Executing homosexuals

Doormat

My plan is to speak the Word of God until Jesus returns and sets up the Millennial Kingdom and imposes Mosaic Law upon all the nations of the earth.

If you tell people that Jesus is going to impose the Mosaic Law upon all the nations of the earth, you are speaking against the Word of God.

The Word of God says that says homosexuals should be put to death, not have their vile perversions celebrated.

The Word of God states that you should be put to death for adultery. (You said elsewhere that you committed adultery.) If Jesus imposes the Mosaic Law on you, you're going to be executed. There is no statute of limitations on the offense of adultery.

Proclaiming the truth will save a few and will harden the hearts of the many.

You cannot make the gospel conditional on same sex attraction.

I have no other plan.

You have no other plan.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Deuteronomy 21:18 et seq.
There's more to it than that. Try again.

What part of of *discussing the execution of homosexuals is irrelevant* do you not understand?
Do what?

I mean you are certainly welcome to continue pining away for such laws to be mandated, but it has been explained to you why it will never happen as well as why it would not fall into the same category as other death penalty offenses.

• I know why it would never happen in the USA.
  • No one has yet demonstrated why it would be problematic under the theoretical regime and rule I propose. All they've offered is straw men.

You were being asked a question which wasn't presupposing anything on your part. You only had one sensible answer to make along with anyone asked the same. Your failure to answer says it all.
The fact you're declaring victory after asking an irrelevant question exposes your failure and dishonesty.

You bought your own parameters into this exchange so don't start crying 'straw man' as if it means anything. I drew parallels in order to show how barbarism and atrocity should be plainly obvious without any need for further explanation.
Those things are obvious. Executing criminals for crimes against nature is neither barbaric, nor an atrocity.

Well, that would be 'due' to poor reasoning, but anyone who thinks homosexuals should be 'executed' simply for having relations has a lack of humanity towards others regardless. Well, at least as far as I'm concerned. :plain:
That's not why, imbecile. It's not that simple, but you don't actually care; so why are you even here?

And are you really going to complain about a typo?

There's been several arguments already made here which would counter your position. Why are you so dismissive of them? Do you honestly think your 'ideal' would serve society better? An 'Orwellian nightmare'?
All you've countered is straw men. You've done nothing but lie about my ideal. And I'm not going to repeat myself about the difference between my ideal and Big Brother.

Just keep lying, like the scum you are.

I bet you think the 'Pink Swastika' is viable as well?
Why would I even care?

So? You were in error to think that my own comment on the viability of a vote was in any way a comment on what your opinion may or may not have been on the thing one way or another. You were the the one who completely misread the situation so just bloody admit your error for once.
No, you twit. I thought your comment was irrelevant because I had already said as much in different words, but you still felt it necessary to tell me as though I didn't already know.

Oh, maybe next time I'll 'pepper' it with a multitude of oh so witty 'moron', 'idiot', 'fool' comments. Seriously, if you're gonna act like an immature little kid with such a boring vocab as the above then you'll get it back in turn. Stop acting like such an obnoxious brat with delusions of genius yeh?
Genius? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm well aware my IQ is average.

And I limit my vocabulary so the idiots understand it.

Ever read '1984'?
Yeah, in high school. Not a society I would impose on anyone. But you're still too stupid to understand how criminalizing homosexuality doesn't equate to invasions of privacy.

No it isn't, the same as I don't think the 1300's had a thriving karaoke nightclub business going on either. :doh:
As usual you miss the point.

genuineoriginal

If you tell people that Jesus is going to impose the Mosaic Law upon all the nations of the earth, you are speaking against the Word of God.
Technically, it is God's Law given through Jesus that will be imposed.
Functionally, it is almost identical to God's Law given through Moses.
It will include Levites serving in the Temple, animal sacrifices, the Feasts of the Lord, etc.
All of this comes from the descriptions found in the Bible of the Millennial Kingdom.

The Word of God states that you should be put to death for adultery. (You said elsewhere that you committed adultery.) If Jesus imposes the Mosaic Law on you, you're going to be executed. There is no statute of limitations on the offense of adultery.
You don't seem to know God's Law very well if you are going to make a mistaken assumption like that.
When Jesus confronted a woman caught in adultery, He imposed Mosaic Law on her but He did not execute her.

You cannot make the gospel conditional on same sex attraction.
Sins that are worthy of the death penalty to rid society of the evil are extremely offensive.
The people that do them have the same opportunity to believe the Gospel and repent of their sins as anyone else.

Acts 17:30-31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

There is no way for anyone to be saved if they continue to live in unrepentant rebellion against God.

You have no other plan.
If you are stating that I have no plan to put homosexuals to death for their offenses, you are right.
You have joined the ranks of the 1% of people on this forum smart enough to actually figure that out.
Congratulations.

:first:

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant:

Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Until seven times?"

Jesus said to him, "I don't tell you until seven times, but, until seventy times seven. Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who wanted to reconcile accounts with his servants. When he had begun to reconcile, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. But because he couldn't pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, with his wife, his children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down and knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, have patience with me, and I will repay you all!' The lord of that servant, being moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

"But that servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, who owed him one hundred denarii, and he grabbed him, and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'

"So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will repay you!' He would not, but went and cast him into prison, until he should pay back that which was due. So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were exceedingly sorry, and came and told to their lord all that was done. Then his lord called him in, and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me. Shouldn't you also have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?' His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him. So my heavenly Father will also do to you, if you don't each forgive your brother from your hearts for his misdeeds."

— Matthew 18:21-35

genuineoriginal, you are the unforgiving servant in this passage. You expect to be forgiven for your trespass, yet you expect that others be put to death for theirs. You have previously committed the sin of adultery, which you freely admit. By your own moral standard, the punishment for said transgression is death. So then just who are you to call for the execution of others when you are just as guilty yourself? Furthermore, your sin is worse as you have actually harmed another person. When you get married you implicitly promise to be faithful to your partner - a promise that you betrayed when you committed your act of adultery. Whereas two men engaging in consensual sexual activity in private harm no one.

You have absolutely no right to speak on this when YOUR OWN MORAL STANDARD calls for your death.

genuineoriginal

genuineoriginal, you are the unforgiving servant in this passage.
No, I am not, but you appear to be wanting to take up that role.
You expect to be forgiven for your trespass, yet you expect that others be put to death for theirs.
What is the standard given for forgiveness?

Luke 17:4
And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.​

How dare you claim that the unrepentant are to be granted forgiveness by God.

You have previously committed the sin of adultery, which you freely admit. By your own moral standard, the punishment for said transgression is death. So then just who are you to call for the execution of others when you are just as guilty yourself?
What makes you think God will forgive you for lying about what I said?
I have called for the repentance of others so they can be forgiven.

Whereas two men engaging in consensual sexual activity in private harm no one.
Since that is a lie straight from the pit of hell, are you now showing us who your real father is? John 8:44

You have absolutely no right to speak on this when YOUR OWN MORAL STANDARD calls for your death.
It is too bad for you that it is those very standards that give me the right to speak on this.
Luke 23:40-42

No, I am not, but you appear to be wanting to take up that role.

I have never called for the death penalty for the same offense that I may have committed in my life. I also do not believe that one should be allowed to weasel out of any and all punishment for actual offenses simply by squealing that they're sorry. (Then again I also do not believe that any religious dogma should be given the force of law in any country, though trying to get it through to you that you do not have the right to enforce Biblical law especially against nonbelievers is like talking to a wall.)

What is the standard given for forgiveness?

Luke 17:4
And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.​

How dare you claim that the unrepentant are to be granted forgiveness by God.

How dare you presume to speak for God.

What makes you think God will forgive you for lying about what I said?
I have called for the repentance of others so they can be forgiven.

Did you not admit, in your own words, that you have in fact committed adultery?

Since that is a lie straight from the pit of hell, are you now showing us who your real father is? John 8:44

If I am lying, then who is the victim of this act?

It is too bad for you that it is those very standards that give me the right to speak on this.
Luke 23:40-42

No it is this that gives you the right to speak: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If you wish to live in a society in which homosexuality is a capital offense, might I suggest you move to some place like Saudi Arabia or Iran.

zoo22

I think people talk more about homosexuals than they do abortion here at TOL. For stopping abortion, there are all sorts of plans. Petitions, shirts, ads, talk shows, marches, protests, cardboard signs, proposed legislation, so forth. Why is there nothing comparable for executing homosexuals? I can't imagine that folks just talk about this endlessly and have no plan?

What's the plan to exterminate the homosexuals?

Posted from the TOL App!

I think people talk more about homosexuals than they do abortion here at TOL. For stopping abortion, there are all sorts of plans. Petitions, shirts, ads, talk shows, marches, protests, cardboard signs, proposed legislation, so forth. Why is there nothing comparable for executing homosexuals? I can't imagine that folks just talk about this endlessly and have no plan?

Even when homosexuality was criminalized there was never any significant push to make it a capital offense. Sure you had your bat guano insane dominionists looking to institute their strict interpretation of Biblical law, just as we have to day, but there were never enough of them for them to be an actual threat to get their way. For most people, the idea of actually executing homosexuals was going just a bit too far.

TOL just seems to concentrate the dominionist crazies, for some reason.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Restoring sanity.......

Restoring sanity.......

First enlightenment on the subject of the Bible & homosexuality properly researched (access-portal here), then a proper plan of action or non-action can be had.

The haters contending for 'execution' have to prove that being a 'homosexual' is a crime, let alone determining what concensual 'intimate' acts between persons of the same gender 'in private' can be justly deemed as 'unlawful', which puts their 'plan' into further complication, to say nothing of its futility, since I dont see such a law ever being enforced in a free society that has moved beyond tribal mores and primitive superstitions. - Even Israel has for centuries ignored its own mosaic 'laws' NOT enforcing their literal demands, they being 're-interpreted' or held as only 'figurative' to be current with the curriculum of modern times.

Trying to 'reinvent' a plan to execute gays is like putting a square peg into a circular opening, since Christians for one have no authority or business anyways enforcing Jewish laws that not even Jews observe! Thats just the tip of the iceberg here, besides the obvious elephant in the room being that the verses in the Bible used against homosexuality suffer a biased interpretation but can be seen differently once all aspects of the translation and context are considered, not to mention our understanding and knowledge of homosexuality trumps certain presumptions and shows the primitive ignorance and limited cultural-context of those times before.

Finally, it will be a hard pressed vanity to find anywhere where Jesus called for death to homosexuals, let alone gave time to such an insane obsession, when he was about teaching the kingdom of heaven, healing the sick and doing good works among the people.

pj

genuineoriginal

I have never called for the death penalty for the same offense that I may have committed in my life.
It is amazing how much you sound like a hypocrite.

I also do not believe that one should be allowed to weasel out of any and all punishment for actual offenses simply by squealing that they're sorry.
I don't either.
What is your point?

How dare you presume to speak for God.
You can speak for your god, I can speak for the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the creator of the universe, who is revealed in the words of the Holy Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

If I am lying, then who is the victim of this act?
Every person who ever comes in contact with the two of them are victims.

genuineoriginal

I think you have it backwards.

There are pro-choice people and pro-life people.

The pro-choice people are trying to do whatever they can to kill as many babies as they can before they are born.

Pro-life people will try to save an unborn baby through all the efforts you have listed. The pro-life people are trying to do whatever they can to save each life.

Pro-choice people can put homosexuals in every television series, lobby for laws to make the Bible a hate crime, and support gay marriage. They will do anything to convince people to commit sins worthy of death in defiance of God.

Pro-life people are reminding people that God declared homosexual sins to be so offensive that the people that do them are worthy of death in order to get them to wake up from the pro-choice stupor they are in and save themselves from damnation by repenting.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Posted from the TOL App!

Because even maniacs know sooner or later you need to draw some lines.

They've expressed the desire, and have explained the what; the how, I think, is too unseemly to put in print, and they realize how much damage that could do them. (I can't tell you how often I heard in literal, actual smoke-filled rooms Reconstructionists and the like comment, "If they knew what we really believed...")

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant:

Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Until seven times?"

Jesus said to him, "I don't tell you until seven times, but, until seventy times seven. Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who wanted to reconcile accounts with his servants. When he had begun to reconcile, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. But because he couldn't pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, with his wife, his children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down and knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, have patience with me, and I will repay you all!' The lord of that servant, being moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

"But that servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, who owed him one hundred denarii, and he grabbed him, and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'

"So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will repay you!' He would not, but went and cast him into prison, until he should pay back that which was due. So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were exceedingly sorry, and came and told to their lord all that was done. Then his lord called him in, and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me. Shouldn't you also have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?' His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him. So my heavenly Father will also do to you, if you don't each forgive your brother from your hearts for his misdeeds."

— Matthew 18:21-35

genuineoriginal, you are the unforgiving servant in this passage. You expect to be forgiven for your trespass, yet you expect that others be put to death for theirs. You have previously committed the sin of adultery, which you freely admit. By your own moral standard, the punishment for said transgression is death. So then just who are you to call for the execution of others when you are just as guilty yourself? Furthermore, your sin is worse as you have actually harmed another person. When you get married you implicitly promise to be faithful to your partner - a promise that you betrayed when you committed your act of adultery. Whereas two men engaging in consensual sexual activity in private harm no one.

You quite misunderstand much.

I know that for myself, I want them all to be forgiven of their sin as I have been. But if the laws I advocate were in place and I then committed a capital crime I would not be opposed to suffering my punishment.

Look up "The First Five Days."

What's amazing is how much he doesn't understand the word of God, but presumes to.

No you are the one who is clearly a hypocrite. You would call for the stoning to death of adulterers when you have committed the same sin yourself. (And if you believe that homosexuals should be executed but not adulterers then you are likewise a hypocrite as your sole justification for executing homosexuals also calls for the execution of adulterers).

I don't either.
What is your point?

So when shall you be lining up for your stoning?

You can speak for your god, I can speak for the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the creator of the universe, who is revealed in the words of the Holy Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

If I knew absolutely nothing of the Bible I would have to guess that your god was Satan, or maybe Cthulhu or Sauron. Because by the medieval and barbaric views you have expressed so far, I would have to gather that you must worship a very evil god.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the God of MY people, the Jews (although I myself do not actually adhere to any of its practices, or really subscribe to any of its beliefs). Even the most strictly Orthodox Jews, who follow the commandments in the Torah as closely as is possible, do not believe that the execution of homosexuals is something that should actually be carried out, rather it is just symbolic of how serious a sin they believe it to be.

Every person who ever comes in contact with the two of them are victims.

In what way? Please explain this rather dubious claim that you have made here.

I have known people who were gay. I do not know exactly what they might have been doing behind closed doors, as that is absolutely none of my business, but to me they were just like anyone (except unlikely to ever swoop in and try to steal a girl I was chatting with in a bar or some other place). None of them had HIV or AIDS or any other STDs as far as I could tell. I can most certainly say that I have suffered absolutely no harm that I can detect by interacting with anyone who happened to be gay.

I think you have it backwards.

There are pro-choice people and pro-life people.

The pro-choice people are trying to do whatever they can to kill as many babies as they can before they are born.

Pro-life people will try to save an unborn baby through all the efforts you have listed. The pro-life people are trying to do whatever they can to save each life.

Pro-choice people can put homosexuals in every television series, lobby for laws to make the Bible a hate crime, and support gay marriage. They will do anything to convince people to commit sins worthy of death in defiance of God.

Pro-life people are reminding people that God declared homosexual sins to be so offensive that the people that do them are worthy of death in order to get them to wake up from the pro-choice stupor they are in and save themselves from damnation by repenting.

You presume to speak for others.

Nobody (or almost nobody) actually wishes to see more abortions; people who are pro-choice simply believe that a woman's body is entirely her own business, and the decision as to whether or not another organism is allowed to grow inside of her and draw nutrients off of her body is something that nobody gets to decide but herself.

We do not wish to make the Bible a "hate crime", we simply wish for ourselves and others to be able to live our lives as we see fit without conservative Christian fundamentalists trying to impose their religious dogma on every aspect of our lives. Nonbelievers would not get their backs up at public displays of religion were it not for the hidden message that devout Christians are somehow superior to others, and that everyone else is morally inferior and therefore not deserving of the same rights as Christians.

The content of your posts indicates among other things that you seem to lack a theory of mind: you wish to forcefully impose your views on others, so you assume that nonbelievers similarly wish to forcefully impose their views onto you. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I for one do not care what you believe so long as you do not attempt to attach the force of law to it. If I actually shared your beliefs to any extent I would be a Christian. The reason I am not is because I find this whole "Jesus or hellfire" bit to be utterly preposterous.

I do not believe in a god that has given me intelligence and the ability to use logic and reason and to form moral judgments only to forgo their use and instead only believe in knowledge and morality that is contained in a book written over three thousand years ago by people to whom most natural phenomena that we fully understand today were a complete mystery. It is through these mental faculties that I am able to determine that things such as murder, rape, kidnapping and theft are immoral acts as they deprive others of their rights, where as what goes on in private entirely between consenting adults does not infringe on the rights of anyone else (save for those who arrogate for themselves the "right" to decide what people should be allowed to do in private). I find your views on this issue to not only be completely wrong, but morally repugnant as well.

genuineoriginal

You would call for the stoning to death of adulterers when you have committed the same sin yourself. (And if you believe that homosexuals should be executed but not adulterers then you are likewise a hypocrite as your sole justification for executing homosexuals also calls for the execution of adulterers).
I haven't decided yet if you are just a common troll, or if you are a complete and utter moron, but the scales seem to be tipping towards the latter option.

I know that what I did is an offense worthy of death, the same as the offenses of the homosexuals are worthy of death.

If I am put to death for adultery, it is no more than I deserve, but only if it is done in accordance to the Law with two or three eyewitnesses testifying and done in public by the entire community that was harmed so it would serve as a lesson to anyone that dared to consider doing what I had done.

If I was lobbying to get the death penalty instituted in modern law to match what is in the Bible, I would start with adultery because it is in the Ten Commandments written by the very finger of God right after the command about murder.

I have no desire for anyone to be put to death for their sins, even if they deserve it, but I do want people to REPENT of their sins so they can be saved.

As long as homosexuals listen to people that claim homosexual is not a sin, there is no way for the homosexuals to repent.

I haven't decided yet if you are just a common troll, or if you are a complete and utter moron, but the scales seem to be tipping towards the latter option.

I know that what I did is an offense worthy of death, the same as the offenses of the homosexuals are worthy of death.

If I am put to death for adultery, it is no more than I deserve, but only if it is done in accordance to the Law with two or three eyewitnesses testifying and done in public by the entire community that was harmed so it would serve as a lesson to anyone that dared to consider doing what I had done.

If I was lobbying to get the death penalty instituted in modern law to match what is in the Bible, I would start with adultery because it is in the Ten Commandments written by the very finger of God right after the command about murder.

I have no desire for anyone to be put to death for their sins, even if they deserve it, but I do want people to REPENT of their sins so they can be saved.

As long as homosexuals listen to people that claim homosexual is not a sin, there is no way for the homosexuals to repent.

The fact that you have to resort to personal attacks and insulting my intelligence shows that you do not have a leg to stand on in this debate.

By your own moral standard, which you seek to impose on everyone else by granting it the force of law, you yourself have committed a capital offense. Now, I do not believe that you should be put to death, because in my view neither adultery nor hypocrisy are offenses worth of death. The suitable "punishment" for hypocrisy is to call one out on their hypocrisy and to publicly shame them for it, as I have rightfully done with you. (And the punishment for adultery being that it becomes grounds for divorce).

The legal code specified by the Old Testament is utterly barbaric and should have no place in determining policy in a modern society. For examples of what happens when religious morality becomes the basis for law in a society, look to such wonderful states as Saudi Arabia or Iran, or Afghanistan under the Taliban. It is not pretty.

genuineoriginal

The fact that you have to resort to personal attacks and insulting my intelligence shows that you do not have a leg to stand on in this debate.
I did not insult your intelligence.
If anything I insulted the intelligence of morons everywhere.
By your own moral standard, which you seek to impose on everyone else by granting it the force of law
You have it backwards, which is typical of brainwashed pro-choice liberals.
It is not my moral standard, it is God's moral standard.
I am not seeking to impose it on anyone, it is already imposed on everyone in the world by God Himself.

Now, I do not believe that you should be put to death, because in my view neither adultery nor hypocrisy are offenses worth of death.
Then you must be very far from God.
Please repent and draw near to Him.

The suitable "punishment" for hypocrisy is to call one out on their hypocrisy and to publicly shame them for it
Yes, I already pointed out that you are a hypocrite.
Shame on you.

The legal code specified by the Old Testament is utterly barbaric and should have no place in determining policy in a modern society.
See, here is your hypocrisy, you just accused God of being the author of "utterly barbaric" laws that have no place in modern society.

Just when did you become holier than God, and have you bothered to talk to Him about it and let Him know how much holier you are than Him?