Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Judge Roy Moore with Gregg Jackson

This is the show from Thursday January 27th, 2011.

SUMMARY:

* "Pro-Family" Republicans Removed Judge Roy Moore: A hero of the Christian community, the Ten Commandment judge, former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, Judge Roy Moore, talks to Gregg Jackson about the biblical principles that many national Christian ministries have abandoned. (Remember also Judge Roy Moore's condemnation, along with many other courageous Christian leaders, of the brutally-wicked partial-birth abortion ruling from the Republican U.S. Supreme Court. See AmericanRTL.org/Moore and AmericanRTL.org/PBA.)

* Post-show Note from Bob Enyart: The Justice Sunday events, led by Focus on the Family and other pro-life industry groups, were launched in part to put Judge William Pryor on the federal bench for life. Previously though, Pryor fought to remove Judge Roy Moore whom Dr. Dobson had supported in the Ten Commandments fight. And Pryor had recently voted with many Bush, Reagan, and G. W. Bush nominees, the supposedly "pro-life" Republican judges who starved Terri Schiavo to death. These are just a couple of the many examples of the Republican Judicial Crisis, including the fact that Roe v. Wade was written by a Republican judge, passed by a Republican majority, and for decades Roe has been protected by a heavily Republican U.S. Supreme Court.

* When Ronald Reagan was Elected President: he put the personhood of the unborn child front and center in his pro-life efforts:

* Thanks to Personhood USA: for this great Reagan video! President Ronald Reagan offered to support a Human Life Amendment but the National RTL Committee turned him down in favor of a state-by-state strategy. Yet 30 years later, NRTL opposes1 all state personhood (HLA) efforts. Why? See AmericanRTL.org/Reagan.

Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through the Bible Study department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially our best-selling series on The Plot of the Bible and our verse-by-verse studies of dozens of books of the Bible!

Frayed Knot

Gregg Jackson said:
We end up not going to bat for people like heroes, in my opinion, and in many people's opinion, like Judge Roy Moore, who put God's natural law above man-made law, and lost his job.

A judge's job is to uphold the man-made law, in this case the laws and Constitutions of the State of Alabama and the United States of America. If he is putting his interpretations of his religion above those, then he should be removed.

If you want to live in a place where the people are subject to the whims of how their leaders interpret holy books, move to Pakistan. The US is a secular country.

I've been listening to BEL for several weeks now, and he and I disagree a lot, there are some things we would agree on, but those are mostly matters where reasonable people can disagree. This Roy Moore thing is another kettle of fish - I was very disappointed that Bob would allow this guy to be on his show. I don't consider there to be any leeway on this one - Roy Moore is akin to a traitor, and giving him a platform to speak, and then praising him, is beyond the area where a respectful dialog can be had.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
A judge's job is to uphold the man-made law, in this case the laws and Constitutions of the State of Alabama and the United States of America. If he is putting his interpretations of his religion above those, then he should be removed.

It's good to know that your TMJ flares up at just the mention of Judge Roy Moore.

Being that you don't even believe in God (or do you just HATE Him?), I wouldn't expect for you to acknowledge what Dr. Archie Jones said in his foreward to "The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States":

"The evidence which he [author Rev. Benjamin F. Morris] presents makes it unmistakably clear that early American citizens and statesmen knew what Romans 13 and the Bible as a whole make so clear: that civil government is not neutral among religions and philosophies of men but instead is a ministry of the sovereign God who created and
rules His universe and world, and works out His eternal plan and
holy will in history. Our forefathers in the faith did not retreat from
involvement in society and politics. They did not turn civil government,
the making, enforcement, and adjudication of laws, over to
Satan and those who serve him. They did not surrender the ministry
of civil government to those who are in rebellion against God. Instead,
they sought to base civil government and law upon the truth.
They understood that God is the Lord of history who rules the lives
of nations by His divine providence, and that He is in authority over
our nation as well over all others. They knew that our nation’s civil
government and law must be based upon God’s laws and principles
of justice if we are to enjoy His blessings upon our land and people.They comprehended that all men are sinners, and that man’s sinful
nature has particularly destructive consequences when it is allowed
to vent itself through the power of civil government.

They understood that true religion (Christianity), virtue, and liberty are inseparately united, and that liberty cannot long be perserved in the absence of virtue among the people and their representative."

morrischristianlifechar.jpg

God bless Judge Roy Moore for spreading the truth.

Jukia

If you want to live in a place where the people are subject to the whims of how their leaders interpret holy books, move to Pakistan. The US is a secular country.

I've been listening to BEL for several weeks now, and he and I disagree a lot, there are some things we would agree on, but those are mostly matters where reasonable people can disagree. This Roy Moore thing is another kettle of fish - I was very disappointed that Bob would allow this guy to be on his show. I don't consider there to be any leeway on this one - Roy Moore is akin to a traitor, and giving him a platform to speak, and then praising him, is beyond the area where a respectful dialog can be had.

Frayed: Stick around. Your disappointment will grow with time. This is just the tip of the ice berg with Pastor Bob and his followers.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Judge Moore lost his job because the Alabama Court of the Judiciary found him in violation for affirming he would not, if returned to his post, follow the instructions of a higher court. It's a bit like a full bird colonel telling the Joint Chiefs he'll train his men his way and thank you kindly.

The people of Alabama soundly rejected his bid for high office after most of us became convinced that Roy Moore was mostly about promoting Roy Moore. Riley won against him handily.

Frayed Knot

Being that you don't even believe in God (or do you just HATE Him?),

Oh boy, that never gets old. Yes, I HATE the Christian God, just like you HATE leprechauns, fairies, and Captain Kirk. :doh:

I wouldn't expect for you to acknowledge what Dr. Archie Jones said in his foreward to "The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States":

I'll acknowledge that he said it. But all I have here is that you're telling me that you read somewhere, in a book I never heard of, that some other preacher says what US citizens and statesmen believed to be true 224 years ago, and that's not much to go on. I will acknowledge that many people believed that, and even some people who were in the group that attended the Constitutional Convention believed that, but the point is that those people lost. The CC took great pains to draft a secular Constitution which is open to all religious views, unlike the European monarchies whose kings were said to derive their power from God.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Judge Moore lost his job because the Alabama Court of the Judiciary found him in violation for affirming he would not, if returned to his post, follow the instructions of a higher court. It's a bit like a full bird colonel telling the Joint Chiefs he'll train his men his way and thank you kindly.

The people of Alabama soundly rejected his bid for high office after most of us became convinced that Roy Moore was mostly about promoting Roy Moore. Riley won against him handily.

Agreed. He struck me as a self-aggrandizer then and still does. Just another installment of the Roy Moore Show.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Oh boy, that never gets old. Yes, I HATE the Christian God, just like you HATE leprechauns, fairies, and Captain Kirk. :doh:

Show what laws in the United States were based on leprechauns, fairies (besides Hate Crime laws) and Captain Kirk and we'll talk.

I'll acknowledge that he said it. But all I have here is that you're telling me that you read somewhere, in a book I never heard of, that some other preacher says what US citizens and statesmen believed to be true 224 years ago, and that's not much to go on. I will acknowledge that many people believed that, and even some people who were in the group that attended the Constitutional Convention believed that, but the point is that those people lost. The CC took great pains to draft a secular Constitution which is open to all religious views, unlike the European monarchies whose kings were said to derive their power from God.

Read this and I'll acknowledge something:

"As President Obama engaged in his “America Stinks” tour of Europe this week he told audiences in Turkey that the U.S. is not a Christian nation. “We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation,” he said on April 6. This echoes his statement in 2007 when Obama told CBN, “whatever we once were, we’re no longer just a Christian nation.”

The subtle difference between those two statements just over a year apart is interesting. Candidate Obama seemed to admit that we might have “once” been a Christian nation but are no longer “just” a Christian nation. But, suddenly as president, he seems to be saying squarely that we “don’t” consider ourselves Christian. Interesting that he seemed to feel obligated to mitigate as a candidate his now openly admitted belief that we just aren’t a Christian nation."
http://www.americanconservativedaily.com/2009/04/what-are-we-if-not-a-christian-nation/

After extensive study of the writings of the Founding Fathers, there is not doubt in my mind that our country was founded as a Christian nation.

Now, I will agree with the head pro baby killer/sodomite marching Marxist: while the vast majority of the people in the US say that they're Christian (despite what Obammie thinks: "The number of Muslims in the U.S. would make America "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world,")
Read more: Obama: U.S. 'one of largest Muslim countries' http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=100019#ixzz1CebUEtft

our laws and culture are no longer "Christian".

That being said, we're obvious a divided country. What say we "get it on" and let the best men win? (Being that atheists and liberals really can't call themselves "men", I guess it won't be much of a fight will it FN?).

Frayed Knot

That being said, we're obvious a divided country. What say we "get it on" and let the best men win? (Being that atheists and liberals really can't call themselves "men", I guess it won't be much of a fight will it FN?).
I've been around on the Internet for close to 15 years, but this is the first time I've ever received a threat of physical violence online. Just on a lark, I registered here with not my real name, which is unusual for me. Now I'm really glad I didn't use my real name. And as a suggestion, you should re-read the forum rules that you saw at the time you signed up:
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Now I'm willing to put that behind us.

"As President Obama engaged in his “America Stinks” tour of Europe this week he told audiences in Turkey that the U.S. is not a Christian nation. “We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation,” he said on April 6. This echoes his statement in 2007 when Obama told CBN, “whatever we once were, we’re no longer just a Christian nation.”

The subtle difference between those two statements just over a year apart is interesting. Candidate Obama seemed to admit that we might have “once” been a Christian nation but are no longer “just” a Christian nation. But, suddenly as president, he seems to be saying squarely that we “don’t” consider ourselves Christian. Interesting that he seemed to feel obligated to mitigate as a candidate his now openly admitted belief that we just aren’t a Christian nation."
http://www.americanconservativedaily.com/2009/04/what-are-we-if-not-a-christian-nation/

After extensive study of the writings of the Founding Fathers, there is not doubt in my mind that our country was founded as a Christian nation.

How about this statement, drafted in the administration of George Washington, signed by President John Adams, and unanimously ratified by the 1796 Senate?

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."

That's from the Treaty of Tripoli. Now let me ask you - would language like that be passed by the US government in 2011? No way in hell - the Religious Right would scream bloody murder, because they're unaware of our secular history.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeattleConserv

I've been around on the Internet for close to 15 years, but this is the first time I've ever received a threat of physical violence online. Just on a lark, I registered here with not my real name, which is unusual for me. Now I'm really glad I didn't use my real name. And as a suggestion, you should re-read the forum rules that you saw at the time you signed up:
Quote:
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

I'm glad that you've put whatever is bothering you behind you (consider your 15 year batting record "unblemished"). I actually have a life and have better things to do than make threats in some internet blog. That being said: good and evil can't co-exist, there will be a Holy War in America someday. Whether it be Christianity against atheism or Islam, only time will tell.

Quote:

http://www.americanconservativedaily...istian-nation/

How about this statement, drafted in the administration of George Washington, signed by President John Adams, and unanimously ratified by the 1796 Senate?

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."

That's from the Treaty of Tripoli. Now let me ask you - would language like that be passed by the US government in 2011? No way in hell - the Religious Right would scream bloody murder, because they're unaware of our secular history.

You're not the first atheist/God hating liberal that has played the "Treaty of Tripoli" card FN, and you won't be the last:

"This article [XI] may be read in two manners. It may, as its critics do, be concluded after the clause "Christian religion"; or it may be read in its entirety and concluded when the punctuation so indicates. But even if shortened and cut abruptly ("the government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion"), this is not an untrue statement since it is referring to the federal government.
Recall that while the Founders themselves openly described America as a Christian nation (demonstrated in chapter 2 of Original Intent), they did include a constitutional prohibition against a federal establishment; religion was a matter left solely to the individual States. Therefore, if the article is read as a declaration that the federal government of the United States was not in any sense founded on the Christian religion, such a statement is not a repudiation of the fact that America was considered a Christian nation.
http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=125

By the looks of it, even the federal legislative body (known as Congress) thought that we were a Christian nation.

Secular Nation?

Granite

Hall of Fame

You'll either get used to ASC or just ignore him. He's a vulgar wretch and one of this forum's most deeply unpleasant individuals.

Jukia

Quote:

Ohhh, we are all so scared of the big tough guy.
How about an over/under on how many Clint Eastwood or Bruce Willis movies this jamoke has in his collection.

Frayed Knot

Ohhh, we are all so scared of the big tough guy.
How about an over/under on how many Clint Eastwood or Bruce Willis movies this jamoke has in his collection.

I think it's much more probable that he's a self-loathing still-in-the-closet homosexual. ASC, come on out! We'll accept you for who you are, and you don't have to compensate!

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
I think it's much more probable that he's a self-loathing still-in-the-closet homosexual. ASC, come on out! We'll accept you for who you are, and you don't have to compensate!

Yawn...you're an amateur FN. I started blogging in the faggot laden Seattle newspapers years ago, so you're a bit behind the times when it comes to even getting a flinch out of me by accusing me of being a sodomite.

I have an idea: why don't you respond to my last post about the Founding Fathers? They weren't so hip on buggery either by the way:
http://lasalettejourney.blogspot.com/2009/07/founding-fathers-and-homosexuality.html

Ps82

He is my hero. I hated to see the way he was treated. He is an honorable man, who was treated dishonorably. Thanks for reminding us of his name and his past deeds.

I expected to see or hear something about him on your link ... but hearing R Reagan was just as nice. What a guy... man after my own heart!

Frayed Knot

You're not the first atheist/God hating liberal that has played the "Treaty of Tripoli" card FN, and you won't be the last:

"This article [XI] may be read in two manners. It may, as its critics do, be concluded after the clause "Christian religion"; or it may be read in its entirety and concluded when the punctuation so indicates. But even if shortened and cut abruptly ("the government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion"), this is not an untrue statement since it is referring to the federal government.
Recall that while the Founders themselves openly described America as a Christian nation (demonstrated in chapter 2 of Original Intent), they did include a constitutional prohibition against a federal establishment; religion was a matter left solely to the individual States. Therefore, if the article is read as a declaration that the federal government of the United States was not in any sense founded on the Christian religion, such a statement is not a repudiation of the fact that America was considered a Christian nation.
http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=125

Ha - "Wallbuilders." Now there'a a credible source.

So what Barton is saying is that the federal government was secular, but the states were free to be religious. I think the idea that the federal Constitution was secular was the point I was making, thank you very much. I'm not sure how pointing that out supports your position.

And when he says that "the federal government of the United States was not in any sense founded on the Christian religion, such a statement is not a repudiation of the fact that America was considered a Christian nation," he's saying that although the government was not set up to be Christian, the people largely are Christian. Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious, Barton! I'm not sure why he thinks that matters, though; by that standard, we're also a female nation and a white nation.

Then he goes on to argue against another position that no one has taken. He says that by signing the treaty, President Adams was not repudiating Christianity. Who the hell thinks he was? Pointing out that we have a secular government is not in any sense an insult to Christianity!

By the looks of it, even the federal legislative body (known as Congress) thought that we were a Christian nation.

I watched a couple of minutes of that, but I just can't take very much of Barton. He turns my stomach. I think he was saying (and I can't access the video right now), that the US Congress printed Bibles. That's just a lie.

In 1777, due to the war, there was price gouging going on with Bibles, and a group of ministers asked the Congress to print some with imported supplies in order to control the price, and then Congress was to be reimbursed by sales. However, Congress didn't do what the ministers asked. Instead, they voted on the idea to import already-printed Bibles. They agreed that what they should be voting on was whether to import the Bibles, but after that, the idea was dropped. Congress never actually voted to import the Bibles, and no Bibles were imported or printed.
http://www.liarsforjesus.com/downloads/LFJ_chap_1.pdf

I think he may also have been talking about the Aitken Bible, saying that Congress printed it for use in schools. That's another lie. Aitken asked Congress to let their Chaplains examine his Bible printing for accuracy. The Chaplains said it was OK. Congress, in the interest of advancing US industry ("an instance of the progress of arts in this country"), that Aitken had created an accurate printing and he should print them as he thought was proper.

But I don't know why any of this matters anyway. All this happened years before our secular Constitution was created.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Ha - "Wallbuilders." Now there'a a credible source.

David Barton is the Founder and President of WallBuilders, a national pro-family organization that presents America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious and constitutional heritage.

WallBuilders is a name taken from the Old Testament writings of Nehemiah, who led a grassroots movement to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem and restore its strength and honor. In the same way, WallBuilders seeks to energize the grassroots today to become involved in strengthening their communities, states, and nation.

David is the author of numerous best-selling books, with the subjects being drawn largely from his massive library of tens of thousands of original writings from the Founding Era. He also addresses well over 400 groups each year.

His exhaustive research has rendered him an expert in historical and constitutional issues and he serves as a consultant to state and federal legislators, has participated in several cases at the Supreme Court, was involved in the development of the History/Social Studies standards for states such as Texas and California, and has helped produce history textbooks now used in schools across the nation.

A national news organization has described him as "America's historian," and Time Magazine called him "a hero to millions - including some powerful politicians. In fact, Time Magazine named him as one of America's 25 most influential evangelicals.

David has received numerous national and international awards, including Who's Who in Education, DAR's Medal of Honor, and the George Washington Honor Medal from the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. His work in media has merited several Angel Awards, Telly Awards, and the Dove Foundation Seal of Approval.
http://www.wallbuilders.com/ABTbioDB.asp

No wonder atheists HATE him.

So what Barton is saying is that the federal government was secular, but the states were free to be religious. I think the idea that the federal Constitution was secular was the point I was making, thank you very much. I'm not sure how pointing that out supports your position.

And when he says that "the federal government of the United States was not in any sense founded on the Christian religion, such a statement is not a repudiation of the fact that America was considered a Christian nation," he's saying that although the government was not set up to be Christian, the people largely are Christian. Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious, Barton! I'm not sure why he thinks that matters, though; by that standard, we're also a female nation and a white nation.

Again, our laws were not based on leprechauns, Captain Kirk, the color white, or the female gender; they were based on the laws of God.

The Ten Commandments in American History
http://vftonline.org/TenC 4 USA/UShistory/1st.htm

THE INCORPORATION OF DIVINE LAW INTO AMERICAN COLONIAL LAW
http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=87

Then he goes on to argue against another position that no one has taken. He says that by signing the treaty, President Adams was not repudiating Christianity. Who the hell thinks he was? Pointing out that we have a secular government is not in any sense an insult to Christianity!

I watched a couple of minutes of that, but I just can't take very much of Barton. He turns my stomach. I think he was saying (and I can't access the video right now), that the US Congress printed Bibles. That's just a lie.

In 1777, due to the war, there was price gouging going on with Bibles, and a group of ministers asked the Congress to print some with imported supplies in order to control the price, and then Congress was to be reimbursed by sales. However, Congress didn't do what the ministers asked. Instead, they voted on the idea to import already-printed Bibles. They agreed that what they should be voting on was whether to import the Bibles, but after that, the idea was dropped. Congress never actually voted to import the Bibles, and no Bibles were imported or printed.
http://www.liarsforjesus.com/downloads/LFJ_chap_1.pdf

Ah yes, Chris Rodda, atheist, Huffington Post columnist, Daily Kos blogger and Senior Research Director of Military Religious Freedom Foundation; the Left's "expert" on the Founding Fathers.
What are her qualifications again?

But I don't know why any of this matters anyway. All this happened years before our secular Constitution was created.

It's too bad that God hating atheists like yourself don't read all of the other writings of the Founding Fathers; you'd know then that it wasn't intended to be a secular document.

Frayed Knot

No wonder atheists HATE him.
No, I dislike David Barton because he lies and misrepresents our history in order to tell the yokels what they want to hear, which happens to be the opposite of the truth.

It's too bad that God hating atheists like yourself don't read all of the other writings of the Founding Fathers; you'd know then that it wasn't intended to be a secular document.

If they didn't intend it to be a secular document, they sure screwed up, because the one they wrote and was ratified, is completely secular. That's not to say that our founders were opposed to religion - no one thinks that despite what David Barton tells people. It's that they thought it was important that the federal government be separate from any religion.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
No, I dislike David Barton because he lies and misrepresents our history in order to tell the yokels what they want to hear, which happens to be the opposite of the truth.

Yup, us yokels cling to our Bibles and guns.

If they didn't intend it to be a secular document, they sure screwed up, because the one they wrote and was ratified, is completely secular. That's not to say that our founders were opposed to religion - no one thinks that despite what David Barton tells people. It's that they thought it was important that the federal government be separate from any religion.

Chris Rodda definitely has it out for David Barton; it appears that her life's goal is to refute the work of Barton.

But let me ask you this FN: What would you call a country whose Constitution is based on the Book of Deuteronomy?

Yes, Chris Rodda, Our Constitution Is Based on the Book of Deuteronomy:

"...the framers understood rights are derived from religion and Natural Law [i.e. unalienable rights]; religion a more solid foundation, referenced through Christian philosophers, including Montesquieu and Blackstone, and Protestant forms of government, such as: Switzerland, and Holland. The framers also made it clear, they perused the Protestant Reformers, and Blackstone, in the Constitutional Convention for guidance..."

Just where are the texts in the Scripture that expound unalienable rights?

LIFE, Judges 13:5, Deut 24:16. HAPPINESS, Eccles 3:13. Ironically, several rights are in the same chapter of Deuteronomy, listed one after the other, as the framers listed the Bill of Rights:

Property, Ninth and Tenth Amendment: Deut 19:14. "Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it." and I Kings 4:25.

Trial by Jury. Sixth Amendment: v.15. "One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established."

Unreasonable search and seizure. Fourth Amendment: Deut. 24:10-11. "When thou dost lend thy brother any thing, thou shalt not go into his house to fetch his pledge. Thou shalt stand abroad, and the man to whom thou dost lend shall bring out the pledge abroad unto thee."

Right to bear arms. Second Amendment: “He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Free Speech, assembly, free exercise. First Amendment:

John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
John 6:40,47,51,54
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 7:37
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
John 8:51
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Many State legal codes, the death penalty, et al., are quoted verbatim by the framers. It isn't difficult to see why the framers considered America the "New Zion."

The framers knew where these rights derived, just as Thomas Paine understood Israel was a "kind of Republic." There was no mention at the Constitutional Convention of any separation of church and state, only the anti-establishment clause. We see this is true because they immediately hired Christian chaplains, issued Christian religious proclamations, promoted Christianity amongst the Indians, used government buildings for Christian church services, used the bible as a textbook in federally run public schools, set aside land for Christian religious purposes and continuousy thanked God for his blessings, guidance, and protection.

Whatever be the case of Barton's errors, the entire foundation of Law: the Declaration, Constitution and Bill of Rights, are founded upon the Bible.
http://ourfoundingtruth.blogspot.com/2010/07/yes-chris-rodda-our-constitution-is.html

Status
Not open for further replies.