Ye must be born again !

beloved57

Why the New Birth for some ?

Why the New Birth for some ?

Jn 3:7

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Understand, those Christ has died for must be born again for the purpose of conversion, a newness of life. By New Birth ability is now given the soul by which the new born to be converted is enabled to Spiritually hear and believe on Christ for all of Salvation and Righteousness, as He is revealed to them in the Gospel Rom 1:16; for without it, the Gospel, the things of God cannot be spiritually received and understood as per Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The word understandeth here is the greek word syniēmi and means:

I.
to set or bring together
A.
in a hostile sense, of combatants

II.
to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived
A.
to set or join together in the mindI.

i.e. to understand: the man of understanding

ii.
idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

Now, Paul writes of the plight of the Lost man by nature and writes this Rom 3:11

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Yep that includes you and I by nature, we do not understand the things of God, we cannot bring or join them together in our mind.

Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The unregenerate man and mind cannot put together the things of God together in their minds because its enmity against God and the things of God !

Paul writes something similar to that notion here 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated. AMP

Please note something here, this by no means does not mean that the natural man cannot have a natural intellectual ability to receive the Gospel Truths, but we do deny as does scripture that he has spiritual ability to do so. In the New Birth the Spirit of God immediately begets in the new born one a capacity for spiritual understanding, a spiritual will, spiritual affections, all Spiritual sensitivity faculties, to prepare them for the embracing with the New Heart, the Word of the Kingdom Matt 13:23.

beloved57

The Necessity of the New Birth !

The word must dei:

I.it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper
A.
necessity lying in the nature of the case

Without it, men by nature are only flesh as Per Jesus statement Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And when it comes to God, obeying God, Pleasing God Jesus says Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This confirms one of the assesments of God's inditement of mankind by nature here through Paul Rom 3:12

They are all gone out of the way, they are G889 together become unprofitable; G889 there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

We as men by nature are unserviceable and useless to God.

With that in Mind, Not until a man is born again spiritually, does he have the ability to perform any acts of spiritual obedience, exercises, such as Repentance towards God and Faith in Christ as Per Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The natural man of only natural generation cannot perform these charges, exhortations !

But only those who are of the Regeneration, who have been born again !

Since God knows this obviously, then He knows that those whom He desires to Repent and put faith in Christ, needs to first be Born Again, hence the Necessity of the New Birth from the Divine Perspective.

Those whom God is not willing that they perish, but come to Repentance 2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Then He has also willed their New Birth First to Accomplish His will !

beloved57

New Birth or Regeneration is the Spiritual Application of Justification or Imputed Righteousness, for Imputed Righteousness necessitates an Impartation of Righteousness which is New Birth or Regeneration. All whom God Justifies through the Death of His Son, must have that spiritually applied.

In this Regeneration the Justified one is now enabled to Repent and be ye Converted and receive the Gospel of their Salvation, for without New Birth however, this Conversion is impossible, Jesus said Matt 18:3

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

That's just another way of Jesus saying what He said here Jn 3:7

The word become in Matt 18:3

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Its the word ginomai:

I.to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being

Its speaking of New Birth, a coming into existence a second time, to receive a New Being, Existence, Nature, conscious, existence; life

Without this, Our Conversion to God is non existence ! Without it, man cannot see the Kingdom of God, nor the things of it. Without it he is blind to those things mentally and cannot perceive them, and they are foolishness to him, for they are only spiritually discerned. One of the things that is Spiritual that is foolishness to him, as per 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Is the Preaching of the Cross 1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The preaching of the Cross is to them that are in a lost state foolishness. The word for perish here in 1 Cor 1:18 is the word lost here in 2 Cor 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

As long as man is in a unregenerate state by nature, he is experientially lost and in that case he is in a perishing state, and consequently to him in that state, the Preaching of the Cross, when its preached truthfully, is foolishness !

So one must be in a saved regenerate state of New Birth before the Gospel to them is not foolishness !

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again

This is not an imperative given by Jesus to nicademus or anyone else, its an expression of need or necessity the word must dei:

I.it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper
A.
necessity lying in the nature of the case

The Need of the New Birth before the Elect of God can Repent and Believe the Gospel, is because of what they are by nature, for by nature all men are without exception are 1000% percent totally depraved corrupt, wicked, or perverted, and that incurably so, and so are not capable of anything on a spiritual level good ! Rom 3:10-12

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Now I already know the proud freewillers and arminians do not believe this truth about themselves, but do relegate it to others, but not to themselves by nature.

In fact however we are all by nature spiritually dead ! That's why is incurable, death is final !

Now all of us by natural birth are what Jesus says here Jn 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That's it folks, no matter how refined, cultured, religious, educated, moral and on and on, That which is born of the flesh [natural birth] is flesh ! And Paul writes about that this Rom 8:8

Basically it means they which only have had a natural birth by their natural parents, cannot please God !!!!

All of us are born totally dead in trespasses and sins, hence we walk according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit which now worketh in the children of disobedience. Eph 2:2

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The word walked means i.to regulate one's life according to a course of the age. The word according to is strong here , it means motion and direction, after the manner of:

Its to follow the rule of a destructive spiritual power.

Under the control of an spirit of operation ! Under the control of a Strong man Matt 12:29

Hence by nature, all of us, elect and non elect alike, we are in the realm of satan's kingdom, which Paul mentions here Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

All by nature, that which is flesh Jn 3:6a is under the Power of darkness:

That word Power means:

The power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)

We are under in his Kingdom. Jesus said Matt 12:26

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

We are all by nature under his Power of darkness Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

All the while we are in nature, we can do nothing spiritually good, but only comply to satans will Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Even though Jesus is speaking to the children of the devil here, nevertheless, those He came to redeem of the Children of God, do have the same nature by birth as they do, and by that nature, we do only the lusts of the devil , which is disobedience to God again Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

This describes Spiritual death ! Which we are by nature, elect and non elect !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 2

Now again, this must be made clear, even though the Elect of God BY NATURE are not the children of the devil or of disobedience, nevertheless by nature they share the same type of nature, sinful, and as long as they merely remain in an unregenerate state in the flesh, we are remaining in satans power and kingdom, and cannot Hear, nor Understand God's words Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

We by nature as the devil's children by nature cannot hear it when preached nor when its read, and True Faith is birthed by Hearing the Word of God Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Not only by nature we cannot hear the word of God, but neither do we understand it Again Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

And understanding is needed to hear spiritually and bear fruit Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Hearing without understanding it is not the Hearing of Rom 10:17.

Also the Natural man by nature does not understand spiritual things of God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

I know many proud religionists like arminians and freewillers exempt themselves from the None here ! And they proudly claim that while they were in nature of the flesh, that they both sought after the True God and Understood Him !

But Rom 3:11 is by Paul here under Inspiration being applied to all men without exception Universally from age to age.

Listen, not one person under heaven, born of a woman, understands or seeks for the True Living God nor hears and understand His Word of Truth, and if we say otherwise, we are liars and the truth is not in us; Before any of us can Spiritually Hear God's Words, and begin to understand it, we must first be of God Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And We must be delivered out of the kingdom of satan, of which Paul gives thanks to God for here Col 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered [set free, rescued] us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Which is the result of the New Birth, and its when we are in the Kingdom of His Dear Son experientially by New Birth that we can Hear the Gospel of the Kingdom !

Its only men and women born of God into the Kingdom of His Dear Son, that shall be able to hear God's Words Jn 8:47, and hence its only they that can be those in this category Rom 10:17 ! Life from God must be before we can have the ability to hear, understand and believe, and that is why all for whom Christ died and redeemed, must be born again Jn 3:7

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 3

The scripture is full of the teaching of the New Birth or Regeneration because men by nature are spiritually dead, both the Elect[Children of God] and non elect [the children of the devil].

Here are a few scriptures that indicate the same. Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

The word dead nekros:

I.
properly
A.
one that has breathed his last, lifeless

B.
deceased, departed, one whose soul is in heaven or hell

C.
destitute of life, without life, inanimate

II.
metaph.
A.
spiritually dead
i.
destitute of a life that recognises and is devoted to God, because given up to trespasses and sins
ii.
inactive as respects doing right

B.
destitute of force or power, inactive, inoperative

All in red applies to us all by nature, being dead !

Luke 15:24

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The speaker here is God the Father, and notice He calls the one that was dead, My Son, meaning a Child of God by nature, but being dead !

Now also understand something else about this verse, when the child of God is by nature dead in sin, he is also in a state of being lost "he was lost, and is found"

The word Lost apollymi is the same word Paul used here 2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now understand something from Lk 15:24, while we are dead, we are Lost, and so all the while we are in this state or condition, the Gospel is being hid from us, so before believing the Gospel we must be saved out of a lost condition, which is what being made alive means Eph 2:5, which is also New Birth / Regeneration !

Last edited:

Truster

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

When Jesus told Nicodemus that except a man be born again he cannot see [perceive] the Kingdom of God as per vs 3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

In essence, what Jesus meant, except ye are of that seed in Me, by being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World [Eph 1:4] ye cannot see or understand the Kingdom of God, which is to include it's Gospel, The Gospel of the Kingdom or of the Kingdom of God. Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 1:14

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Which are also the Kingdom Mysteries Luke 8:10

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Now, even though Jesus was giving a condition " except ye be born again ", yet He was not giving a imperative or duty for one to perform to become born again; because there is nothing a person can do to be born; even if it was for us to go back into our mothers womb, [ which its not] how could we accomplish that ? Could we make ourselves fetuses again ? Would that be in our ability ?

But nevertheless, Christ meant what He said in stating that 'Ye must be born Again " !

The correct term is born ''above''. The Greek ''anothen'' is used only here twice and once in Galatians where it is correctly translated as ''upper mostly''.
It's interesting to note that ''anothen'' also means 'from the beginning' So when you consider the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, at the beginning, the true sense is born from the beginning when the Lamb was slain….lovely!

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 4

Now more scriptures on us , man by nature, being dead Matt 8:22

22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Here in this verse nekros dead means for the first mention, the spiritually dead, the second mention means the physically dead person who is being funeralized !

This scripture also gives us to know that those Christ called to follow Him are not Spiritually dead. We know also who it is He calls to follow Him, His Sheep Jn 10:1-4

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Another passage that indicates that men are dead by nature spiritually Ezekiel 37:1-5

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, Indicating death or being dead !

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.

5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

This is analogous to being quickened, or being made alive ! Paul writes to the Spiritually alive Elect Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Man can do nothing towards God without first being made alive by Christ, the Spirit of Christ ! So man must be born again !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 5

The Necessity of the Elect to be born again in order to do anything spiritually good and acceptable to God, lies in the facts, that not only are they dead to God by nature, but also because they as well as all men have hearts of stone Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

All men by nature, jew or gentile have stony hearts ! The word stony here means perverse and hard !

Perverse means:

willfully determined or disposed to go counter to what is expected or desired; contrary.

wayward or cantankerous,persistent or obstinate in what is wrong.

turned away from or rejecting what is right, good, or proper; wicked or corrupt.

Jesus said once of mens hearts Matt 17:17

Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

This indicates that that man's heart by nature is faithless !

Now remember what Jesus also said about the stony heart hearers of His Gospel . Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

At best they can become a false believer, but they shall eventually fall away /apostatize ! But Jesus tells us why Look"Yet hath he not root in himself"

Now exactly what does that mean ? It means they had no real change of heart by New Birth, they still had the same stony heart they had by nature, they just were able to be outwardly reformed.

The same heart is seen here from the lukean account Luke 8:13

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

You see that ? They for a time believe or as Matt wrote it receive the word with Joy Matt 13:20. But notice what shall happen to them, in time of persecution, suffering, they fall away !

Its the same word here 1 Tim 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from G868 the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Now why do they fall away or depart the Faith ? Jesus told us in Lk 8:13, because they still had hearts of stone, no root, no Christ ! Remember what Paul wrote to the Gentile believers, lest they become over confident because of the fall of the jews Rom 11:18

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Its only because of Christ's Grace communicated to us in New Birth that we become believers, and there is no reason to boast !

This falling away or departing from the faith was common in first century Christianity, and what is the writer of Hebrews points out here Heb 10:38-39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

The writer identifies them that draw back as a separate group, He knows they are those Jesus spoke of here Lk 8:13

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

So those who draw back Heb 10:38-39 are no more than stony heart hearers or believers who had no root in themselves, no Christ in them by New Birth. You see those who are given True Faith to believe on Christ, in addition with that is given the ability to suffer for His Truth Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

So in time of temptation for His Word, they shall not fall away !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 6

Acts 7:51

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

By nature ladies and gentlemen, both the elect and non elect are uncircumcised in heart and ears.

Now I know Stephen here is speaking to jews, but that does not matter gentiles, we by nature are no better than they are ! All men by nature have uncircumcised hearts and ears and cannot stand the Word of Truth ! Its enmity to Truth ! All hearts of men resist the Holy Spirit. That word resist means II.to be adverse, oppose, strive against.

If we deny this, its because of pride ! Our Hearts being uncircumcised is darkness , they are covered to Divine Instruction.

This Truth Necessitates New Birth !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 7

Another reason why the Elect need to be born again, all men by nature to the exclusion of none have impenitent hearts Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

The word impenitent is the greek word ametanoētos:

I.admitting no change of mind, unrepented, impenitent

Folks that is what repentance is, a change of mind. Here is the word repentance as Per Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Its the word metanoia:

I.a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

Folks by nature, no man alive has a repentant heart towards God as Per Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

That's impossible for any one to do who has not been given a New Heart from above !

Notice to whom Paul refers this comment to back up in Rom 2:5, lets look two verses prior Rom 2:3

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

This applies to all spiritually dead men, dead in trespasses and sins. Now listen, in a Lost state, with our native hard hearts, uncircumcised hearts, we can never truly repent towards God. This condition that man is in by nature, both elect and non elect sets the stage for the Necessity of the New Birth, in fact, if men were not regenerated before the Gospel is sent to them, there would be no conversions to God at all. If Their were no regenerate to hear the Gospel and Believe, Jesus would not have needed to send Preachers to Preach the Gospel. For no one would believe, no one would repent Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Where does Repentance come from ? 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

It comes from being begotten again. This word is anagennaō:

I.
to produce again, be born again, born anew
II.
metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

That's it folks, it comes from above, from being born again. That's it, no other way can man have a repentant heart towards God Acts 20:21

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 8

I have shown why God's Elect need to be born again, because they are by nature, as well as the non elect, are Spiritually Dead and have Uncircumcised hearts that cannot Savingly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now we will look at the many sayings, or phrases in scripture that mean or imply New Birth or Being Born Again.

Now the Term Circumcision of the Heart is one Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

That's why some men do Love God Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Folks if God really Loved us in Christ, He by New Birth gives us a circumcised heart to love Him Back, This is a Circumcised Heart Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

That's New Birth !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 9

Now this circumcision of the heart is imperative because circumcision as it was under the Old Covenant indicated that the one being circumcised had been born into the Covenant People, hence Abraham was told to circumcise the males. Now understand this, Abraham in this was a Type of Christ in that as Abraham's Seed was circumcised, so it is with Christ's Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he[Christ] shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The difference is this, Abraham's Seed according to the flesh must receive a physical circumcision, whereas Christ Seed, which is Abraham's Spiritual Seed, must receive a Spiritual Circumcision of the Heart, indicating they were His Seed Isa 53:10.

Now Jesus coming into the world in the flesh was in line with God's Covenant Command to Abraham's Seed Lk 1:72-73

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

And Jesus as a babe was circumcised according to the Abrahamic Covenant Lk 2:21

21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child,Gen 17:12 his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Remember God's word to Abraham Gen 17:10-14

10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Now its for certain that Christ is Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And so Christ's Seed is Abraham's Seed Isa 53:10, however Abraham's Seed through His Seed Christ is a Spiritual Seed, not a ethnic physical seed. So now understand, Abraham's Seed through His Seed Christ, to evidence that they are Abraham's Spiritual Seed, they must according to the Covenant Gen 17:9-13, they must receive Spiritual Circumcision, and that's why Abraham's Seed that belongs to Christ, must be born again Jn 3:7, their New Birth is their Spiritual Circumcision according to Covenant, manifesting them as Abraham's Seed and Heirs according to Promise through His Seed Christ Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 10

Now understand something, the Circumcision of the son in the covenant family was not the responsibility of the child, nor was it according the child's own will, as neither his birth, but it was the responsibility of the progenitor of the child, Lets read back in Gen 17:9-12

9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Who is responsible for the son's circumcision here ? Also when Christ was born as a babe, who was under responsibility to have him circumcised ? Lk 2:21-27

21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord )

24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
The progenitor or the Father is responsible for the seed that God gives him, and so it was with Christ, He is responsible to His Covenant God and Father to circumcise the seed, children given Him, for they are Christ's Seed Isa 53:10, Christ is their Everlasting Father Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

So if He does not circumcise His Seed given Him, He does not fulfill the obligations of the Everlasting Covenant as it is stated in type Gen 17:13-14

13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

The Elect are children given to Christ Heb 2:13,16

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Which by the way are the seed of Abraham :

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Therefore Christ must see to it that they Love God, by the their circumcision Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

This is New Birth, and this is why also the Crowning achievement of Christ's Exaltation was the Father gave Him the Holy Spirit to pour out on His Seed, that the Spirit should circumcise their hearts. Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

All for whom Christ died, must receive the Circumcision of Christ Col 2:11

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

If we do not receive this circumcision by New Birth, we were none of His Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 11

Another scriptural saying that denotes New Birth/ Regeneration is Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

No man can believe on Christ with the Heart without first receiving the Gift of a New Heart ! Rom 10:9-10 is describing the action of the New Heart, its the New Heart of Flesh !

Another is Gal 6:15

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 3:7 Ye must be born again 12

Col 2:11

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

The circumcision of Christ ! Its been stated before that Christ, the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16, does as His Type Abraham did, circumcises His Seed, but with a Spiritual Circumcision or New Birth. Now to add to that point, even His Death portends this Spiritual Circumcision in that Christ's Death is called a Circumcision Col 2:11, its that having been crucified with Christ [The Old Man], putting off that body of the flesh Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

In Christ's Crucifixion for those He substituted for, died in their stead and behalf, that old life we have in adam has been put to death or crucified in a allegorical way as the dead skin is circumcised or cut off, and this follows a living reality of a New Life by New Birth, and the Spiritual Circumcision of Heart to serve God in Newness of Life.

That's why it can be said about all for whom Christ died and rose this 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This being begotten again through His Resurrection means this, the word begotten again is the greek ἀναγεννάω:

I beget again, beget into a new life.

anagennáō (from 303 /aná, "up, again," which intensifies 1080 /gennáō, "give birth") – properly, born-again or "born from on high."

That's what Christ's Death effects, for all whom He died, this is the Circumcision of Christ, a New Life unto God by New Birth.

Last edited:

beloved57

Who are the ones who shall be born again ?

Who are the ones who shall be born again ? Remember Jesus words Jn 3:7

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. to Nicademus.

Well, all the ones that Jesus came to redeem and did in fact redeem, by His Blood Gal 3:13; Eph 1:7.

Now all who have been redeemed by His Blood are sprinkled with it 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The sprinkling of the Blood here denotes Redemption, and Christ's Blood redeems those He died for, from a vain manner of life 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation[manner of life] received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

A vain manner of life is contrasted to a Holy Manner of Life as in 1 Pet 1:15

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

Now in a unregenerate state, no matter how religious and moral we may have been, are lives are vain, unprofitable [Rom 3:12],our walk or manner of life before New Birth is stated here Eph 2:2-3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Now understand, lust of the flesh here does include being religious. Paul writes here 2 Tim 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

This is not talking about sexual lusts and all that, but religious lusts, false doctrines apostate from the Truth; But Christ's precious blood redeems those He died for from that vain manner of Life by New Birth. Lets go back to Vs 18 1 Pet 1:18

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

This is key here as to understanding the power of the Cross and Redemption, those Christ died for are redeemed FROM a vain manner of life. The word from is the greek preposition ek and it means:

A primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative

I.out of, from, by, away from

His death/blood redeems them He died for out of,away from a vain manner of life !

The redemption delivers from evils of every kind, internal and external.

Now lets go back to 1 Pet 1:1-2, and the result of the sprinkling f the blood, which again denotes redemption, it is that we are begotten again by the resurrection of Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This being begotten again is a New Life ! The word for begotten again anagennaō means:

I.
to produce again, be born again, born anew

II.
metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

This New Life here is obtained for them and applied because of the redemption of His Blood.

So the ones who are to be born again, are the ones Christ died for and redeemed with His Blood

Last edited:

beloved57

Who are the ones who shall be born again ? 2

First I hoped to show who it is that shall be born again, by showing that its all those Redeemed by the Blood of Christ, that by His Blood He redeems them out of a vain manner of Life by the New Birth 1 Pet 1:18-19 and they are the ones of 1 Pet 1:2, the objects of the sprinkling of the blood, which again refers to redemption by His Precious Blood.

Now, Secondly and joined to the first, the redeemed, the subjecs of New Birth or Regeneration are those of the Elect of God or the Election of Grace. Here in 1 Pet 1:2 they are called those that are Elect according to the foreknowledge of God as seen here 1 Pet 1:1-3

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

See the progression here? They are Elected, Redeemed, and Begotten Again ! That's the Work of the Triune God. The Father Elected, the Son Redeemed and the Spirit quickened them !

The Foreknowledge of God in Vs 2 refers to the foreknown People of God Rom 11:2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

And Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

New Birth is of Necessity to be conformed to the Image of God's Son !

So they are the ones Elect according to the Father's Foreknowledge, also they are said to be a Chosen generation 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

That word chosen means:

I.picked out, chosen
A.
chosen by God,
i.
to obtain salvation through Christ

In fact its the same word for Elect in 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect or Chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now of course, some false teachers shall say that 1 Pet 2:9 refers to only ethnic jews because of the words Holy Nation there and of course here Exodous 19:6

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

But they do lie, and that's why they are false teachers, but 1 Pet 2:9 applies to all who are begotten again through the Resurrection of Christ unto a Lively Hope 1 Pet 1:3

Does that apply only to ethnic jews ? Did Christ die and was Resurrected for only ethnic jews ? God forbid !

Also we know that it also applies to Gentiles by a simple comparison of scripture, for scripture explains scripture. Compare 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Notice, They are as lively stones built up a Spiritual House or Temple. Remember Jesus made a reference to stones and Temple Matt 24:1-2

And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

So the idea of 1 Pet 2:5 is that of being built into a Spiritual Temple or House for God to dwell in !

Now lets compare that to Eph 2:21-22 where Gentiles are being written to:

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Which we know these to be the Chosen of God also from Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So how could the Chosen in Eph 1:4 who are a Spiritual Temple in the building, be different from those in 1 Pet 2:5,9 who are being built a Spiritual House , Temple ? Is the Spiritual Temple divided again like the OT was ? Then that refutes Eph 2:14,19

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

The partition has been abolished. The word means:

I.
a hedge, a fence

II.
that which separates, prevents two from coming together

So the Spiritual Temple of Eph 2 is the same as the One in 1 Pet 2:5 which is the same as that in 1 Pet 2:9 which fulfills Ex 19:6 which was directed to Israel !

Now, this is all to prove that its the Chosen ones of God, who shall be born again, which are the Redeemed ones.

Last edited:

beloved57

The sin nature in Adam is not born again !

When one is born again as Christ stated here Jn 3:7

Now understand something here. When Jesus gives this Necessity, its not that the sinner must be born over again, nor that the sinners sin nature is born over again, for the word is born anew :

I.from above, from a higher place

A.of things which come from heaven or God

II.from the first, from the beginning, from the very first

III.anew, over again

Jesus is speaking of a Birth which comes from above, being born anew, a birth from heaven.

its a Birth that comes from here Eph 2:6

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Yes, those who were raised up together with Him, are also sitting with Him on the Right Hand of God in Union Representation. He is there [at the Right Hand of God] making Intercession for them Rom 8:34

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at [the right hand of God], who also maketh intercession for us.

So this one receives a Birth from above, a New Birth also in Kind. Its not the birth the sinner had in the flesh, so Jesus said Jn 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

In fact that which they are by nature and the first birth remains the same, that's why Paul as well as True Believers can Say as Born Again Ones 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Yes being born again anew, does nothing to change us from being sinners in the flesh. Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

We even still serve sin in the flesh Rom 7:25

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We know Paul is speaking as a Dual Person and One that is Born Again because He says here with His Mind He serves the Law of God, verses in the flesh he serves the Law of sin.

Now, he has to be born of the Spirit to serve the Law of God with his Mind because of this Truth Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If Paul was not Born Again, he could not with the Mind he has by nature serve God because that mind is enmity against God, and it is NOT subject to the Law of God !

You see what He says he does in Rom 7:25 with his Mind serving , submitting to the Law of God, its what he cannot do with his mind in Rom 8:7, CANNOT !

Last edited:

beloved57

The sin nature in Adam is not born again ! 2

So since the sin nature we have by nature out of the corruptible seed of Adam is not born again, the saints are as Paul said of Himself 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I am chief of sinners here is in the present tense, its a present indicative verb, I am presently chief of sinners, because his sin nature which he received from his union with adam the corruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23, it has not been changed or altered in any way, its just as depraved as it was coming out of his mother's womb, as it is with all the Election of Grace.

So to be Born Again is not the New Birth of the Old Man Adam, but it is the addition or the uniting,adjoining of a New Man, Born from Above out of Incorruptible Seed, The Word of God, who sits on the Right Hand of God, and herein this New Man lies Righteousness and True Holiness Eph 4:23-24

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

We know the Old Man is still near by what is said in Vs 22

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

That's we can say with Paul Rom 7:21

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil[of a bad nature] is present with me.

That's the old man, the flesh, because as Jesus said Jn 3:6

Last edited: