ECT The Milk, Then The Meat, Then Born Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlapalm

This is what you said " If your alive your saved. "

I can not imagine the difference of being saved and salvation. One is the state of being after the performance of the event.

What else you got?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This is what you said " If your alive your saved. "

I can not imagine the difference of being saved and salvation. One is the state of being after the performance of the event.

What else you got?

I said
You poor misguided soul. Saved is temporary, salvation is eternal.

SAVED (YOUR SAVED SO YOU CAN WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION)
Jude 1:3-5
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
Heb 9:8-9
8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience--
Jude 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
2 Cor 7:15-16
15 And his affections are greater for you as he remembers the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling you received him.
16 Therefore I rejoice that I have confidence in you in everything.
Titus 2:11-13
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
Heb 3:17-19
17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
(NKJ)

Rom 5:9
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
(NKJ)

Acts 2:40
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
(NKJ)

SALVATION (BEING ACCEPTED)ETERNAL SAVED (PROTECTED WHILE YOU WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION)TEMPORARY

Heb 5:8-9
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
Heb 10:19-20
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
Luke 1:77
77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people by the remission of their sins,
Heb 6:1
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 Pet 1:20-2:1
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
CHAPTER 2
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 Pet 2:18
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.
2 Pet 1:13
13 Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you,
James 1:22
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
James 2:17
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Heb 13:8
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
II Th 2:13
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
Heb 4:9-10
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Mark 9:1
1 And He said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power."
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Eph 1:13-14
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Acts 10:34-35
34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.
35 "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
2 Cor 7:15
15 And his affections are greater for you as he remembers the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling you received him.
2 Cor 7:10
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
Heb 2:3-4
3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,
4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
Jude 1:3
3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.
Gal 5:4-5
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Eph 1:4-6
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
Eph 1:7-12
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth-- in Him.
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
Eph 1:13-14
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Jude 1:2-3
2 Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
2 Pet 3:14-15
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
15 and account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation-- as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
(NKJ)
xxxxx Saved and salvation are alittle different. Saved is your saved from the condemnation you deserve right now. So if your alive your saved. But salvation is being accepted or worthy to go to heaven. Now the one thing that makes you worthy is in knowing your not worthy. Confusing- God wants us to know by what power we make it-His. Our works and the things we do show our determination to please Him. And our determination is what gets us so much mercy and forgiveness. And our determination mixed together with His mercy and forgiveness makes us worthy. And one of the requirements is that we know the truth about ourselves that we alone with out Him are not worthy. Once you have worked 0ut your salvation your name is wirtten in the book of life.

tomlapalm

I don't need a preponderance of verses , one will do, I believe each one.

But you see "saved" as a temporary, related to the physical and the opportunity for eternal salvation?

tomlapalm

Jhn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Is this temporary?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't need a preponderance of verses , one will do, I believe each one.

But you see "saved" as a temporary, related to the physical and the opportunity for eternal salvation?

I said
Ok even thought one has been saved God will destroy them if they do not believe correctly.

Jude 1:5
(NKJ)

tomlapalm

Although you are using established terms in a unusual way, you point out a truth , that God goes to great extents and extends mercy toward us SO that we can hear and accept SALVATION. After we receive Him as Saviour we then are saved.

The securing and sustaining sinners until they finally accept or reject Salvation is not what "saved" is normally used for. The physical is normally not considered in favor of the spiritual in regards to save, saved, and salvation.

tomlapalm

You know what B? you are the only Calvinist that thinks believing is works

Act 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

You arguing with God, you will not change His words , bruddah

tomlapalm

This squeaky thinks you are saved while the Holy Spirits works on you then you get Salvation later as you work it out

B57 , doesn't believe this I know

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have never understood this arguement between faith only people and works people. It is as clear as day to me. It says a man is justified by works, and we will be judged by our works.

Rev 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
(NKJ)

James 2:20
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
(NKJ)

James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

beloved57

Its really not even debatable, babes who desire milk of the word as Per 1 Pet 2:2

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Peter just referred to their birth in Two Spots, 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The word begotten here is the greek word anagennaō:

I.to produce again, be born again, born anew

And it is those whom Peter a few verses later says 1 Pet 2:2

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

So what's debatable ? Its just unbelief !

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Its really not even debatable, babes who desire milk of the word as Per 1 Pet 2:2

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

I said
Oh thats not good. Not (by) but through the resurrection.

1 Pet 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Wow. The first few posts in this thread were gigantic posts full or pure nonsense.

A person is born again through Baptism, as the Bible says. So when a baby is baptised, he or she is born again. No milk, no meat, just Born Again. The rest will come later.

>> Born Again - The Bible Way
>> Infant Baptism

Read those and learn something.

I said
I knew you catholics wer arrogant but to mock God is a new one on me.
To call Gods Word the verses "gigantic posts full or pure nonsense." Your an idiot. Do you know what idiot means in scripture?
That is the definition of the word unlearned. And you have proven you dont know the Word of God.
You must be worshiping that other god, the one Jesus told us about.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4-5
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

I worship the God of the bible, through His Word.

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Wow. The first few posts in this thread were gigantic posts full or pure nonsense.

A person is born again through Baptism, as the Bible says. So when a baby is baptised, he or she is born again. No milk, no meat, just Born Again. The rest will come later.

>> Born Again - The Bible Way
>> Infant Baptism

Read those and learn something.

I said
I proved what I said with scripture. You have no scripture supporting what you say. I'm speaking spiritually with the Word . You have no more than your own opinion speaking from your self. Now thats arrogant.

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

beloved57

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You pretty much said it right here. Born again by the Word of God. The Verses. And them verses come through the Holy Spirit.
1 Pet 1:23

Status
Not open for further replies.