adultery.

She MADE him do it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your opinion. I know what I think of her, and what I've thought of her for 17-18 years, and why. I stand by what I've said, and I think the OP article is a good and important one.:carryon:

Not when the OP article is used for the purpose of alleviating another person from responsibility ...

GFR7

Indeed ... what a surprise that it focuses on a WOMAN barely out of her teens as being responsible for her bosses adultery.

She MADE him do it.
She was up to no good, and tom-foolery. I make no excuses for her.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She was up to no good, and tom-foolery. I make no excuses for her.

That is your convenient assumption ... and no one has made excuses for her.

We are just pointing out the FACT that has received the majority of the blame. From people such as yourself.

GFR7

That is your convenient assumption ... and no one has made excuses for her.

We are just pointing out the FACT that has received the majority of the blame. From people such as yourself.
No, he was to blame just as much; although I don't believe any of it ought to have ever been made public.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, he was to blame just as much; although I don't believe any of it ought to have ever been made public.

Then why did you say this?:

No; we know he had a history of sexual acting out and inappropriateness. But I do believe any intern - male or female - who goes to Washington to abuse the office of intern and scout for an oral sex recipient, should be charged with a federal crime.:juggle:

I'm shaming the bill slut also :) Equal opportunity.

So slut-shaming IS OK, then. :think:

:plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can hold to all of that, and still blame him.

Not without coming off as insincere and misogynistic ...

Not once has anyone stated that Monica's actions were okay or appropriate. What is being stated is that IF someone should be held to a higher standard, it's the married guy who hold's the highest position in the country. Still yet, you indicated that Monica should have been charged with a federal crime.

GFR7

Not without coming off as insincere and misogynistic ...

Not once has anyone stated that Monica's actions were okay or appropriate. What is being stated is that IF someone should be held to a higher standard, it's the married guy who hold's the highest position in the country. Still yet, you indicated that Monica should have been charged with a federal crime.
Yes, I believe she ought to have, and her stupid male cohort as well.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think so. Having some young birdbrain of dubious morality and perhaps with an STD in the Oval Office and made privy to some of your thoughts, is reckless and wrong.

Fortunately, the American people didn't agree with you. He remained President. Did you miss that? Admittedly, I am more concerned about oil wars, Iran Contra and Watergate.

GFR7

Fortunately, the American people didn't agree with you. He remained President. Did you miss that? Admittedly, I am more concerned about oil wars, Iran Contra and Watergate.
No, it was fine with me. I am, too.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
back to the OP.....

Why if someone is wrong on one issue does it mean that she is wrong she on others?

Does being pro family mean you are pro cyber bulling ?

Does being ant cyber bullying make you anti family?

Could it that monika got it completley wrong about having sex with a married man, but still have useful things to say about cyber bullying?

Sure, but Monica has chosen since to be a public figure and public figures are certainty up for ridicule, and thats a lot of what she is complaining about.