Hello all , my name is Joe.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Any responses or answers or other threads that answer my questions if you could steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the Bible.

Let's start with the Sabbath. Keeping the commandments is not the source or cause of salvation for anyone. Salvation is by God's favor through faith, not works.

However, once a person has salvation then Jesus says we are judged by our works.

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)​

James explains the Sabbath in the context of the perfect Law of Liberty by which we are all judged.

For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. (James 2:11-12)

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. (James 1:25)​

A perfect law needs nothing added or taken away. It is perfect the way it is.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
On your question about God, We need to realize that Adam was not expelled from the garden because of sin, sin can be forgiven. Adam was expelled because he had become as one of them.

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever”— therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. (Genesis 3:22-23)​

glorydaz

Hi and greetings to all. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and decided to register and ask a few questions.

About me. I was raised Baptist.

I have read the Bible my whole life and still hold onto it as the word of God to this day.But have many questions.

I noticed that if you do not accept Jesus as God then you could be added to a heretic list?I know this has been discussed thoroughly and I do accept him as my Lord and Savior,but I cannot dismiss when John heard the words of," this is my son in whom I am well pleased.Not this is me.But anyhow there are plenty of scriptures going the other way as well.

I have become a student of many religions, if for no other means then to as know thine enemy as thine self.But I have found much truth in many.

ALSO I saw a new member that is banned now , he said in his greeting, I am Jesus and God and so on. Witch on the surface is outright blasphemy , but in psalm 82 we are told we are Gods,Elohim, And when Jesus said to the Pharisees is it not written in your law that ye are god, El Elohim. I would deff like to hear some more on this subject if anyone has done any study into it.

And one last opening question, After I decided to really read the bible for myself I found I had a very fundamental view of things,and got caught up in the Law,mainly the Sabbath.I know hold the view of keeping 9 commandments, the 7 gave to Noah for all gentiles and the 2 that Jesus gave concerning love of God and neighbor. Also reading Gen 2 I remember the Sabbath. I do not follow the Hebrew law of the Sabbath but just remembrance that God made it holy on the 7th day.
I do not wish to be judged by the law but I also moreso do not wish to offend God anymore then I allready have in my life.

Any responses or answers or other threads that answer my questions if you could steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and may Godbless us all
Joe

Welcome aboard Joe,

Psalm 82 is speaking of the judges who were to rule in God's name. Notice the verse that says, "Ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes".

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Deut. 1:15
So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes. And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it. And I commanded you at that time all the things which ye should do.​

The Jews knew full well that Jesus was claiming to be God, so they accused Him of blasphemy.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

He reminds them they were made judges and were to hear God when He spoke to them. Instead they charged Him with blasphemy...and were not judging righteously and would, therefore, come under God's judgment. "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes" because they did not heed the WORD OF GOD when He came among them.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;​

The Jews understood what so many professing believers today don't know. That Jesus was saying He is the great I AM....before Abraham.

John 8:57-59
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.​

glorydaz

On your question about God, We need to realize that Adam was not expelled from the garden because of sin, sin can be forgiven. Adam was expelled because he had become as one of them.

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever”— therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. (Genesis 3:22-23)​

Only in the sense that they now knew good and evil. It's a reference to satan's empty promise that they would be like God.

IMJerusha

Hi and greetings to all. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and decided to register and ask a few questions.

Hi and welcome! :wave:

Okay.

I have read the Bible my whole life and still hold onto it as the word of God to this day.But have many questions.

You wouldn't be much of a Christian if you didn't. It's how we grow.

[I noticed that if you do not accept Jesus as God then you could be added to a heretic list?I know this has been discussed thoroughly and I do accept him as my Lord and Savior,but I cannot dismiss when John heard the words of," this is my son in whom I am well pleased.Not this is me.But anyhow there are plenty of scriptures going the other way as well.

Well, I won't put you on a heretic list. I see Yeshua as God's Son, obedient to the Father in all things. In His Sonship, I see Deity. In His Authority I see Deity. Is Yeshua the Father? No, He is the Son.

I have become a student of many religions, if for no other means then to as know thine enemy as thine self.But I have found much truth in many.

There's truth and then there's Truth...well, you know.

ALSO I saw a new member that is banned now , he said in his greeting, I am Jesus and God and so on. Witch on the surface is outright blasphemy , but in psalm 82 we are told we are Gods,Elohim, And when Jesus said to the Pharisees is it not written in your law that ye are god, El Elohim. I would deff like to hear some more on this subject if anyone has done any study into it.

I think I can understand the interpretive take on this but if one can not see Deity in Yeshua, one certainly can not see Deity in the sons and daughters of Adam. That wouldn't make sense.

And one last opening question, After I decided to really read the bible for myself I found I had a very fundamental view of things,and got caught up in the Law,mainly the Sabbath.I know hold the view of keeping 9 commandments, the 7 gave to Noah for all gentiles and the 2 that Jesus gave concerning love of God and neighbor. Also reading Gen 2 I remember the Sabbath. I do not follow the Hebrew law of the Sabbath but just remembrance that God made it holy on the 7th day.
I do not wish to be judged by the law but I also moreso do not wish to offend God anymore then I allready have in my life.

Well, I'm of the impression that one can not get caught up in a covenant that has been broken, Yeshua being the New Covenant. But we know that God's Law is still there and we know that the Jerusalem Council pointed us to it. For salvation? No. For guidance and to know the Will of God.

It's not our job to steer you. That is for Ruach HaKodesh to do.

Joe

You're welcome BroJoe!

JosephR

Wow it's so great to be among knowledgable persons as yourselves .I will have to get on my home computer to answer correctly about all the post, but one thing seems clear, a Christian is not under the old mosaic law but rev 14 clearly states the saints will keep the commandments of god and the faith of Jesus so, what cancer a me is what exactly are the commandments they follow as we can well define the faith in Jesus part ? Thanks and talk to y'all later

Joe

Posted from the TOL App!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I noticed that if you do not accept Jesus as God then you could be added to a heretic list?I know this has been discussed thoroughly and I do accept him as my Lord and Savior,but I cannot dismiss when John heard the words of," this is my son in whom I am well pleased.Not this is me.But anyhow there are plenty of scriptures going the other way as well.

Joe

Hello, take your time and make some friends...don't be easily put off. :)

JosephR

Not at all serpant dove however it seems I agree with some of their views on the sabbath, but cannot agree to be associated with them, I have also attended JW church and bible study and can agree on some things but cannot be affiliated with them,, I can say this about all most every church I go too .

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

They both like to say Jesus is a created being not worthy of worship, I agree with john 1. I cannot also follow a religion that has know to have false prophets or false prophecies as they both have, However I do agree on how they look at idolatry , and how most churches pass it off as ok. So kinda like I said in my orig post I see some truth in all most all denominations even the cultish ones. But my sabbath stance stands on gen 2 when got sanctified it and made it holy. And if all I have to do is remember that in respect of ALL creation , I don't see any harm in it .

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

Oh and serpant dove I didn't mean to be bold to you on my reply I just figured the Sda and JH question was coming so I wanted to answer it the best I could at once, Ty for asking :)

Posted from the TOL App!

IMJerusha

Wow it's so great to be among knowledgable persons as yourselves .I will have to get on my home computer to answer correctly about all the post, but one thing seems clear, a Christian is not under the old mosaic law but rev 14 clearly states the saints will keep the commandments of god and the faith of Jesus so, what cancer a me is what exactly are the commandments they follow as we can well define the faith in Jesus part ? Thanks and talk to y'all later

Joe

Posted from the TOL App!

Agreed. You should open a thread about this. Be prepared for mmm...some disagreement.

JosephR

Ok maybe I shall it seems even the JW who are experts on the saints and 144000 cannot answer the question of what commandments they follow in rev 14 12, it's not a question of do they follow them it's what do they follow , usually when the bible mentions the commandments of god it means the Ten Commandments ,

Posted from the TOL App!

IMJerusha

Ok maybe I shall it seems even the JW who are experts on the saints and 144000 cannot answer the question of what commandments they follow in rev 14 12, it's not a question of do they follow them it's what do they follow , usually when the bible mentions the commandments of god it means the Ten Commandments ,
Posted from the TOL App!

Usually, but there are some who take it a bit further. Some boil it down to two. Some keep dietary law. Some keep the feasts. Some simply acknowledge the feasts. Tottie made a good suggestion. Take some time to get settled in a bit, make some friends, figure out what's what, etc. There are a lot of great people here.

JosephR

Ok I will thank you all for your post and time I know I seem to have endless questions but well I do that's just the case lol thanks again and lookin forward to further convo

Joe

Posted from the TOL App!