Who is Neg Repping Who and Why?

illusionray

Yes, it's sick and twisted to call neg rep rape, or imply that a person who neg reps is a rapist. Your whole premise is sick, as is your employing the basest kind of emotional manipulation.
You need to calm down. People compare all kinds of things with rape. I certainly do. When one horse passes another horse on the racetrack, I say "Dayum! That horse got raped".

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
She will never get it. Shallow with the rest of the rapists, miss anna is.

You've not received any neg rep from me, sky. You know it.

And calling me and/or others rapists for neg rep... what a dark thing when the real, physical horror of rape is made light of by comparing it to a goofy rep system.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Anna evidently you are unfamiliar with emotional rape. It is a term psychologists use. I know all about physical rape having been there. But rape as a term is not confined these days to just the physical. Abusers who wield disproportionate strength and force or attempt to force others to subject to their will are no less guilty than physical rapists.
For the first few years of my legal life I represented thousands of victims of abuse. I integrated my service with the shelters serving the lower half of our state, spent a great deal of time educating law enforcement, including judges on the reality of physical and emotional abuse and its impact on the victims, overwhelmingly women, I represented in court.

None of those women would have trivialized their experience the way you did by comparing it to a thing as slight as number on a tote board.

Emotional abuse is a very real and damaging phenomenon. Shame on you for trivializing it.

You need to calm down. People compare all kinds of things with rape. I certainly do. When one horse passes another horse on the racetrack, I say "Dayum! That horse got raped".
Implied profanity is a rules violation here, fyi...else, she wasn't making what could be dismissed in the young as an off hand example of immaturity in consideration (which is what the use of rape as something of a joke expresses). She was serious.

She will never get it. Shallow with the rest of the rapists, miss anna is.
You're an indefensibly small creature. And a horrible example of your sex, to be so blinded by your own personal vendetta that you'd join in that sort of trivialization.

But that rather neatly sums you and yours, doesn't it.

illusionray

Implied profanity is a rules violation here, fyi...else, she wasn't making what could be dismissed in the young as an off hand example of immaturity in consideration (which is what the use of rape as something of a joke expresses). She was serious.
Have I broken a rule? What does "implied profanity" mean? Thanks for letting me know. You've been kind to me showing the ins and outs of the forum :cheers:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Wow, you're a feisty one aren't you? I was just saying your criticism of the whole "rape" saga is slightly OTT.

Then tell me without attaching emotion that isn't there. That's a just logical fallacy you're employing.

And I'll tell you in turn that it's interesting you think it's over the top for me to criticize the comparison.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Have I broken a rule?
You were at the edge of it to be sure.

What does "implied profanity" mean?
Inferring actual profanity. Say, leaving spaces or in some way masking while communicating an intent for the reader to think of the actual profanity (the seven words you can't say on radio, by way of).

Thanks for letting me know. You've been kind to me showing the ins and outs of the forum :cheers:
Not a problem. :cheers: I do think you should rethink using rape lightly. God willing, you'll never know someone dear to you who would be hurt by hearing it, but you might inadvertently use it and cause a needless harm to another. Something to consider at any rate.

Last edited:

illusionray

You were at the edge of it to be sure.

Inferring actual profanity. Say, leaving spaces or in some way masking while communicating an intent for the reader to think of the actual profanity (say, the seven words you can't say on radio, by way of).

Not a problem. :cheers: I do think you should rethink using rape lightly. God willing, you'll never know someone dear to you who would be hurt by hearing it, but you might inadvertently use it and cause a needless harm to another. Something to consider at any rate.
Thanks mate.

I might have to rethink it yeah. I do know how bad it is ever since a football (or soccer if you live in the US) pundit got sacked for comparing a football tackle to a "rape". I watched it live thinking nothing of it. The next day it was in all the newspapers! http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/16/alan-pardew-rape-comment-apology-motd

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-as-Alan-Pardew-describes-tackle-as-rape.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ew-causes-storm-rape-comment-Match-Day-2.html

bybee

Wow, you're a feisty one aren't you? I was just saying your criticism of the whole "rape" saga is slightly OTT.

Is she not free to criticize as she pleases?
Rape is, of course, a depraved behavior which mostly affects females.
We do not minimize it nor do we take the topic lightly.

Arthur Brain

From annabenedetti, today at 25:14 AM..

"You are a complete ignoramus in dire need of a personality transplant and fashion sense"

I can't exactly take issue with the comment itself but the neg, oh that hurt...big style...:nono:

:plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
From annabenedetti, today at 25:14 AM..

"You are a complete ignoramus in dire need of a personality transplant and fashion sense"

I can't exactly take issue with the comment itself but the neg, oh that hurt...big style...:nono:

:plain:

Oooohh... This is payback for the Pearl Harbor post, isn't it? :chuckle: