User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terri Case - this is ridiculous

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right. so go back and read my other posts and settle down please. i retracted my assumptions. quit attacking me.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    From CNN.com

This is ridiculous. This friggin' case has become the most retarded media circus I ever saw. This is a private family matter that the whole country and court system does not need to be involved in. This is a waste of the judges' time. Waste of the president's time. And poor Terri! She had a living will and her husband has authority.

This crap will never end. And our media will continue to find stupid things to tell us and waste our time with. And Terri's parents are just sick, sick people. Let the poor woman die with dignity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to avoid the story as long as I could because it's not my business; this family's issue is not my business and it doesn't belong in the nation's courts! This burns me up.
    First of all, she didn't have a legit living will otherwise her "husband" would have been showing it to every one. Secondly, you are right, it is a family thing, except the courts and all the dirty, stinking liberals aren't letting her family decide. Her "husband" is NOT part of her family because he gave up that right when started shacking up with the woman who is now his common law wife. That's right, he is a polygamist. If it were trully up to her family, this wouldn't be in the news because her family (father, mother, sister, brother) don't want her to die.
    says: "Visit Spammer's Paradise today."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i retracted my assumptions.

there's more important things happening in the world.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am not a liberal. not even close.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From CNN.com

This is ridiculous. This friggin' case has become the most retarded media circus I ever saw. This is a private family matter that the whole country and court system does not need to be involved in. This is a waste of the judges' time. Waste of the president's time. And poor Terri! She had a living will and her husband has authority.

This crap will never end. And our media will continue to find stupid things to tell us and waste our time with. And Terri's parents are just sick, sick people. Let the poor woman die with dignity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to avoid the story as long as I could because it's not my business; this family's issue is not my business and it doesn't belong in the nation's courts! This burns me up.
    when your wife decides to smother you with a pillow, just remember it's a family matter!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, all she has to do is tell a judge that she remembers you requesting to be smothered.......

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob
    Yep, all she has to do is tell a judge that she remembers you requesting to be smothered.......

If only O. J. had used this defense, there never would have been a trial.

"Yes, officer, she told me to stab her several times, and I had to stab Mr. Goldman because he was preventing me from carrying out her living will"

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advance directives. living wills, etc, are an example of laws that were intended for good being used for a wicked purpose.

These insturments were intended to spare people who were close to death and unable to be healed the opportunity to die without the pain and indignity of a battery of futile treatments to prolong the process of death. To allow a man or woman with a terminal disease to not be subjected to pointless, expensive, extrodinary, and often agonizing procedures that would not restore or maintain their health. It was a means of allowing people to die with some semblance of dignity; a way of promoting comfort over an attempt to prevent what is ultimately the fate of all of us and a natural end to life--death.

Living wills were not intended as a means to kill those members of society who were handicapped and needed assistance with basic human needs--food and water. They were not intended as instruments for to be wielded to effect the suicide or murder of "defective" humans.

I was raised to be proud of my country--a serviceman's kid who respected and loved my country. I was raised to appreciate the freedom, opportunity, and ideals of my country, even when those goals could not be acheived perfectly by imperfect human beings.

Today, I am ashamed of the direction my country is headed in. A woman's life is being taken by good laws perverted to exploit the weakest and most defenseless of human beings--a helpless woman who is considered to be unworthy of her own life. An woman who has not commited a capital crime is being put to death by a means that would not be tolerated if one chose to apply them to a dog. She is being executed barbarically by deliberate starvation.

Some say the law has no right to intervene. Since when is killing another human being not a concern of the law? Since when is a person's decision to kill another member of their family sacred--a personal matter that does not bring detriment to society as a whole?

Since 1973, when Rowe vs. Wade opened a Pandora's box that made it acceptable to cull our ranks of those who are unwanted and inconvenient. It became acceptable to assign an arbitrary value to the life of another human being, and end that life based not upon just cause but upon "choice."

Who will be the next group of people to be relegated to the delete bin? The feeble-minded? The crippled? A troublesome ethnic group?

Maybe it looks familiar. It should.
    Last edited by Crow; March 25th, 2005 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when your wife decides to smother you with a pillow, just remember it's a family matter!
    I need to write a living will, so this horrible madness doesn't happen to me should i have an accident like that.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to write a living will, so this horrible madness doesn't happen to me should i have an accident like that.
    Didn't I already suggest that to you?

I'm guessing that if you happen to be sent to Iraq, you have already made provisions to be starved to death, by your family, in the event that you are not able to feed yourself as the result of some misfortune. Is that correct?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An woman who has not commited a capital crime is being put to death by a means that would not be tolerated if one chose to apply them to a dog. She is being executed barbarically by deliberate starvation.
    I agree. It should not have come this far. This should have been settled 17 years ago. but now the only way out either way has a bad outcome...either they kill her slowly or prolong her meaningless life. this situation exists because of mistakes and heresay. it is unfortunate.

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. It should not have come this far. This should have been settled 17 years ago. but now the only way out either way has a bad outcome...either they kill her slowly or prolong her meaningless life. this situation exists because of mistakes and heresay. it is unfortunate.
    So what, to you, should be the default scenario? Preserve a woman's life, which may well and does indeed appear to be meaningful to her? Or starve her to death just in case she would want to die?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...either they kill her slowly or prolong her meaningless life.
    The hole you are digging yourself, is just about deep enough to bury an eternity of stupidity!

BANNED
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    Advance directives. living wills, etc, are an example of laws that were intended for good being used for a wicked purpose.

These insturments were intended to spare people who were close to death and unable to be healed the opportunity to die without the pain and indignity of a battery of futile treatments to prolong the process of death. To allow a man or woman with a terminal disease to not be subjected to pointless, expensive, extrodinary, and often agonizing procedures that would not restore or maintain their health. It was a means of allowing people to die with some semblance of dignity; a way of promoting comfort over an attempt to prevent what is ultimately the fate of all of us and a natural end to life--death.

Living wills were not intended as a means to kill those members of society who were handicapped and needed assistance with basic human needs--food and water. They were not intended as instruments for to be wielded to effect the suicide or murder of "defective" humans.

I was raised to be proud of my country--a serviceman's kid who respected and loved my country. I was raised to appreciate the freedom, opportunity, and ideals of my country, even when those goals could not be acheived perfectly by imperfect human beings.

Today, I am ashamed of the direction my country is headed in. A woman's life is being taken by good laws perverted to exploit the weakest and most defenseless of human beings--a helpless woman who is considered to be unworthy of her own life. An woman who has not commited a capital crime is being put to death by a means that would not be tolerated if one chose to apply them to a dog. She is being executed barbarically by deliberate starvation.

Some say the law has no right to intervene. Since when is killing another human being not a concern of the law? Since when is a person's decision to kill another member of their family sacred--a personal matter that does not bring detriment to society as a whole?

Since 1973, when Rowe vs. Wade opened a Pandora's box that made it acceptable to cull our ranks of those who are unwanted and inconvenient. It became acceptable to assign an arbitrary value to the life of another human being, and end that life based not upon just cause but upon "choice."

Who will be the next group of people to be relegated to the delete bin? The feeble-minded? The crippled? A troublesome ethnic group?

Maybe it looks familiar. It should.
    Very well expressed....!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I already have...

Thread Information