toldailytopic: Eternal torment, Annihilationism or Universalism, which do you believe

Timotheos

Death has been redefined to mean "eternal life in hell" and if anyone doesn't believe that death is life and not death Lighthouse is here to mock them.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so often you hear them say that they use the bible for their definition of words

the translators are still using the dictionary

Timotheos

so often you hear them say that they use the bible for their definition of words

the translators are still using the dictionary

I know!

When I got baptized, the church forgot to give me the secret decoder ring, so when I read the Bible I just accept what it says. That makes me a "bad christian" or a "retard".

Timotheos

Next Passage Proving that Eternal Tortmentism is not biblical.
1 John 5:12
And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

How can those without life be living forever in a lake of fire? Even if the Bible didn't say the lake of fire is the second death, the Bible says that those who do not have the Son of God do not have life, so they couldn't possible have ETERNAL LIFE in the Lake of Fire being burned alive forever.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When we were in death, before we passed from death to life, where were we? Were we destroyed? Had we perished in the sense that annihilationists use the term? How dead were we when we were dead in our trespasses?

Timotheos

When we were in death, before we passed from death to life, where were we? Were we destroyed? Had we perished in the sense that annihilationists use the term? How dead were we when we were dead in our trespasses?

According to the Bible, the wicked WILL be destroyed.
When we were dead in our sins, that refers to the certainty of the coming destruction, of course we were not literally dead. If it meant literally dead, then we would be dead as Christians, wouldn't we? Because the Bible says that we are "dead to sin". So just because the Bible uses the term dead figuratively in some places, it doesn't mean the word dead doesn't mean dead where it is used elsewhere. Also, it doesn't matter because the Bible doesn't JUST say that the wicked will be dead. The Bible also says that the wicked will be destroyed, they will be no more, they will be reduced to ash and scattered, they will not have life, they will not have eternal life, and so on and on.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
timmy's like artie and others

they want a universe that's pleasing to their sensibilities and are willing to twist God's word to pretend that it is :idunno:

Timotheos

timmy's like artie and others

they want a universe that's pleasing to their sensibilities and are willing to twist God's word to pretend that it is :idunno:

This is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Timotheos

Next Passage Proving that Eternal Tortmentism is not biblical.

Jude 5
Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

Timotheos

Thanks for your support Soddy.

Here is the next passage which proves that the punishment is destruction and not everlasting non-destruction and torture in hell:

Jude 7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

The punishment of Sodom and Gomorrah serves as as example of the coming punishment. We only need to look at what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah to know what the punishment is going to be for the lost. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, and they were not eternally tortured alive. This proves that the penalty for sin is death, not eternal torture.

Timotheos

Thanks Soddy, I just have to say good job to you as well. Whenever I post, and it doesn't matter what time it is, you always post right after me within a minute or two. You must spend a tremendous amount of time on this forum. I have never seen you post anything worth reading, but I have to give you an "A" for effort. Have you considered taking up a hobby? Knitting perhaps? At least then you would have a nice sweater or scarf to show for your effort.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Thanks Soddy, I just have to say good job to you as well. Whenever I post, and it doesn't matter what time it is, you always post right after me within a minute or two. You must spend a tremendous amount of time on this forum. I have never seen you post anything worth reading, but I have to give you an "A" for effort. Have you considered taking up a hobby? Knitting perhaps? At least then you would have a nice sweater or scarf to show for your effort.

looks like he want you to suffer continuously
and
that is too bad

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
looks like he want you to suffer continuously

nah - i just decided to approach him like one of the handicapped kids i taught last year who would get all excited about something or other and obsess endlessly about it

just keep praising his efforts and wait for him to calm down

Timotheos

nah - i just decided to approach him like one of the handicapped kids i taught last year who would get all excited about something or other and obsess endlessly about it

just keep praising his efforts and wait for him to calm down

Yes Soddy,
Whether or not God is going to torture people forever and ever is nothing to get all excited about. If He does, it will only be an eternity of being on fire with no possibility of escaping the flames.
And if He doesn't, it doesn't matter that people are claiming that God sends people to be eternally tortured in flames. Torturing someone forever or besmirching God's good name is such a little thing in your mind, that it doesn't even matter.

Why don't you grow up? You are only acting like a child because you know that you don't have any scriptural evidence for your phony baloney doctrine of eternal torture. You can't win the debate so you want everyone to go home and forget about it.