So was this little guy:

monkey-with-glasses.jpg

Latest extra edition of the Gazette found here

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Friday Morning Gazette

(now mostly sod free :D)​

I'd been trying to get through to Trad on the DOMA ruling, but when he referred to it this way...
...I don't want the quasi-moral grumblings of the misguided majority.
You don't want anything but agreement. But if you can pronounce a citation rich reasoning on legal precedent and principle that you're unteachable. Run for Congress.

...You're speaking as though all moral issues, qua moral, are restricted to religious belief.
No, I'm not. I'm simply noting that our compact is controlled by our compact and not by your or my particular allegiances to a particular moral understanding.

3. You're failing to take into account that, given both Natural Law and divine law, marriage actually is defined as between a man and a woman.
Rather, in our compact, marriage is a contract divorced from the necessary allegiance to even the notion of an existent God. That's why atheists marry every day (and some, no doubt, twice on Sunday).

While in zoo's Eeset thread...
I like Eeset...Maybe I need to find myself someone to hate...
Hating anyone on an internet forum should be grounds for a twelve step program. Unless it's a dance program, which would require more steps.

Then chrys came roaring back, in general...
the republicans in texas are doing their best to restrict abortions and the democrats in texas are doing their best to block this effort so once again we see there is a difference and all those who say there isn't are liars

you know who they are
I once saw a field and it was on fire.

People who say all fields aren't burning are liars.

And they know who they are.

Answered a tough question by CC...
Name an American city built by atheists.
Rock and roll? :eek:

Then pointed out a point that would have put out Jabin's point, except for that plank...
...The difference is that Liberals think of blacks as children. Yes, Liberals think blacks are stupid. But, to let anyone call a child stupid is mean.
I agree that it's stupid to see large groups of people in one demeaning light absent sufficient justification to make the objective case. :plain:

Back in Chrys awards thread...
and promised
Man, seventy of these today already. I don't know why how you do it. :plain:

Anna, would you consider thinking about how saints were martyred?
Maybe there could be a correlation here regarding Chrys?
Yes, he's getting murdered in nearly every thread where he tries to argue a point.

Then someone compared chrys to Jesus and...
I think that [someone] insinuating that chrys kept silent because he understood it was God's plan that he be metaphorically martyred is...let's say stretching things a wee bit. :plain:

Or, Christ died for our sins.

Chrys doesn't even post for our entertainment.

Tried to talk BV down from his stance on going pantsless...
You can't make me.
Nudity is perfectly natural, BV...but not at the dinner table.

:think: And, come to think of it, polio was natural too, so that might not be the best argument.

And that was a generally more light hearted day. :D

Sorry gang, but this thread will now be more or less the Gazette exclusively. Or at least until forum stalking and spamming become a rules violation again.

I apologize to those who would otherwise occasionally post, but I think it's more important that most people who stop by to read it don't have to wade through what Sod is up to here.

Again, I apologize. I tried everything short of this that I could think to do, but he's unglued and there's nothing for it absent mod intervention.

Thanks again. :e4e:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Morning Gazette

Had this to say about res/sod's banning...
He's banned :banned: and you're still not happy? :sozo2:
I'm not. I'd be happy if he'd conduct himself in a way that advanced our cause among the heathen and unity among the Body. You can differ strongly and do that. You can poke people in the ribs and do that.

But when you attack everyone, faithful or no, with a deliberate, mean spirited anger that doesn't speak to the gratitude we should have for our unmerited salvation there's a bad seed being planted. And it won't stay put in that little bit of soil. It will do its best to spoil the garden.

And this to people who struggle with history and race...
I'm not, nor did I say that - but I am crediting him for helping me see how a separate but equal situation, or worse, can still exist in this country.
I was at a political function a while back where the n word was dropped with a casual indifference by an older fellow I know in our community. There wasn't a great deal of outrage, even if there weren't a lot of nods.

Slavery dehumanizes. It teaches lessons of value about whole peoples and the stamp of that can take generations to wear down. A hundred years after it was abolished in this country blacks were struggling for even the literal, legal equality before the law. Now some people pretend that within the life in being of the generations that saw that struggle succeed the impact should be negated.

Seriously? :plain:

Then asked one such fellow the why of it...
That is completely racist crap.
I think everyone gets that you're passionate. But why is it and how is what she wrote "completely racist"? Because until you set that sort of thing all we've gotten from you is "crap". :plain:

And...
As what Anna said is complete crap, what is it you agree with?
It isn't a given, which is why at least of couple of us asked you to make the case beyond that thrilling thesis. :poly:

Do you agree that having some distant relatives who might have been involuntary servants would cause you to use racial slurs like you have Tourette syndrome?
Involuntary servants? Why don't you call them unpaid employees? Equally inadequate as descriptions go.

Before daring to ask Knight the question on everyone's mind...

Is it Mediterranean or Mediterranean?

I've heard it said both ways and it's confusing. :plain:

And...
cluggerfish
Except in Great Britain, where the proper pronunciation is, I'm told, cluggerfish.

Also, is it pronounced Caribbean or caring being? :think:

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday. :poly:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
sky's weekend Gazette. I am so stoked about the find of my weekend and the company I kept.

I went with my daughter in law to some rummage sales. I have been working on this rose garden for three years. They are climbing roses. What to do with a used great big bird cage for $30.00, if you don't keep big birds?

Spoiler
4977665d-01cb-4d39-8dc6-0c8fd0b29121.jpg

Spoiler
IMG_5031.jpg

The base will be used for a patio table, once I find a piece of glass for it. I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Morning Gazette

Had this to say about res/sod's banning...
He's banned :banned: and you're still not happy? :sozo2:
I'm not. I'd be happy if he'd conduct himself in a way that advanced our cause among the heathen and unity among the Body. You can differ strongly and do that. You can poke people in the ribs and do that.

But when you attack everyone, faithful or no, with a deliberate, mean spirited anger that doesn't speak to the gratitude we should have for our unmerited salvation there's a bad seed being planted. And it won't stay put in that little bit of soil. It will do its best to spoil the garden.

And this to people who struggle with history and race...
I'm not, nor did I say that - but I am crediting him for helping me see how a separate but equal situation, or worse, can still exist in this country.
I was at a political function a while back where the n word was dropped with a casual indifference by an older fellow I know in our community. There wasn't a great deal of outrage, even if there weren't a lot of nods.

Slavery dehumanizes. It teaches lessons of value about whole peoples and the stamp of that can take generations to wear down. A hundred years after it was abolished in this country blacks were struggling for even the literal, legal equality before the law. Now some people pretend that within the life in being of the generations that saw that struggle succeed the impact should be negated.

Seriously? :plain:

Then asked one such fellow the why of it...
That is completely racist crap.
I think everyone gets that you're passionate. But why is it and how is what she wrote "completely racist"? Because until you set that sort of thing all we've gotten from you is "crap". :plain:

And...
As what Anna said is complete crap, what is it you agree with?
It isn't a given, which is why at least of couple of us asked you to make the case beyond that thrilling thesis. :poly:

Do you agree that having some distant relatives who might have been involuntary servants would cause you to use racial slurs like you have Tourette syndrome?
Involuntary servants? Why don't you call them unpaid employees? Equally inadequate as descriptions go.

Before daring to ask Knight the question on everyone's mind...

Is it Mediterranean or Mediterranean?

I've heard it said both ways and it's confusing. :plain:

And...
cluggerfish
Except in Great Britain, where the proper pronunciation is, I'm told, cluggerfish.

Also, is it pronounced Caribbean or caring being? :think:

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday. :poly:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wednesday Morning Gazette

Tried to talk to Jaberin' about the Zimmerman case, but...
...Trayvon and his parents have lived in a country where they have only known generous racial preferences and welfare for blacks.
You can't note the crime and poverty statistics among blacks and suggest something generous is afoot, unless you're going to also suggest that blacks are inherently more inclined to criminality and a want of personal industry.

Eeset continued to demonstrate the distinction between saying and doing, so less than a day after I took her up on the nothing personal bit...
I think you just like to joust. Silly boy.
I never pick a fight, but I always fight a pick. :plain:

Which led to the lowered site…
Silly child. :plain:
Nah. A silly child would have taken you at your word. I just kept mine.

Well…
...You and I could be friends except for one huge problem.

Knight speculated...
You're gay? :idunno:

Then I suggested...
:think: You could always diet.
But diet won’t really impact head size. :nono:

Then Jaberin was back…
Welfare is not oppression. It's not perceived at oppression by blacks.
Why the singular concentration when whites are about neck and neck in receiving it?

It's not intended to be oppression by those giving it. The only reason you call it oppression is because it enables people to be idle.
Family assistance in Mississippi is about 170 dollars for a family of three. So I can see your point. :plain:

But, the idleness comes from the worthlessness of the person getting the welfare, not from the welfare itself.
Children are worthless? Because they make up the majority of welfare recipients. I think the only demonstrably worthless thing going on here is your opinion, which seems steeped in something unpleasant.

Tried to balance the attempt to balance with an objective center....
Why isn't calling someone a cracker as serious as calling someone a N....?
Because cracker was never a word coined and used to dehumanize people, to desensitize others to their essential humanity. Cracker originated among whites to denote people who were descendants of bondsmen. So it essentially offers the insult that you are of a lower class and of no or less account for that. Insulting, but hardly the same animal.

Revisted my abortion argument with al...
All I'm saying here TH is that the statistical facts rather show that a unique DNA has no special properties of "personhood", far from it seems.
Personhood is either intrinsic or it's bestowed. If the former, it should be inviolate absent some horrific violation of the compact (and arguably not even then). If it's the latter then what gives anyone the right to an arbitrary valuation?

We all agree the right vests at some point. Absent an objective demonstration of when that would be, to echo your "no demonstrable special properties" argument, we should feel compelled to protect from conception.

Before getting serious with anna...
It was pretty much a given. English discrimination against Irish Catholics had carried over to the colonies and it was a long time fading. Of course it has long since the colonial into the nineteenth century Know Nothing days - especially since fears of the Pope leading an invasion of the U.S. helped by "traitorous" Irish Americans proved unfounded.
Well, unfounded so far. :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Holiday Gazette

Discussed the inherent failures of men before God...
doesn't matter who said:
if you believe that the "compact" inevitably leads to laws contrary to God, do you still defend the "compact"?
I don't believe any government constituted by men will ever get it completely right. Expecting it to would be like expecting pure water to come out of a mostly clean vessel. But I also think that in the history of man few compacts have tried harder at getting it right than ours and I don't know of a standing government on earth better.

So of course I'll defend the compact. It's gotten any number of things horribly wrong, but it has a way of correcting over time and I think it will continue to make those corrections, God willing...

Was a little cross with chrys...
there's no justification for the abrogation of simplification
and
I don't have to be an active part of it
He said, needlessly complicating his text with awkward format and a lack of punctuation. Or, blow it out of your ear, Charley. :thumb: Do your best to keep up. If you can't, sit by the road until someone comes along to give you a ride.

Had one of my last conversations with Sod before he went on the ignore pile...in this one he was pretending that answering Eeset (also on the pile) was somehow odious...and in a way he had a point, just not this one...
and as a fellow human being, as a follower of Christ?
Like being lectured on table manners by a cannibal.

You routinely deny the salvation of others for little more than the sating of a personal spite....Your idea of witness to the unsaved involves interjecting your joy at the prospect of their eternal suffering. You're a cancer, bearing false witness, defaming and dividing the Body and an impediment to the unsaved.

So thanks, but no thanks. I don't take character analysis from those without any demonstrable evidence of possessing it.

Grew tired of the vaguely racist jabbering...
...Blacks are more violent in the same crimes. And, black repeat offenders have longer rap sheets than white repeat offenders.
Blacks are much more likely to be charged and prosecuted than their white counterparts, receive harder sentences.
[noted a recent study]

Which led to a scintillating....
Too bad TH doesn't have sufficient brain material
Like being critiqued on grammar by an illiterate.
TH, if you have a law degree, it only proves they'll give a law degree to a monkey.
If you made it through high school it must have been via attendance certificate.

In the study you reference, they did not control for the severity of the crime within a category (offense).
You really should read the whole thing instead of an abstract. The finding is that a great deal of the problem begins with the prosecution, the laying of charges which are rather pointedly defined. Take murder in the first or second degree, by way of example. You're fashioning a Trojan horse out of straw and ignorance.

Then zoo decided to play chrys in my Alt Radio thread, either brilliantly or inexplicably, depending on your level of admiration or cynicism...
Alternative? To what? I don't get it. Like, a different thread option?
You're literally wearing your pants just below the nipple now, aren't you. :plain:
Alternative to what?
At present, apparently an alternative to posting music videos. :think: :D
Alternative to what?
:think: Voting Republican?

So of course rainee had to...
...why divide the music thread up? (Yes the up word should have gone with the divide word, but I divided them, seeee?)
I don't know. It's a strange departure with TOL only having the one thread about homosexuality, or sports, or the President. :plain:
...Are you saying Zoo is like Chrys then?
No. Chrys rarely means to be funny. I thought it was a good take on a chrys bit. Reductionist even.

Ah, well…
No Town, it seems pretty petty to me,
No. You reading something negative into something I wrote? :shocked: Is this opposites day? Is everyone wearing beards?! (Star Trek bonus)

in a subversive militant partisan way.
I'm sure. But how you couldn't work in terrorist I'll never know.

I think you are bigger than that. I thought you were better than that.
Yes. It really comes through in your opening. :plain:

...He may lack guile to a certain extent,
So you only mean to insult him to a certain, lesser degree while insulting me to a greater one. Noted.

an attribute one might not find in law schools.
People do tend to be clever enough, if they've made it to and through that particular education, but as I've noted repeatedly, with the possible exception of fool I don't know anyone who's sharper/funnier, if in a mostly dry and frequently missed variety, than my friend zoo.
Now do try to at least work a music video into any future attempts at wedge driving, won't you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Today's Poetry Reading

The Hollow Men

Mistah Kurtz—he dead.

A penny for the Old Guy

I

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats’ feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death’s other Kingdom
Remember us—if at all—not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

II

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death’s dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind’s singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.

Let me be no nearer
In death’s dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat’s coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer—

Not that final meeting
In the twilight kingdom

III

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man’s hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death’s other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

IV

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Sightless, unless
The eyes reappear
As the perpetual star
Multifoliate rose
Of death’s twilight kingdom
The hope only
Of empty men.

V

Here we go round the prickly pear
Prickly pear prickly pear
Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o’clock in the morning.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

T. S. Eliot

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Truncated Gazette

Just the comic section today or, Sunday with Chrys...
why are you all so sensitive?
:think: Counterbalance?

And...
anyone who has as many as I do on ignore must admit to being very sensitive

most of them are on ignore because they gave me a neg rep
and
I can't stand seeing those red marks
Maybe you vest to much in external validation...or red marks. :plain:

While on Islamic extremists...or as chrys thinks of them, all Muslims...
...you don't know where or how the next attack will come
If you do you should tell someone in authority.

and
it will be an invasion of privacy
Did you mean piracy? Because the other one isn't nearly so scary...or romantic.

:plain:

While on the question of who knew what and, well...
they [the government, I think] already know but
they can't tell us

because you can't handle the truth
I just knew it would end up being my fault. :plain:

Tomorrow? If you can't find the fit you must acquit. :plain: Or whatnot.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Evening Gazette

...or, I found some more stuff I like... :plain:
so why didn't you vote republican?
I'm an optimist?

Then chrys got :think: the gentle word would be creative...
once I locked my thread because of an ugly situation
and
guess who had a fit?

town
Try quoting me to show that "fit". I'll wait while it never happens. :plain:

While over in Ask Knight the namesake was attempting to sooth Letsargue's shattered nerves...
(( KNIGHT!! ))

Can you get this Cursed full page commercial off my Back, or is it there for a purpose????

Paul -- 070613

You might want to check our computer for malware. We don't employ any pop-up or full page advertising here at TOL. It must be coming from somewhere else.
If I had to speculate, my best guess is that it comes from some [((GENIUS!!))] somewhere...but that's purely speculation. :plain:

Commiserated with Breathe in TM's reintroduction to polite society (or at least less profane :eek:)...
Hon, you have no idea how many of those words I have backspaced out of my posts. Welcome back. :D
I can undestand that. My initial response to one of AB's post's, by way of, is typically comprised almost entirely of profanity, sometimes without punctuation. :plain: By the fifth or sixth drink, seizure draft it's appropriate for TOL consumption.

Which led to the inevitable...
Why you strike strike strike strike you!

:plain:
Why does everything have to be about "you"? :plain: :eek:

Tomorrow? Shenanigans aplenty. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This Just In... :singer:

June was a lively month for Cub Reports, with four contending horses in a double digit reporting race. But when it was all said and done, a solid drive by Nazaroo (17) had secured his spot as head reporter once again over a game Resurrected's bid (15) to reclaim the front runner status and equally game try by GloryDaze (15). IK hung in there (12) but faded in the home stretch.

Congrats Naz!

The latest Gazette here.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
And at least I have gotten one tomato and one bean and a few peppers.

Spoiler
IMG_5055.jpg

Also this is the garden "mascot", I guess. I'm not sure.

Spoiler
IMG_5070.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Odd moment of the day:

(brought to you by AB's Beans and Toast, now at a discount mart near you. :thumb:)

Ben Masada
Searching Forums
User: Ben Masada

So, finally, proof that not even Ben keeps up with Ben. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Thursday Afternoon Gazette

Having accused yours truly of throwing a fit and still being unable to produce it...
...Are you saying the fit was deleted? ... That sound like Eeset's handiwork. Are you blaming Eeset?
I think he's saying that he's a big, fat liar...or maybe a small thin liar, but liar is definitely in there. :plain:

And...
look who is making it a big deal
The guy who brought up a difference, then mischaracterized it and when called on it couldn't quote/illustrate it?

That's just a guess, mind you. :plain: I just hope your pants aren't flammable. That's some hope.

I did say may as I recall during this time certain people
Unnamed people?

were being attacked by the wolf pack led by town
Sweet. More vague specifics.

they were primarily after grosnick and myself but also included were meshak, eeset, and some othersthey accused me of encouraging them
So me and an unnamed group were attacking...a group.

Then, after laying out a truncated quote on SD's...
:yawn: Proof please. :peach:
It was right there, posted in the actual post you're responding to. I reprinted what you truncated at your site and what I actually said. :plain:

I'd like proof that you're reading.

Then proving some old adage, rainee jumped in with...
... I started an hilarious thread about TH and some quotes he had made about his hair.
I remember. That was a fun thread, though my remarks were mostly tongue and cheek responses to other people turning the hair business into a point of interest.

...Did he pitch a fit? Well, he started another thread about his hair and in the OP declared I closed my thread because I wanted to hurt him with the thing and so I closed it since I failed to do so.
Quote me. The thing about people who want to fudge the truth that doesn't quite serve their purpose is that they never do get around to quotes...it's a theme. :plain:

I, on the other hand, do. Here's the actual OP from that thread...[repost]...To the contrary, as it turns out.

...So i ask did TH pitch a fit when I closed my thread?
You can ask if I grew wings too. Same answer.

Pesky things, quotes...if they aren't erased I mean. :plain:

While over in the neg rep thread...
Is it Christian thing to do to give neg reps?
Is it Christian to hand out parking tickets?

I say "no" loudly.
That would be in all caps.

Played Hall monitor...
Well, you seem pretty good with not giving a rip, but then you betray your lie by spitting out your neg-rep venom on those whom you falsely claim not to care about socially...

I never read my reps, pos or neg...

Which is perhaps one reason why I asked...

God does not speak in social reps...

You can ask Paul...

But it is not good for you to lie...

A.
If you were any more disinterested you'd have an aneurysm. :plain:

Loved the show, by the way. Are you sure it's a good idea to bring it back though?

And I'll end with rainee taking a second try...
...It was your hair quote on a religious thread after you fussed at me and accused me wrongly that and got mad at me that got me thinking about it. I guess I do remember that.
Try quotes. It's funny how quotes have a way of sorting memories out.

Re: people making light of the topic...
...Strange is always strange - one cannot make it normal - to try to make strange normal or right is a factor in what makes an abomination, right? Ok then.
See, that's you trying to make questionable or bad what was only harmless and light. And you're doing that because your purpose was questionable and bad, not harmless and light. That's ironic.

So you see? I did not make myself mad as you try to claim, but I was angry.
Angry isn't mad...hokay. :plain: You should rewrite a dictionary. :poly:

Now hold on - it is not always a quoting of you that is the answer.
:rolleyes:

You know how to use words. What I have to do is try to keep you from saying white is something other than white and stuff like that.
See, that's you calling me deceptive without actually saying it. So you do just fine using words.

Re: rainee's bite at the gay barber apple...
...lol. Uuups. Sorry.
See, to me that's a real glimpse into your thinking. I don't pay much attention to the Shirley Temple act around it. You aren't really sorry and there's nothing funny about what Sod tried to do.

Well hello Mr It Is Not always Just About You
You write about something else? That's encouraging.

...THEN YOU opened a look alike thread and said I had wanted to hurt you!
No, I didn't.

I nominate rainee for Least Likely to Succeed (at using quotes).

And the winner is: no one who reads her, ever. :first:

Tomorrow? More with chrys, Eeset gets an object lesson in principle and hilarity breaks out all over...somewhere. :plain: