Executing homosexuals

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The idea of executing homos is from hearts full of murder. That's obvious. Who thinks about executing people for this? Pedophiles yes, serial rapists yes, people in the sin of homosexual sin no. If it were mandated by God then of course yes. But it is not. And we can't use the law of Moses as an excuse, we can't use the judgement of sodom and Gomorrah as an excuse either. It should be illegal but not punishable by death. But fornication should be illegal too. Society is built upon the glorification of sexual immorality beginning with heterosexual non marital sex. It's all wrong, it will not change. Wait a minute... Preterism believes we are in the kingdom now, satan is bound... No wonder these idiots want to execute the homos. But I still say its from a murderous heart like Cain's.

Posted from the TOL App!

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Jesus was talking about the condition of the heart, He was not talking about the crime of adultery.
There is no difference. They are both punishable by death under the same law.

This may be the most ridiculous assertion I have ever seen on TOL.

You consider truly following what Jesus said to be ridiculous. Noted.

Have you ever looked at a woman other than your wife and felt a bit of lust in your heart?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Have you ever looked at a woman other than your wife and felt a bit of lust in your heart?

Only when I look at you, I only have eyes for you CF

Posted from the TOL App!

gcthomas

Why take God's word for it?

How do we know that is what God's word is given that even Christians can't agree on what that word is?

How do we know what God's word is anyway, since what we have is a man-written book telling us what they thought God's word was? Why should they be trusted to tell us something so important?

zoo22

The plan would start with recognizing that homosexuality and adultery should be criminal. You are purposely getting the cart before the horse.

And what are folks doing about that?

I guess aCW's representing TOL on that front. How many converts do you think he has? If you ask me, it seems more a weird farce than anything. I mean, if that's the plan, I really don't think it's going to work. That seems obvious. But he doesn't advocate homosexuals are executed anyway. From what I can tell (it's tough sometimes) he advocates that they're not executed.

Is that it? Or is there more plan to getting people to recognize that homosexuality and adultery should be criminal. Do you think TOL does a good job of that?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The only people angry here are the people who are shaking their fists at God!

Oh, enough of this garbage already. I am sick to death of you guys playing this card when you're backed into a corner and have nothing else to say. It's old, it's foolish, it's boring, it's tired, and it's not true. And you know it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The plan would start with recognizing that homosexuality and adultery should be criminal. You are purposely getting the cart before the horse.

Which isn't going to happen, so I guess you're admitting you guys really have no plan, no specifics, no ideas at all other than some wishful thinking.

dreadknought

And what are folks doing about that?

I guess aCW's .......... snipped

Or is there more plan to getting people to recognize that homosexuality and adultery should be criminal.
Perception, I'd say. Homesexuality and adultery are crimes of passion against your Maker. You're hardened and cannot accept the truth of it........ an inconvenience perhaps. Rhetoric to a thinking mind can only be understood if the heart has changed/is prepared to accept it. You'd rather have professing Christians, supposedly talking politics mind you, offer up a plan for stake burning sexual deviants.
smiley_emoticons_my2cents.gif
Do you think TOL does a good job of that?
Not currently.

That is not going to happen. You have yet to provide a single compelling reason why they should, and that is because there isn't one.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Be specific. IF the couple is not married, then isn't it against your beliefs for them to live with one another?
It's against our beliefs for them to fornicate. Living together is superfluous to that.

Well, what's the plan for that?
I've already explained that. If you didn't understand it read the book.

The idea of executing homos is from hearts full of murder. That's obvious. Who thinks about executing people for this? Pedophiles yes, serial rapists yes, people in the sin of homosexual sin no. If it were mandated by God then of course yes. But it is not. And we can't use the law of Moses as an excuse, we can't use the judgement of sodom and Gomorrah as an excuse either. It should be illegal but not punishable by death. But fornication should be illegal too. Society is built upon the glorification of sexual immorality beginning with heterosexual non marital sex. It's all wrong, it will not change. Wait a minute... Preterism believes we are in the kingdom now, satan is bound... No wonder these idiots want to execute the homos. But I still say its from a murderous heart like Cain's.
The people making this argument are far from preterists. I certainly am not.

But I would like to see you show that it is not mandated by God.

No. Only the act of adultery committed between at least two people was punishable by death. Looking upon someone with lust was not.

You clearly don't understand what Jesus said. Committing adultery in your heart and committing it in the flesh [more than one person] are completely different acts. And it is only the latter that was ever punishable by death.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No. Only the act of adultery committed between at least two people was punishable by death. Looking upon someone with lust was not.
Jesus was clarifying that you need not do the act to be guilty of the sin.

You clearly don't understand what Jesus said. Committing adultery in your heart and committing it in the flesh [more than one person] are completely different acts. And it is only the latter that was ever punishable by death.
What you utterly fail to understand is that to God, there is no difference at all.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Jesus was clarifying that you need not do the act to be guilty of the sin.
No duh, Dick Tracy.:sherlock:

What you utterly fail to understand is that to God, there is no difference at all.
What you fail to understand is that God never commanded the death penalty for thinking about it.

This thread is about crime, not sin.

Have you been sniffing the wood glue again?

It's against our beliefs for them to fornicate. Living together is superfluous to that.

That's nice, but you don't get to enshrine them into law. Next.

That book by that child abuser Bob Enyart? I've seen people being forced to undergo mental evaluations for less disturbing personal fantasies. Yet for some reason in our society a person can go on a bender about wanting to commit mass murder (as Enyart's little screed essentially is) and as long as it is somehow based in religion it seems to be perfectly okay (though only if based upon the Christian religion. If someone wrote the same fantasy about imposing Sharia then we might actually talk about sending him to the funny farm, if not actually doing so).

Which, in the context of secular law, means less than squat.

I could certainly pick out verses in the Bible that state that they are equivalent. Though it's not like it's really possible to punish someone just for thinking the wrong thing.

Then again I would hardly consider someone like you an authority on what Jesus may have said or done. Not that anything he did say or do should have any bearing on what the laws of our society should be.

No duh, Dick Tracy.:sherlock:

What you fail to understand is that God never commanded the death penalty for thinking about it.

This thread is about crime, not sin.

Have you been sniffing the wood glue again?

The only conclusion I can come to about someone who keeps bleating about how God's law ought to matter in a secular, civilized society is that they have been sniffing paint.

neither is killing babies :(

Killing babies is illegal.

(And abortion after six months is generally illegal unless it's done to protect the life or health of the mother.)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

The people making this argument are far from preterists. I certainly am not.

You are motivated by a fool murderer spirit.

When a believer (I don't know that you are one, I've not taken care to know, yet) is exhibiting the works of the flesh vs the fruit of the spirit, they are being controlled by the sin nature, their old man, the flesh. Unless you humble yourself you can not reason. If you think you are right, as a Christlike you should be seeking the salvation of homosexuals. You're not.

Posted from the TOL App!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You sucked that answer out of your thumb and have zero evidence to back it up.

Sort of like a "do you still beat your wife" sort of trick question. You have fun with that.