User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terri Case - this is ridiculous

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has only hit the news here on TV since the court stepped in..before that , there was nothing. I have given the background to the story from looking on here and in the American papers, and so many people say the same thing about her husband - jerk!
    Why can't he just concede to parental control...leave it to those who truly do love her...and just back off right out of it and live his new life!!!
    "And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he MUST BE KIND TO EVERYONE...Those who oppose him he must GENTLY instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance, leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses..." 2Tim 2:24-26

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julie21
    This has only hit the news here on TV since the court stepped in..before that , there was nothing. I have given the background to the story from looking on here and in the American papers, and so many people say the same thing about her husband - jerk!
    Why can't he just concede to parental control...leave it to those who truly do love her...and just back off right out of it and live his new life!!!
    Amen, sist-a, preach it!!!!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I hear her husband stood by her side for a long time.
    Really??
    Any money he got paid her bills.
    HIS LAWYERS got about $650,000.....so that Terri can be starved to death....NONE of it went to pay for HER lawyers!
    His life has been on hold for 15 years.
    You are mistaken. Michael has a fiancee and has been living with her for many years and they have children together!! Doesn't look like his life is on hold to me!!
    On the other side, parents see hope where there is none.
    Your opinion.
    It's time to let God take her and get on with life. Then they all can start over again.
    She is NOT termianlly ill....no reason to let God "take" her. She is BEING STARVED TO DEATH!!!!!!! Who will start over again? Can her sister and brother "start over"? Can her parents make another one just like her?

You are
    Mrs. Truthsmacker!
    Jesus may love you, but I have to work at it!
    For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible. - Stuart Chase

Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now there's a post deserving of some Rep points!
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keypurr:
    ...His life has been on hold for 15 years....

WA:
    Really? How do you father 2 children by a different woman with your life on hold?

Poly:
    He shacked up with another woman and had 2 kids by her.

Oh yeah, his life is really "on hold".

WA:
    Great minds think alike!
    Live from the abortion mill, it's Saturday morning.
    7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mountain Time

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stelakh

Beautiful! You are correct. There are other ways that the courts are violating the constitution as well. But your post hit the nail on the head. And as a military officer I swore an oath to "support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    Stelakh

Beautiful! You are correct. There are other ways that the courts are violating the constitution as well. But your post hit the nail on the head. And as a military officer I swore an oath to "support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic."
    Then hustle on down to our border with Mexico, will ya'?
    Live from the abortion mill, it's Saturday morning.
    7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mountain Time

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just idle thought here, but I'm wondering about Michael Schiavo and the vilification he's received.

I've seen so many posts about how he's "shacked up with another woman and has two kids by her", and any variation on that theme, all of which are said to show he doesn't love his wife, is only in it for money and to kill her, etc, and shows a complete lack of devotion to her.

There are options that he could have taken if he has been so totally and completely "non-devotional" where his wife is concerned. Not the least of which is divorce. Which he has not done.

I've seen posts here referencing the over $650,000.00 paid to his attorneys during his fight. We all know that Mrs. Schiavo received cerebral insult over 15 years ago, and yet he's still involved.

Whether or not I agree with his actions where Mrs. Schiavo is concerned, he could have simply walked away. For fifteen years he could have simply walked away, and he obviously hasn't. I'm wondering why, and I'm thinking it can't be that he's just a jerk.

Yes, he is currently living with a woman he calls his fiancee. Yes, he has children with her. But again, I wonder. How would YOU want him to handle his life if you were Terri Schiavo?

If it were me, in a state where my cerebral cortex had 80% degradation, I can say that I wouldn't want to be kept alive by extraordinary means. But, aside from that, I'd want my wife to move on in her life, to live her life for HER, and not for me. I'd want her to be happy and to have someone to grow old with, and if that person couldn't be me because I was in a state like Mrs. Schiavo, I'd hope she'd find someone who would be.

I don't think we should be coming down too harshly on Mr. Schiavo for trying to move on with his life. Fifteen years is a long time, and none of us know him personally.

None of us have been talking to him for the past fifteen years. None of us have been close enough to her parents. None of us knows the whole story.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakath
    It's too late, then...

Free will does not guarrantee unlimited ability to change one's mind and affect a different outcome in an event.
    Unrelated, but...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr
    Any money he got paid her bills.
    Summary of expenses paid from Terri’s 1.2 Million Dollar medical trust fund (jury awarded 1992)

Atty Gwyneth Stanley $10,668.05
    Atty Deborah Bushnell $65,607.00
    Atty Steve Nilson $7,404.95
    Atty Pacarek $1,500.00
    Atty Richard Pearse (GAL) $4,511.95
    Atty George Felos $397,249.99

1st Union/South Trust Bank $55,459.85
    Michael Schiavo $10,929.95

Total $545,852.34

Not to mention in November of 1992 "Michael Schiavo awarded $600,000 in malpractice trial." Three months before: Michael Schiavo denies recommended rehabilitation treatment in February of 1993.

All information taken from here
    Help for Universalists

"...the Reformation broke with Rome but not Greece..." - Bob Enyart BR X

~*Bible*~*Support TOL!*~*Dictionary*~*Google*~

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelakh
    he could have simply walked away. For fifteen years he could have simply walked away, and he obviously hasn't. I'm wondering why, and I'm thinking it can't be that he's just a jerk.
    If I'm not mistaken there is still a life insurance policy on her. Obviously $600,000 just isn't enough to pay off greer. Check out the time line of events. There is a reason people who have been with this event for a while feel like they do about this guy.
    Help for Universalists

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineveh
    If I'm not mistaken there is still a life insurance policy on her. Obviously $600,000 just isn't enough to pay off greer. Check out the time line of events. There is a reason people who have been with this event for a while feel like they do about this guy.
    Even if he were the nicest guy in the world, nice isn't what this issue is about. Even nice people do wicked things. Even nice people have mistaken concepts.

Killing an innocent person deliberately has always been inherently wrong.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen, Crow.
    Help for Universalists

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineveh
    If I'm not mistaken there is still a life insurance policy on her.
    Which may or may not be in effect if he were to divorce her. It depends on the laws of the particular state, as well as the policy's declarations of insurance.

Since the life insurnace has been mentioned here several times too, I'd really like to see the policy. I know that my father's "rock solid" life insurance wasn't paid when he died because the company said his policy didn't cover natural causes, just accidental death.

I've seen a lot of things thrown around here that are conjecture and heresay. And, frankly, if Mr. Schiavo REALLY wanted to make money, all he'd need to do is come here, read the posts and then sue for libel and defamation of character.

My point is that the only person who knows his true motives are him. It's convenient to make him a monster (even if he really is), but it's wrong to do so unless you have the entire story (something I don't think anyone will ever have).

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelakh
    My point is that the only person who knows his true motives are him. It's convenient to make him a monster (even if he really is), but it's wrong to do so unless you have the entire story (something I don't think anyone will ever have).

Looks like he's building his own reputation. Did you bother to look at the timeline from people who have been with this from the beginning? Or are you merely going to remain content supporting the murder of handicapped folks?
    Help for Universalists

Thread Information