User Tag List

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 368

Thread: REPORT: TOL Statement of faith

  1. #76
    Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Clarksville, IN
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1512
    Quote Originally Posted by godrulz
    I do not think people should use the rep system punitively. We should give some thought and save commendations and concerns for content.
    I see the UN Committee for Reputation Assignment Propriety (aka UNCRAP) has convened.

    Psalm 144

  2. #77
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89522
    Maybe we should have all members who wish to 'profess' Christianity take the TOL Statement of Faith seriously enough to agree with it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be allowed to pretend that they are Christian, at least on TOL.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  3. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    1,532
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    How on earth would you enforce that?

  4. #79
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89522
    Simple, ask the Christians on TOL to report anyone whose profile proclaims, "Christian," who isn't posting threads which are in agreement with the doctrine stated in the Statement of Faith. If they don't retract their post, they'll have to be changed to something other than Christian, until they accpet the tenets of the Christian faith.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  5. #80
    Over 1500 post club SOTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    278

  6. #81
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    2,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5239
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel
    Maybe we should have all members who wish to 'profess' Christianity take the TOL Statement of Faith seriously enough to agree with it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be allowed to pretend that they are Christian, at least on TOL.
    So, do you think we should kick Old Earth Creationists off the Christian list?

  7. #82
    Silver Member kmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A farm
    Posts
    10,441
    Thanks
    1,194
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1183211
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel
    Simple, ask the Christians on TOL to report anyone whose profile proclaims, "Christian," who isn't posting threads which are in agreement with the doctrine stated in the Statement of Faith. If they don't retract their post, they'll have to be changed to something other than Christian, until they accpet the tenets of the Christian faith.
    Could they call themselves "Christian(other)"?
    or do you want them to completely use another category?

  8. #83
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89522
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    So, do you think we should kick Old Earth Creationists off the Christian list?
    If they don't line up, they're not enduring sound doctrine, they ought not to be allowed to claim the name of Jesus.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  9. #84
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89522
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney
    Could they call themselves "Christian(other)"?
    or do you want them to completely use another category?
    There's too many (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Branch Davidians, etc.) who would abuse the Christian (other) category. I don't even think it belongs. Either you're Christian, or you've accepted un-sound doctrine as Christianity. That's what I think.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  10. #85
    Over 1500 post club SOTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    278
    Do the moderators have to completely subscribe to the TOL statement of faith to become moderators?

  11. #86
    Silver Member kmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A farm
    Posts
    10,441
    Thanks
    1,194
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1183211
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel
    There's too many (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Branch Davidians, etc.) who would abuse the Christian (other) category. I don't even think it belongs. Either you're Christian, or you've accepted un-sound doctrine as Christianity. That's what I think.
    While I think your idea is a potentially good one I'm not sure how it would work. If they don't just use the "other" part of Christian we'd have to have a bunch more names and even then some people just wouldn't fit any so we'd have to keep the "other" category. I guess from looking at the Statement of Faith the biggest problem would maybe be, like Crow brought up, old earth vs. new earth. Other than that most people probably don't deny things in it.

  12. #87
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    2,706
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5239
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel
    If they don't line up, they're not enduring sound doctrine, they ought not to be allowed to claim the name of Jesus.
    I'm OEC, Aimiel. So y'all make your case that I am not saved nor a Christian.

  13. #88
    Silver Member kmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A farm
    Posts
    10,441
    Thanks
    1,194
    Thanked 2,496 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1183211
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    I'm OEC, Aimiel. So y'all make your case that I am not saved nor a Christian.
    How old is "old"?

  14. #89
    Old Timer Greywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel
    If they don't line up, they're not enduring sound doctrine, they ought not to be allowed to claim the name of Jesus.
    Maybe there could be a TOL Certified Christian™ option.

  15. #90
    Over 1500 post club SOTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    I'm OEC, Aimiel. So y'all make your case that I am not saved nor a Christian.
    I was once an OEC. Whether you are OEC or YEC is of no consequence. It's non-salvific. I don't think Aimiel was suggesting that it is.

    You are definitely saved in my book (not that what I have to say even matters).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us