ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No. The Holy Spirit is His helper not His voice and is one of the members of the trinity. He (The Spirit) would not be asking this if the Spirit was the voice of Christ -

Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, 8 DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME, AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,…

It would make no sense for the Spirit to ask if you hear His (Christs) voice, He (the Spirit) would be asking if you hear "MY" voice, showing separate persons.

You obviously do not believe Jesus is in the Father and the Father in Him.
and--

Who is speaking here--

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

also--

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

You hear your religion and speak from it.

LA

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You obviously do not believe Jesus is in the Father and the Father in Him.
and--
Of course i do

Who is speaking here--

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Jesus, saying what the Spirit will say. They are still 2 different persons.

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
Jesus is speaking

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Jesus is speaking.

You hear your religion and speak from it.

LA
Thats not what you said, you said the Holy Spirit was the voice of Jesus, and thats not true, your own verses show them seperate persons.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course i do

Who is speaking here--

Jesus, saying what the Spirit will say. They are still 2 different persons.

Jesus is speaking

Jesus is speaking.

Thats not what you said, you said the Holy Spirit was the voice of Jesus, and thats not true, your own verses show them seperate persons.

There is only two persons in that of Jesus and His Father and it is the Spirit of Christ abiding in the Holy Spirit of His Father which is the Holy Spirit which lives in believers, if they let Him.

It is the way God has covenanted with His son that means the Father is now serving His Son, and only speaks what He hears from His Son, for it is the Father who is the Spirit of truth.

You do not know that if you follow the RCC versions.

John chs 14-16.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

LA

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There is only two persons in that of Jesus and His Father and it is the Spirit of Christ abiding in the Holy Spirit of His Father which is the Holy Spirit which lives in believers, if they let Him.

It is the way God has covenanted with His son that means the Father is now serving His Son, and only speaks what He hears from His Son, for it is the Father who is the Spirit of truth.

You do not know that if you follow the RCC versions.

John chs 14-16.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

LA

Then you are saying you, like oatey, deny the trinity and specifically deny the person of the Holy Spirit and believe the Spirit to be sometimes Christ and sometimes the Father.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then you are saying you, like oatey, deny the trinity and specifically deny the person of the Holy Spirit

I deny the RCC version of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The Father begat Jesus in Mary by the/His Holy Spirit.

You need to understand that God has a presence around Him which no man has.

That presence is the Holy Spirit which is the presence of all Heaven in which Christ lives today.

It is to man a gentle, meek, kind, loving, long suffering (patient,) presence.

Not an antagonizing, domineering, pushing presence, we see so often from some believers.

If you have entered and lived for a time in His presence then your whole life will never be the same again.

and believe the Spirit to be sometimes Christ and sometimes the Father.

You are saying this close but not exactly, because Jesus speaks from His Father sometimes and other times it is Jesus speaking.

It is like when your own father spoke or your mother spoke to you.

The RCC trinity hides the truth.

You can come to understand the truth if you want to pay the price for it, which is your own self life---

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am special. Are you saying you are not?

Yes you are saying that.

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

LA
:rotfl: That's no more you than this:

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

You are a charlatan.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl: That's no more you than this:

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

You are a charlatan.

We are having a conversation here, so you can leave your opinions somewhere else thank you.

A4T can respond to this-----

:
Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
Then you are saying you, like oatey, deny the trinity and specifically deny the person of the Holy Spirit

That presence is the Holy Spirit which is the presence of all Heaven in which Christ lives today.

Not an antagonizing, domineering, pushing presence, we see so often from some believers.

If you have entered and lived for a time in His presence then your whole life will never be the same again.

:
and believe the Spirit to be sometimes Christ and sometimes the Father.

You are saying this close but not exactly, because Jesus speaks from His Father sometimes and other times it is Jesus speaking.

You can come to understand the truth if you want to pay the price for it, which is your own self life---

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

LA

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We are having a conversation here, so you can leave your opinions somewhere else thank you.

A4T can respond to this-----

LA

Whats to respond to, you didnt ask me anything to respond to and you just confirmed what i said originally, you and oat both deny the trinity. You just wiggle and call it something else, while he is open about it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You need to understand that God has a presence around Him which no man has.( In Him and around Him which is Himself)

Jesus speaks from His Father sometimes and other times it is Jesus speaking.

LA

Cross Reference

The fulfillment of the "Rest" of God can be summed up in this verse:

"And this is life eternal, that they might *know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" John 17:3 (KJV)

*Intimacy here as between a husband and wife.