Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A man hears a noise in his home. A thief is trying to get in. The man realizes this yet decides to do nothing about it because he believes that Jesus would have wanted it this way. The thief ends up killing the family because this man asked himself, "What would Jesus do?"

Did the man answer this question correctly?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by brother Willi

I don't remember askin about the Constituition

That's your standard tactic, isolate the conversation to disclude any evidence which shows you are clearly mistaken.

However, since the US has declared the war which you are referring to, my point is absolutely pertinent.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Poly

A man hears a noise in his home. A thief is trying to get in. The man realizes this yet decides to do nothing about it because he believes that Jesus would have wanted it this way. The thief ends up killing the family because this man asked himself, "What would Jesus do?"

Did the man answer this question correctly?
NOPE
he should have talked to the theif.

now tell me.

has the theif REALLY killed the man?

by killing the theif, would the man have lived?

maybe in this world, but thats not what the idea is.

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

That's your standard tactic, isolate the conversation to disclude any evidence which shows you are clearly mistaken.

However, since the US has declared the war which you are referring to, my point is absolutely pertinent.
no it isnt pertinent.
it has nothing to do with the question at hand.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

NOPE
he should have talked to the theif.

now tell me.

has the theif REALLY killed the man?

by killing the theif, would the man have lived?

maybe in this world, but thats not what the idea is.

:confused:

bW, this is a hypothetical situation here.
Yes, the thief really kills the man. The man decided to have a little chat with the thief instead of defending himself but before he could get 2 words out the thief blows his head off and then goes and kills the rest of his family. Now you really want to tell me that Jesus was happy that this man who decided to talk with the thief instead of doing whatever necessary in protecting his family?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

no it isnt pertinent.
it has nothing to do with the question at hand.

Oh contrare moanfrare, you want to berate Bush for starting a war. You are somehow, with your twisted theology, trying to make a case that it isn't the Christian thing to do and I am rightfully explaining to you that Christianity has nothing to do with the obligation of the President of the US to defend it's citizens.

Now, if you are asking "Is it OK for Brother Willi to start a war?", then that would be another topic. Of course, the answer will still ultimately be determined by the Constitution. :bannana:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Yes, the thief really kills the man. The man decided to have a little chat with the thief instead of defending himself but before he could get 2 words out the thief blows his head off and then goes and kills the rest of his family. Now you really want to tell me that Jesus was happy that this man decided to talk with the thief instead of doing whatever necessary in protecting his family?

BW has lost his mind.

brother Willi

Yes, the thief really kills the man. The man decided to have a little chat with the thief instead of defending himself but before he could get 2 words out the thief blows his head off and then goes and kills the rest of his family. Now you really want to tell me that Jesus was happy that this man who decided to talk with the thief instead of doing whatever necessary in protecting his family?
YEP
prove me wrong

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

Oh contrare moanfrare, you want to berate Bush for starting a war. You are somehow, with your twisted theology, trying to make a case that it isn't the Christian thing to do and I am rightfully explaining to you that Christianity has nothing to do with the obligation of the President of the US to defend it's citizens.

Now, if you are asking "Is it OK for Brother Willi to start a war?", then that would be another topic. Of course, the answer will still ultimately be determined by the Constitution. :bannana:
you see no other way but war?

tell me Jesus would say "go kill em George"

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

you see no other way but war?

Depends on the situation. War was never the first option, there were countless UN Resolutions and direct ultimatums from the US to Saddam which were all rejected before GW decided to invade Iraq. You cannot tell me that you do not know all this?

Even more appropriate is the history lesson you seem to need concerning the US invasion of Afghanistan. There was this incident called 9-11, perhaps you heard of it????????

tell me Jesus would say "go kill em George"

Who knows, but the fact is that we were attacked and Jesus doesn't dictate our foreign policy!