ECT If you want out of the deceptions of MAD read the rebuttal of Bullinger by Ironside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Which is why, I think, there are some problems and heated discussion.

From what I understand of MAD 1) There were two gospels. 2) Now, only one and contained in Paul's writings. 3) The Gospel of the kingdom is still represented in the nonPauline Epistles and writings, thus a need for others to understand 4) MAD doesn't reject those scriptures, just doesn't use them for direct applications.
Wrong right from the start.

There are MANY gospels in scripture.

It really takes a rank rejection of scripture to claim otherwise.

Indeed, MAD accepts all scripture as inspired and important for our learning but not all is for our execution.

Lon

Wrong right from the start.

There are MANY gospels in scripture.
Other than Salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ?

It really takes a rank rejection of scripture to claim otherwise.
Beside salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ, what are three or four of them?
Spoiler
Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.
Mat_9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Mat_11:5 the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear; the dead are raised, and the poor have the gospel proclaimed to them.
Mat_24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come.
Mat_26:13 Truly I say to you, Wherever this gospel shall be proclaimed in the whole world, that which this woman has done shall be spoken of also, for a memorial of her.
Mar_1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God:
Mar_1:14 And after John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar_1:15 and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God draws near. Repent, and believe the gospel.
Mar_8:35 For whoever will save his life shall lose it; but whoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, he shall save it.
Mar_10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Truly I say to you, There is no man that has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands for my sake and the gospel's sake,
Mar_13:10 And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations.
Mar_14:9 Truly I say to you, Wherever this gospel shall be proclaimed in all the world, this also that she has done will be spoken of for a memorial of her.
Mar_16:15 And He said to them, Go into all the world, proclaim the gospel to all the creation.
Luk_3:18 And then indeed exhorting many things, he proclaimed the gospel to the people.
Luk_4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and new sight to the blind, to set at liberty those having been crushed,
Luk_4:43 And He said to them, I must proclaim the gospel, the kingdom of God, to other cities, because I was sent on this mission,
Luk_7:22 And answering, Jesus said to them, Go and tell John what you have seen and heard; that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the gospel is proclaimed to the poor.
Luk_8:1 And it happened afterwards, He traveled in every city and village, proclaiming and announcing the gospel of the kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with Him,
Luk_9:6 And they departed and went through the towns, proclaiming the gospel and healing everywhere.
Luk_20:1 And on one of those days, as He taught the people in the temple and proclaimed the gospel, it happened that the chief priests and the scribes along with the elders came on Him.
Act_5:42 And every day in the temple, and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching the gospel: Jesus Christ.
Act_8:4 Then, indeed, the ones who had been scattered passed through, preaching the gospel, the Word.
Act_8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the gospel, the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Act_8:25 Then, indeed, having earnestly testified and having spoken the Word of the Lord also having preached the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans, they returned to Jerusalem.
Act_8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth and began at the same Scripture and preached the gospel of Jesus to him.
Act_8:40 But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through, he preached the gospel in all the cities until he came to Caesarea.
Act_10:36 You know the Word which God sent to the sons of Israel, preaching the gospel of peace by Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all!);
Act_11:20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene; who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus.
Act_13:32 And we preach the gospel to you, the promise made to the fathers,
Act_14:7 And there they were preaching the gospel.
Act_14:15 and saying, Men, why do you do these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preaching the gospel to you to turn you from these vanities to the living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all things in them;
Act_14:21 And preaching the gospel to that city, and having made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and Iconium and Antioch,
Act_15:7 And after much disputing, Peter rose up and said to them, Men, brothers, you recognize that from ancient days God chose among us that through my mouth the nations should hear the Word of the gospel, and believe.
Act_15:35 Also Paul and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the gospel, the Word of the Lord, with many others also.
Act_16:10 And after he saw the vision, we immediately tried to go into Macedonia, gathering that the Lord had called us in order to preach the gospel to them.
Act_20:24 But none of these things move me, neither do I count my life dear to myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus Christ, to testify fully the gospel of the grace of God.
Rom_1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, a called apostle, separated to the gospel of God
Rom_1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you
Rom_1:15 So, as much as is in me lies, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are at Rome also.
Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Rom_2:16 in a day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Rom_10:15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!"
Rom_10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"
Rom_11:28 Indeed as regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes. But as regards the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom_15:16 that I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the nations, ministering the gospel of God, so that the offering up of the nations might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Rom_15:19 in power of miracles and wonders, in power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem, and all around to Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Rom_15:20 Yea, so I have been eager to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation;
Rom_15:29 And I am sure that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
Rom_16:25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, having been unvoiced during eternal times;
1Co_1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel; not in wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.
1Co_4:15 For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for I have begotten you in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
1Co_9:12 If others have a share of this authority over you, rather should not we? But we have not used this authority, but we endured all things lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1Co_9:14 Even so, the Lord ordained those announcing the gospel to live from the gospel.
1Co_9:16 For though I preach the gospel, no glory is to me. For necessity is laid on me; yea, woe is to me if I do not preach the gospel!
1Co_9:18 What then is my reward? That when I preach the gospel I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.
1Co_9:23 And this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I might be partaker of it with you.
1Co_15:1 And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and in which you stand;
2Co_2:12 And, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened to me by the Lord,
2Co_4:3 But also if our gospel is hidden, it is hidden to those being lost,
2Co_4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.
2Co_8:18 And we have sent with him the brothers whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
2Co_9:13 through the proof of this ministry they glorify God for your freely expressed submission to the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of the fellowship toward them and toward all,
2Co_10:14 For we do not overstretch ourselves as though not reaching to you. For we also came to you in the gospel of Christ;
2Co_10:16 to preach the gospel in that beyond you, and not to boast in another's rule in things made ready.
2Co_11:4 For if, indeed, the one coming proclaims another Jesus, whom we have not proclaimed, or if you receive another spirit, which you did not receive, or another gospel, which you never accepted, you might well endure these .
2Co_11:7 Or did I commit sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you without charge?
Gal_1:6 I marvel that you so soon are being moved away from Him who called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel,
Gal_1:7 which is not another, but some are troubling you, and desiring to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal_1:8 But even if we or an angel from Heaven preach a gospel to you beside what we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal_1:9
As we said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel to you beside what you have received, let him be accursed.
Gal_1:11 And, brothers, I make known to you the gospel which was preached by me, that it is not according to man.
Gal_2:2 And I went up by revelation. And I put before them the gospel which I proclaim in the nations, but privately to those seeming to be pillars, lest I run, or I ran, into vanity.
Gal_2:5 to whom not even for an hour did we yield in subjection, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
Gal_2:7 But on the contrary, seeing that I have been entrusted with the gospel of the uncircumcision, as Peter to the circumcision;
Gal_2:14 But when I saw that they did not walk uprightly with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before all, If you, being a Jew, live as a Gentile, and not as the Jews, why do you compel the nations to judaize?
Gal_3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the nations through faith, preached the gospel before to Abraham, saying, "In you shall all nations be blessed."
Gal_4:13 But you know that through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel to you before,
Eph_1:13 in whom also you, hearing the Word of Truth, the gospel of our salvation, in whom also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
Eph_3:6 that the nations should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partaker of His promise in Christ through the gospel.
Eph_3:7 Of this gospel I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effectual working of His power.
Eph_3:8 This grace is given to me (who am less than the least of all saints) to preach the gospel of the unsearchable riches of Christ among the nations,
Eph_6:15 and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
Eph_6:19 And pray for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Php_1:5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
Php_1:7 even as it is righteous for me to think this of you all, because you have me in your heart, inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you are all partakers of my grace.
Php_1:12 But I desire that you should understand, brothers, that the things which happened to me have fallen out rather to the furtherance of the gospel;
Php_1:17 But these others preach in love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel.
Php_1:27 Only let your conduct be as becomes the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you, or else am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, striving together with one mind for the faith of the gospel,
Php_2:22 But you know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he has served with me in the gospel.
Php_4:3 And I also beg you, true yoke-fellow, help those women who labored in the gospel with me and with Clement, and others of my fellow-laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
Php_4:15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as regards giving and receiving, except you alone.
Col_1:5 for the hope which is laid up for you in Heaven, of which you heard before in the Word of the truth of the gospel,
Col_1:23 if indeed you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard and which was proclaimed in all the creation under Heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister,
1Th_1:5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
1Th_2:2 But also suffering before, being insulted in Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much agony.
1Th_2:4 but as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God, who tries our hearts.
1Th_2:8 So affectionately longing for you, we were willing to have imparted to you, not only the gospel of God, but also our own souls, because you have become beloved to us.
1Th_2:9 For, brothers, you remember our labor and toil. For laboring night and day in order not to put a burden on any one of you, we preached the gospel of God to you.
1Th_3:2 And we sent Timothy, our brother and minister of God, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you and to comfort you concerning your faith,
2Th_1:8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ,
2Th_2:14 to which He called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Ti_1:11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
2Ti_1:8 Therefore you should not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner. But be partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God,
2Ti_1:10 But it is now having been manifested by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has made death of no effect, bringing life and immortality to light through the gospel;
2Ti_2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel,
Phm_1:13 whom I resolved to retain with myself, so that for you he might have ministered to me in the bonds of the gospel.
Heb_4:2 For also we have had the gospel preached, as well as them. But the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
1Pe_1:12 To them it was revealed that not to themselves, but to us, they ministered the things which are now reported to you by those who have preached the gospel to you in the Holy Spirit sent from Heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
1Pe_1:25 but the Word of the Lord endures forever. And this is the Word preached as gospel to you.
1Pe_4:6 For to this end the gospel was preached also to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the Spirit.
1Pe_4:17 For the time has come for the judgment to begin from the house of God. And if it first begins from us, what will be the end of those disobeying the gospel of God?
Rev_14:6 And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people,

Indeed, MAD accepts all scripture as inspired and important for our learning but not all is for our execution.
:up:

Right Divider

Body part
Other than Salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ?
No. Don't confuse salvation with gospel. They are NOT identical.

Beside salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ, what are three or four of them?

:up:

• The gospel of the kingdom
  • The gospel of the circumcision
  • The gospel of the uncircumcision
  • The gospel of God
  • The gospel of Christ
  • The gospel of the grace of God
  • The everlasting gospel

They are ALL good news and they are NOT all identical.

Danoh

The Gospel of God: God's good news concerning His Son...is Two-Fold.

One aspect concerns His Son and Israel over the nations of the Earth.

Prior to Paul, progressive aspects of said Earthly aspect are revealed through various Israelite Prophets, each generation privy to one more aspect of that...up until the time of the Son Himself, Who also reveals further aspects of that in Matt. thru John.

The Spirit then continues to reveal further and unfold information and aspects concerning said Prophesied Earthly aspect of the Gospel of God concerning His Son (Early Acts and Hebrews thru Revelation).

The Apostle Paul (Romans thru Philemon) is not a part of that.

His Apostleship, revelation, and ministry are all a once kept secret aspect of the Gospel of God concerning His Son.

This aspect: The Mystery; concerns God's previously hidden plan and purpose for the Heveanly Places, via a New Heavenly Creature: The Body of Christ; the realm of which will be said Heavenly Places.

All is the Gospel of God concerning His Son by the Spirit.

Reactions: Lon

john w

Hall of Fame
As long as you continue with your narrowcasting and fracturing, you may never fully envelope the more paramount benefits of the NHNE event.

You have a tendency to not understand an expert in "the" English grammer, such as myself, and fracturize the debate, resulting in obtusification, Sam. I see Mayfield Power & Light was off a "steenth"(I'm a real stock market prognosticator and scholar-that means " a sixteenth" in Wall Street jargon)today, in heavy trading.I learned that at the college that I attended-"State."

SaulToPaul 2

The Gospel of God: God's good news concerning His Son...is Two-Fold.

One aspect concerns His Son and Israel over the nations of the Earth.

Prior to Paul, progressive aspects of said Earthly aspect are revealed through various Israelite Prophets, each generation privy to one more aspect of that...up until the time of the Son Himself, Who also reveals further aspects of that in Matt. thru John.

The Spirit then continues to reveal further and unfold information and aspects concerning said Prophesied Earthly aspect of the Gospel of God concerning His Son (Early Acts and Hebrews thru Revelation).

The Apostle Paul (Romans thru Philemon) is not a part of that.

His Apostleship, revelation, and ministry are all a once kept secret aspect of the Gospel of God concerning His Son.

This aspect: The Mystery; concerns God's previously hidden plan and purpose for the Heveanly Places, via a New Heavenly Creature: The Body of Christ; the realm of which will be said Heavenly Places.

All is the Gospel of God concerning His Son by the Spirit.

Or, we can let the gospel of God remain as defined: That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
And we can let the gospel of Christ be according to the revelation of the mystery.

SaulToPaul 2

You have a tendency to not understand an expert in "the" English grammer, such as myself, and fracturize the debate, resulting in obtusification, Sam. I see Mayfield Power & Light was off a "steenth"(I'm a real stock market prognosticator and scholar-that means " a sixteenth" in Wall Street jargon)m )today, in heavy trading.I learned that at the university I attended-"State."

Oh sure! Since you drive a Lambhourgini and keep your money clip full of $1000 dollar bills, we are supposed to fracturize and fall at your feet? Am I getting through to you fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure! Since you drive a Lambhourgini and keep your money clip full of $1000 dollar bills, we are supposed to fracturize and fall at your feet? Am I getting through to you fella?

Eddie Haskell: Uh, when you have a girl, you can't spend all your time with the fellas. You have to spend some time with your girl.
June Cleaver: Oh, you have a girl, Eddie?
Eddie Haskell: Oh, yes. She goes away to boarding school. My father says that's a pretty good indication her family has money. My father says it doesn't pay to waste time with people who don't count.

SaulToPaul 2

Eddie Haskell: Uh, when you have a girl, you can't spend all your time with the fellas. You have to spend some time with your girl.
June Cleaver: Oh, you have a girl, Eddie?
Eddie Haskell: Oh, yes. She goes away to boarding school. My father says that's a pretty good indication her family has money. My father says it doesn't pay to waste time with people who don't count.

:chuckle:

Danoh

Or, we can let the gospel of God remain as defined: That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
And we can let the gospel of Christ be according to the revelation of the mystery.

Sure, if we want to be that wooden with what are nothing more than "labels" for different aspects of "the gospel of God concerning His Son."

Reactions: Lon

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

You're a real comedian, Gertrude!

Wally Cleaver: Hey Eddie, what happened to your back seat covers?
Eddie Haskell: Search me. They were there last week.
Wally Cleaver: I hope your battery's not dead.
Eddie Haskell: Now how could it be dead? I just took it out of my father's car this morning.

I take off on Eddie-he kills me!

SaulToPaul 2

You're a real comedian, Gertrude!

Wally Cleaver: Hey Eddie, what happened to your back seat covers?
Eddie Haskell: Search me. They were there last week.
Wally Cleaver: I hope your battery's not dead.
Eddie Haskell: Now how could it be dead? I just took it out of my father's car this morning.

I take off on Eddie-he kills me!

I'm surprised Eddie wasn't more of a ladykiller. I guess the gals didn't go for the bad boy types in the early 60s huh?

john w

Hall of Fame
Sure, if we want to be that wooden with what are nothing more than "labels" for different aspects of "the gospel of God concerning His Son."

What you refer to as "wooden....labels," are actually details, as the bible is a book of details, just as the difference between an eternity in "heavenly places" in Christ, and an eternal reservation at the "all smokers welcome" place called hell, is based upon paying attention to details.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised Eddie wasn't more of a ladykiller. I guess the gals didn't go for the bad boy types in the early 60s huh?

I recon not, Mayor. And look, Orville, I just gave you the benefit of my knowledge in the business world, and you're knockin' it? After all I've heard of very few men who become millionaires running the 220 in track,in college, at "State," like you did, squirt..

Danoh

You don't have to invent a two fold aspect to explain the fact that both Peter and Paul preached the gospel of God.
It's foundation truth for both.

lol - it is you who have ended up at an invention of a two-fold aspect that differs from the actual one.

You have confused a principle for a label.

We do not hold the same understanding bro.

You have aspects of Paul's preaching and teaching as having been hidden in the OT.

Thus, no matter what I might attempt to point out to you, nor what you might attempt to point out to me, we will only go around in circles.

You have learned to focus on content.

I have learned to focus on the principles that content is only a result of.

Big difference in resulting conclusions.

Our respective focus going in...differs.

SaulToPaul 2

lol - it is you who have ended up at an invention of a two-fold aspect that differs from the actual one.

You have confused a principle for a label.

We do not hold the same understanding bro.

You have aspects of Paul's preaching and teaching as having been hidden in the OT.

Thus, no matter what I might attempt to point out to you, nor what you might attempt to point out to me, we will only go around in circles.

You have learned to focus on content.

I have learned to focus on the principles that content is only a result of.

Big difference in resulting conclusions.

Our respective focus going in...differs.

I am letting the Bible define the terms, I think you have an invention.

Status
Not open for further replies.