Judge Roy Moore with Gregg Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frayed Knot

Yeah, yeah, yeah, give me Wallbuilders' budget and a few months and I can come up with passages from the Bhagavad Gita that would just as persuasively demonstrate that the Constitution was based on *it*. Those examples you gave are laughable. Seriously? "The children shall not be put to death for their fathers" is some sort of template for the Constitution? Are you snickering while you type your posts?

Oh, and by the way, Deuteronomy 5:9: "I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."

Glad they didn't put that one into our Bill of Rights!

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, yeah, yeah, give me Wallbuilders' budget and a few months and I can come up with passages from the Bhagavad Gita that would just as persuasively demonstrate that the Constitution was based on *it*. Those examples you gave are laughable. Seriously?

Being that my last post wasn't from Wallbuilders, I guess you can't David Barton bash on that one ey?

"The children shall not be put to death for their fathers" is some sort of template for the Constitution? Are you snickering while you type your posts?

I'm having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

The God-given Right to Life was recognized by the Founders:

(More Wallbuilders for your viewing pleasure):

This preservation of innocent life was viewed by our Founding Fathers as one of the chief purposes of civil government. As Thomas Jefferson explained, “the care of human life. . .is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” And the Declaration of Independence similarly declared: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men . . .are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life. . . .[And] that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men.”
Consequently, the Founders established numerous laws to protect innocent life – laws prohibiting murder, suicide (which the Founders termed “self-murder”), assisted suicide, abortion, and infanticide. Yet, in protecting life, the Founders understood that respect for innocent life would dwindle if the influence of religion were reduced in the nation. As President George Washington warned: “Where is the security . . . for life if the sense of religious obligation desert?”
http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=164

Oh, and by the way, Deuteronomy 5:9: "I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."

Glad they didn't put that one into our Bill of Rights!

Our rights come from the Lord thy God.

And now a tour of our nation's capitol:

moses-ten-commandments-1-supreme-court.jpg

Moses appears to be the patron saint of Washington. At the Supreme Court, the biblical prophet sits at the center of the structure’s east pediment; he appears in the gallery of statues leading into the court and in the south frieze of the chamber.

The Ten Commandments are displayed on the courtroom’s gates and doors. Similarly, the House of Representatives meets in a chamber ringed by 23 marble faces, including those of Hammurabi and Napoleon. Eleven look left; 11 look right. They all look toward Moses in the middle, the only one facing forward. Moses stands in the Library of Congress. He appears in front of the Ronald Reagan Building. Images of his tablets are embedded in the floor of the National Archives.

More than any other figure in the ancient world, Moses embodies the American story. He is the champion of oppressed people; he transforms disparate tribes in a forbidding wilderness into a nation of laws; he is the original proponent of freedom and justice for all. The Pilgrims, a band of Protestant outcasts who felt oppressed by the Church of England, saw themselves as fulfilling the biblical story of the Israelites, the descendants of Abraham who were enslaved in Egypt and freed by Moses, then journeyed toward the Promised Land. When the Pilgrims set sail on the Mayflower in 1620, they carried Bibles emblazoned with Moses leading his people to freedom.

In 1751, the Pennsylvania Assembly chose a quote from the five books of Moses for its statehouse bell – the future Liberty Bell: “Proclaim Liberty throughout all the Land unto all the Inhabitants Thereof – Levit. XXV 10.” The writer is the author of America’s Prophet: Moses and the American Story.

Source: Washington Post
http://ivarfjeld.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/

Status
Not open for further replies.