The Pittsburg Pirates are back, tetelestai?!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pirates are on pace to win 97 games. They haven't won that many games since winning 98 games in 1991. The 1979 World Series team also won 98 games. They should make the postseason easily.

I'll believe it when I see it.

They just lost 5 out of 6 on the road.

Right now, everyone just wants them to win at least 82 games.

However, with this being the first year that two wild card teams from each league make the playoffs, the Pirates should at least make that one game wild card game.

But, again, I'll believe it when I see it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Hey, I'm a Cards fan but hats off to the Buc's, they're playing well. Yet, if they hold true to recent Pirate history....they'll fade by October. :second:

john w

Hall of Fame
Hey, I'm a Cards fan but hats off to the Buc's, they're playing well. Yet, if they hold true to recent Pirate history....they'll fade by October. :second:

"if they hold true to recent Pirate history....they'll fade by October"-you

Oh. Thanks for that insight. Is that like, "If it's true, it's true?"

The Bucs will fold up like a cheap lawn chair, in the hot, humid air of a "Sant" Louis summer.

quip

BANNED
Banned
"if they hold true to recent Pirate history....they'll fade by October"-you

Oh. Thanks for that insight. Is that like, "If it's true, it's true?"

uhhh no....

The Bucs will fold up like a cheap lawn chair, in the hot, humid air of a "Sant" Louis summer.

...more like this ^^. (hopefully) ;)

("Sant" ??)

The Berean

Ok, lets sing along! "We are family...."

o0550077811748967052.jpg

STARGELL.jpg

tumblr_lnnyq5nIOy1qz5nxco1_400.jpg

1979_display_image.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Hey kmoney! I called it! The Royals currently have a 62-56 record and are gunning for their first winning season since 2003. :banana:

:banana:

I'm enjoying this. I still will be very surprised if we make the playoffs but if we end the season several games above .500 then it will be a successful season. :D

I'm also rooting for the Pirates. :banana:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IT'S OVER!!!

After 20 straight losing seasons, the Pirates are guaranteed to finish .500 or above this year.

dianapirates0825d_500.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pirates won their 82nd game tonight.

That means that no matter what, the Pirates will finish with a winning season this year.

The Berean

The Pittsburgh Pirates are in the postseason for the first time since 1992! Congrats to the Pirates and their long suffering fans.

piratesteam092413.jpg