New International PerVersion

Truster

So what's your take in the New Living Translation?

Hi Judson,

The New Living Translation (NLT) is straight from Hell. On their official website, NLT advertises with the slogan, "Accuracy you can trust." Unfortunately, the NLT is not very accurate. The fact that the word "begotten" has been wrongfully removed from John 3:16 should be enough reason for every Christian to trash their NLT.

More here:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NLT/nlt_exposed.htm

I don't know anything about the organisation who posted this, but it's not their work. All that they have said is available elsewhere. What they have posted is true and can easily be verified.

Blessings, T.

JosephR

Yea I can't get it to speak, its just ink on some paper, new testament of the spirit then! written on the heart that does speak to me, anyway body science is what the scripture is about not bricks made with straw, or a body bleeding on a literal cross for my salvation, that crucifixion takes place in Golgotha, the skull.

HAHAH very nice.. I like science too.. Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world. And I believe him as you seem to also.

Truster

Yea I can't get it to speak, its just ink on some paper, new testament of the spirit then! written on the heart that does speak to me, anyway body science is what the scripture is about not bricks made with straw, or a body bleeding on a literal cross for my salvation, that crucifixion takes place in Golgotha, the skull.

You seem to be denying the historical death of Messiah. Do you also deny his resurrection?

Truster

With all the tools of the internet at your disposal the best you can do is an insult that a 7th grader would be embarrassed to use.

That is so feeble an insult it makes you wonder if its worth forgiving?

The bigger the insult, the bigger the blessing for the insulted.

Zeke

You seem to be denying the historical death of Messiah. Do you also deny his resurrection?

The literal version of a human sacrifice yes, the type and shadow verses the real holy land and temple, which is the human body, the crucifixion takes place in the skull, The crucifixion happened, and happens at a place called Golgotha, which means place of the skull, and Mt Calvary also means, cranium, skull.

All the symbols of the temple and ark can be found in the human brain, the holy of holies in the temple made without hands.

Truster

Zeke,

You have the same or at least similar problem that Mohammed had. He just couldn't bring himself to believe that the Eternal Father would subject His Son, His only begotten Son to such suffering, such humiliation….unto Him who hast loved us and washed us from sin, unto Him be the glory forever amen, amen and amen.

Last edited:

Jason0047

I believe the King James is the perfect divinely inspired preserved Word of God for our world language for today (Which is English by the way). This in no way changes the previous translations that have come before in being perfect at one time (Hebrew (OT), Greek (NT), and Latin). For all these particular translations all say the same thing. Now, this is not the same texts that Wescott and Hort use (Which most Modern Translations are based upon). That is another vine or source.

However, that said, I read Modern Translations all the time because I view them as if I am panning thru the dirt to get to the gold. For they are helpful in updating the language when comparing it with the KJV. However, they are not my final Word of authority because they add, eliminate, and twist passages all the time. In fact, the devil puts his name within Modern Translations trying to be like the Most High. Don't have a clue what I am talking about?

Well, many Bible versions say that it is the dragon who is standing on the sea shore in Revelation. This is just evil and wrong.

See Parallel Version for Revelation 13:1 here...

http://biblehub.com/revelation/13-1.htm

See, if you know anything about Bible language, standing on something means that you "own it"; And the devil wants to own you. In the King James, John is standing on the seashore. Yet in many Bible versions the dragon (i.e. the devil) is standing on the seashore.

Why is this a problem?

Lets look at...

Genesis 22:17
"That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"
Did you catch that? God says to Abraham that He will multiply his seed as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is upon the seashore where he will then possess the gate of his enemies (i.e. the devil and his kingdom). The apostle John who wrote Revelation was Jewish and he was the promised seed of Genesis 22 standing on the seashore in Revelation 13. It was not the dragon or the devil standing on the seashore.

For certain Modern Versions eliminate the part of the passage in Revelation 13:1 that says that John is standing on the seashore (When he refers to himself as "I") (This would include the NIV, and the NASB).

Jason0047

For the devil wants to replace himself with being like the most high. So this is what he does subtly in all of the modern versions. In all your mystery religions you have a son who is the offspring of a human female and a pagan god. In other words in most of your mystery religions you will have a son of the gods. For who is Tammuz (Ezekiel 8:13-14)? Well, if you do not know, Tammuz was a demigod or the son of the gods (i.e. offspring of a human / pagan god hybrid) who was slain and had been killed and who was in hades. In fact, here is a list of beings who were born from one of the gods and from a human (which was usually a female):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demigods

Why is this important?

For even in the ESV you have the devil and his Mystery pagan religion sneaking in trying to be like the Son of God by putting his stamp of paganism on the ESV by claiming he is the son of the gods (little "g").

What am I talking about? Lets check out a passage in the ESV to see see where I am coming from.

Daniel 3:25 ESV
"He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”"
This is a bold denial of the Son of God in the Old Testament. Jesus is NOT the son of the gods. Jesus is the Son of God!!! In fact, both Nathaniel and Peter admit that Jesus was the Son of God and not the son of the gods.

Oh, and if you think Nebuchadnezzar did not know who this Son of God was, you would be mistaken. He knew exactly who he was because he said that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were servants of the "MOST HIGH GOD"!!!! This is who the devil wants to be like. The MOST HIGHT GOD! It says so right in Isaiah that the devil wants to be like the MOST HIGH (Isaiah 14:14). So he replaces the Son of God with his pagan title of being like...

The son of the gods (little "g").

Truster

I believe the King James is the perfect divinely inspired preserved Word of God for our world language for today (Which is English by the way). This in no way changes the previous translations that have come before in being perfect at one time (Hebrew (OT), Greek (NT), and Latin). For all these particular translations all say the same thing. Now, this is not the same texts that Wescott and Hort use (Which most Modern Translations are based upon). That is another vine or source.

However, that said, I read Modern Translations all the time because I view them as if I am panning thru the dirt to get to the gold. For they are helpful in updating the language when comparing it with the KJV. However, they are not my final Word of authority because they add, eliminate, and twist passages all the time. In fact, the devil puts his name within Modern Translations trying to be like the Most High. Don't have a clue what I am talking about?

Well, many Bible versions say that it is the dragon who is standing on the sea shore in Revelation. This is just evil and wrong.

See Parallel Version for Revelation 13:1 here...

http://biblehub.com/revelation/13-1.htm

See, if you know anything about Bible language, standing on something means that you "own it"; And the devil wants to own you. In the King James, John is standing on the seashore. Yet in many Bible versions the dragon (i.e. the devil) is standing on the seashore.

Why is this a problem?

Lets look at...

Genesis 22:17
"That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"
Did you catch that? God says to Abraham that He will multiply his seed as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is upon the seashore where he will then possess the gate of his enemies (i.e. the devil and his kingdom). The apostle John who wrote Revelation was Jewish and he was the promised seed of Genesis 22 standing on the seashore in Revelation 13. It was not the dragon or the devil standing on the seashore.

For certain Modern Versions eliminate the part of the passage in Revelation 13:1 that says that John is standing on the seashore (When he refers to himself as "I") (This would include the NIV, and the NASB).

Just checked my NIV and Rev 13:1 has, ''And I saw a beast…''

PS nice to meet you Jason.

Jason0047

Just checked my NIV and Rev 13:1 has, ''And I saw a beast…''

Oh, yes. There are different NIV translations. The NIV translation for Revelation 13:1 at Biblehub and Biblegateway (Which are two of the most popular online Bible reading sites) lists the word "dragon."

Special Note: Biblegateway does have several NIV translations, though. But if one were to do a google search for "Revelation 13:1 NIV Biblegateway" the NIV translation that mentions "dragon" comes up.

PS nice to meet you Jason.

Thank you. It is nice to meet you, too. I have a passion for this topic because I believe that one is born again by the Word of God (i.e. water). For faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17) and we are sanctified with washing of the water of the Word as Scripture states (Ephesians 5:26). Although I believe the KJV to be the divinely inspired Word for our day, I do understand people's frustration in reading it sometimes; For my Christian fiance who currently lives in Brazil prefers the Modern Translations because she has a hard time understanding the Old English in the KJV. I do not blame her, because sometimes I run into passages that can be a little challenging at times, too. Especially more in the Old Testament. So as I said before, I read Modern Translations as if I am sifting thru the dirt to get to the gold (that lines up with the KJV).

Side Note:

Obviously I believe anyone can be born again by hearing the words of most translations today. However, when it comes to sanctifying oneself with the washing of the Word, I believe the pure Word of God (That has been preserved for our world language today) is the best way to going about doing that.

Jason0047

Three Scriptural Reasons to Trust in A Perfect Word Today.

#1. God's Word claims that it is perfect
God's Word claims that it is perfect (Psalm 12:6 KJV) (Psalm 119:140 KJV) (Proverbs 30:5 KJV) and that it will be preserved for all generations (Psalm 12:7 KJV) and it will stand forever (Isaiah 40:8 KJV) (1 Peter 1:25 KJV). Therefore, seeing Scripture plainly states these facts, it then becomes an issue of a test of your faith in God's Word (See the test the devil gave to Eve in Genesis 3:1 KJV); Because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe (1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV). In other words, do you believe you hold the very words of God within your hands like the disciples did?

#2. KJV vs. Modern Translations
A simple side by side comparison of the KJV vs Modern Translations shows us the devil tries to take out key points in important discussions within the Bible (Which can effect doctrine). For example: In Romans 7 Paul talks from the Jew's perspective in keeping the Old Testament Law (Which leads to problems), and he gives us the climax or heart of his message as a solution in Romans 8:1 KJV. Now, certain modern translations have eliminated "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Eliminating this passage destroys the whole thrust of Paul's argument. Walking in the Spirit is the key to being in Christ Jesus. You eliminate that and you destroy Paul's argument. Also, 1 John 5:7 KJV is the only verse in the Bible that is the clearest and most concise teaching on the Godhead (i.e. the Trinity).

#3. Biblical Numerics
Bible Numbers that glorify God and His Word. (Note: These are not equidistant letter sequences or numbers that attempt to get one to have a special dream, or to divine the future in some way - Striving to foretell the future is forbidden in the Bible). Numbers are something that we deal with in our every day life and all things glorify God. So obviously the numbers in God's Word would naturally glorify Him in some way. What am I talking about? Check out this video on Numbers & the Greek New Testament.

Number 7 in Greek NT

Also, here is a recent post of mine on the topic of Bible Numbers.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3586963&postcount=61

In fact, here is a great study on Bible Numbers based off of the King James.

http://www.hiddenhillssgbaptistchur...rvel or The Significance of Bible Numbers.pdf

Also, here is a video series by Mike Hoggard that talks about the number 7 in the King James.

Number 7 - Part 1

Number 7 - Part 2

Now, while I may not agree with Mike on everything he teaches in the Bible nor on the way he teaches Bible numbers in every example, I have found that he has made some startling discoveries. Discoveries that do not appear in the modern translations but only in the King James.

Important Note:

Also, I want to add that sometimes these numbers match up with Blue Letter Bible and other times they do not. This is because BLB uses a different version of the KJV I believe. If you download Mike Hoggard's free software search program from his website, you can verify the numbers (in his study) with his program here...

http://www.dewtronics.com/KingJamesPureBibleSearch/

Oh, and Mike does not make an error in one of his calculations in the first video and I do believe he mentions his mistake in a later subsequent video.

Also, in addition, here is one thread I started for point #1, too.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92336

Last edited:

Truster

When you start a thread please add some content to the thread. Add your thoughts, your opinions... something!

Merely dropping a link is something we frown upon.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Thanks for your patience Knight. I'll certainly add something in future.

Hope you don't mind me rocking the boat? I think a few people have got wet, but I'm sure they'll soon dry out…I hope.

Zeke

Zeke,

You have the same or at least similar problem that Mohammed had. He just couldn't bring himself to believe that the Eternal Father would subject His Son, His only begotten Son to such suffering, such humiliation….unto Him who hast loved us and washed us from sin, unto Him be the glory forever amen, amen and amen.

Where do you think IS RA EL came from? your hoodwink by religious spin doctors that take allegory as literal, your free to show me the historical proof of Moses, David, or Solomon, pretty much a rewrite of mythology from the ancient schools of hermetic teaching, and astrology that the church has twisted into evil.

Who do you think the man with the water pitcher is? our the upper room? why did Jesus major in fish? could it have anything to do with the starting of the age two thousand years ago? why would Jacob name the place he seen God after a gland in the human brain, why does Jesus say cast your nets on the right side of the ship, why does the catch add up to 9? the number of Conscience, or Christ Conscience, 144 thousand same number, the painting of the last supper is about the zodiac etc.............

Zeke

Thanks for your patience Knight. I'll certainly add something in future.

Hope you don't mind me rocking the boat? I think a few people have got wet, but I'm sure they'll soon dry out…I hope.

When are you going to get out of the shallow end? do you look in the mirror every two minutes?

Truster

Where do you think IS RA EL came from? your hoodwink by religious spin doctors that take allegory as literal, your free to show me the historical proof of Moses, David, or Solomon, pretty much a rewrite of mythology from the ancient schools of hermetic teaching, and astrology that the church has twisted into evil.

Who do you think the man with the water pitcher is? our the upper room? why did Jesus major in fish? could it have anything to do with the starting of the age two thousand years ago? why would Jacob name the place he seen God after a gland in the human brain, why does Jesus say cast your nets on the right side of the ship, why does the catch add up to 9? the number of Conscience, or Christ Conscience, 144 thousand same number, the painting of the last supper is about the zodiac etc.............

The term is Yisra El and means ruled of El.